24 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

Xeterog

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB S20 NonAQ Conference Play Round 7 (game 5 for Memphis, game 6 for Karak)

Memphis State Pro Tigers 2 vs Karak University 1

Memphis:
I don't know who these elves are, but they are playing better than the team we started the season with. Still a bit too fragile, but they are better at getting a lead and holding onto it now. Solid Tiger Defense! Dwarves were pushing a lot in the 1st half and not breaking armor, that also helped. 2nd half the dwarves had a better offensive drive and did all the stuff they were trying to do in the 1st half. Fortunately the Tigers could afford to bend on Defense and just eat up clock.

Thanks for the game, Xeterog. Memphis is now 3/0/3 with the forfeit win. Better than I feared we would be at this point after losing the first 3 straight.

Karak
Dwarves got out guarded by elves and paid the price

1st half, I had a plan, but the plan backfired when I could not knock down elves at an alarming rate--eventually lost the ball and they scored on turn 8. Apothecary did save Larry from death.

2nd half, the elves quickly scored, and then I took the rest of the half to get a consolation TD. Actually, the 2nd half drive by the Techies of Karak followed the plan set out in the 1st half almost to a T....

Grime gets the MVP and takes some lessons from Dave and DeAngelo about how to better assist his teammates (finally have guard).

Finish the season 20 NCBB Non-AQ schedule with a 1/3/2 record. Not horrible, but not great either.

----------------------------------------------------------
Questions:

In the Non-AQ division, we had one team drop out after a game. Later, another team took their place, but only played a couple of games. Will the 3 missed games get made up, forfeited to the teams that were to face the old team, or something else entirely?

Are there any games before bowl Season?

Oh, I think something is off on the schedule, as it shows the Georgia Apedogs (the replacement team) to be the winner of the Non-AQ division..with a 0/2/1 record..shouldn't it be KFR, with a 4/2/0 record?

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope they are a forfeit! Wouldn't mind the extra win! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Xeterog wrote:
Oh, I think something is off on the schedule, as it shows the Georgia Apedogs (the replacement team) to be the winner of the Non-AQ division..with a 0/2/1 record..shouldn't it be KFR, with a 4/2/0 record?

Woo!

Cool

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2014 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hayati wrote:
Xeterog wrote:

Woo!

Cool

You just wait until my guys can block!

And... errr... pick up the ball...

And hit...

And... *sigh* Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 3 Army Black Pyramids 0

Well, this was a carbon copy of the first encounter between these top-ranked teams, with the same scoreline! As per the earlier game Army couldn't get started and the game was all but decided after a disastrous turns 1-2.

Coach Hayati was sad to learn that the Pyramids will not be continuing after the current season due to time constraints. The imposing sight of the "Pyramid" offense will be sorely missed by all!

Sad

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2014 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I repeat my previous comment!!

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2014 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Over our last 4 games, Kentucky is 8-0 on touchdowns scored/conceded.

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=782304

Woo!

FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB hits the home stretch and as our brave commish Robocoyote made off with the conference's war chest to Aruba, I feel responsible to do the Push for Bowl Season for Smack 7.

1. TCU 3-3-0
The Horned Rats are still undefeated at this point of the season. But in difference to last year (4-1-1 at this point of the season), TCU may have tied too many games to play for the championship. Plus there is this one forfeited game that isn't of a huge help either.
With South Florida and UNLZ they close the season against two underdog teams, that have nothing to loose but can only win.

2. Alabama 4-1-2
Alabama started big with 2-0-1 in OOC, but couldn't carry the momentum to Smack 7 games. Unstable performances followed (3-0 win against UNLZ, 0-4 loss against TCU).
In week 8, they will or will not face Fresno, before they meet Buffalo in week 9. It will be a close run for the Smack 7 Championship, although Alabama definitely needs the help of TCU's opponents to finish on top.

3. South Florida 2-1-2
The Cockroachs underwent kind of a transformation process in this season. Starting as angry Norsemen, they returned from football camp as even angrier Chaos Dwarves (Warpstone abuse rumored but unproven).
With only one game left, they could crown a good inaugural season with a win that will definitely push them into a bowl game. The fact, that this game is against TCU, makes this quite a challenge though.

4. Buffalo 1-3-2
Buffalo has done okay in Smack 7 with 1-2-0 so far, but suffers from a bad performance out of conference 0-2-1.
With no losses and at least one win (week 8: Gardner-Webb, week 9: Alabama) they still could reach bowl eligibilty, but especially the season closer against Alabama is gonna be a tough one.

5. UNLZ 1-2-4
We're closing in at the low end of the conference now. UNLZ performed okay in out-of-conference (1-1-1), but from there on nothing worked out for the Norsemen. Additionally, they lost more players in their inaugural season than Uruguayan rugby union did in the Andes Mountains.
They have one game left (week 9: TCU) and anything else but another loss would be a big surprise.

6. Fresno 3-0-0
Starting very strong with three wins in out-of-conference, they somehow got lost on a flight via the Andes Mountains. Other rumors speak of a longlasting food poisoning or a serious case of Nurgle decease. Involvement of TCU and/or Alabama is assumed but yet unproven.

7. Gardner-Webb
Another team with only 3 games so far. Gardner-Webb somehow missed the OOC games, but played every game in conference. With 1-1-1, they did okay. Not more, nothing less. Like UNLZ, they suffer lots of casualties which could become a problem in upcoming seasons.
One more game against Bufallo (week Cool and a forfeited game against Fresno won't change much about their standing.
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
5. UNLZ 1-2-4
We're closing in at the low end of the conference now. UNLZ performed okay in out-of-conference (1-1-1), but from there on nothing worked out for the Norsemen. Additionally, they lost more players in their inaugural season than Uruguayan rugby union did in the Andes Mountains.
They have one game left (week 9: TCU) and anything else but another loss would be a big surprise.

Quoted for truth :'(
Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2014 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 2 Georgia Apedogs 1

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3628783

A well played game with good chances for both sides, in the end Lady Luck stepped in to secure the win for Kentucky.

In the first half Georgia received and looked to be in trouble as several players were removed from the field of play. Indeed, Kentucky turned over the football and looked to have a strong group of players down the right flank- until Georgia's Wizard intervened to break up the formation with a well-timed Fireball. Cue Brendan Gangley to make a great passing play to Ring DeBell, who was wide open on the right flank, for the first score! 1-0 Georgia!

Following this some good Simyin defense prevented Kentucky from drawing level by half time. In the second half Kentucky managed to score fairly quickly, giving the football back to coach Sutherlands for the chance to win the game.

And here the winds of fortune below strongly, first with a Blitz allowing the Skinks to flood the back-field, followed by Brendan Gangley twice failing to pick up the football (under no tackle zone pressure)! From this disastrous sequence of events, Kentucky managed to score again for the 2-1 lead. This left Georgia with an extremely difficult play to tie the game, which they could not make.

Coach Hayati said, "We were very impressed with the Simyins. They scored the first touchdown against Kentucky in 5 games and had a good chance to win the game, prevented only by some extreme misfortune. Although their game winnings were poor, nobody got hurt, which is always good news. Good luck to them and we look forward to locking horns again soon!"

Regarding the NCBB non-AQ conference, the question is, can anyone stop this Kentucky team from recording an unbeaten season?

Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2014 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PS Georgia are our conference rivals, hence the Wizard was allowed Smile

Miyuso

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Beast Rankings

1 CDI Slannunity College (5-0-2) 15
2 Texas S n' M Aggroes (5-0-2) 15
3 Missouri THT Tigers (4-0-1) 12
4 Arkansas Laserbacks (3-0-5) 9
5 U.Con. Huskies (0-1-2) (0-1-1) 1
6 California Golden Lizards(1-2-3) 5
7 Penn State / Rutgers (0-1-2) 1
Hayati

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 1 UN of Illinois Fighting Illini 1

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3630350

This was the first chance for Kentucky to seal their conference, and the pressure showed on the players in the first half! After many poor plays, Illinois were able to stroll down for an easy touchdown close to half time.

In the second half coach Hayati managed to rally the Reptiles, who made a good drive and scored despite some strong defensive efforts from coach Valen. With a few seconds remaining, Illinois had a chance to win the game but were thwarted by an impenetrable wall of Skinks!

With this result Kentucky are 6-3-0 with one game left. In other words, they have sealed the non-AQ conference.

Coach Hayati, when asked for a comment, simply said, "Woo!"

Very Happy

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 26, 2014 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

An SDSU Smacktec from our first graduating class is the first overall NBFL Draft pick! Huitzilopochtli, take a bow! You'll be a fine cog for the Hearthstone Hexen for seasons to come!

And Xipe-Totec drafted third! That's right, the NBFL knows where to get its talent.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Hayati wrote:
With this result Kentucky are 6-3-0 with one game left. In other words, they have sealed the non-AQ conference.

Grats! No small feat for a 1st-year lizard team!

JackassRampant wrote:
An SDSU Smacktec from our first graduating class is the first overall NBFL Draft pick!

Nice. I became disillusioned when I noticed that the graduating players' skills and spp were edited to suit the whims of the commisioner(s) before they hit the draft. Confused

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: