20 coaches online • Server time: 08:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
I'm not even geting started on the fact that you also can feild 3 guys with 3+ str and 4 guy with str 3 blitz

Yeah, but 2 of them are Really Stupid, and 1 is Wild Animal, so blitzing with any of the Ungors will often cost you an action with the Mino.

In playtesting they certainly haven't dominated. Even once they start to get some skills, they still were pretty comparable to the standard Stunty fare.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

what tr are you playtesting at sure as a fresh team or with few skills your not really making a noticable difference and everyone thats high str in stunty has a neg trait so they're wa or rs really isn't an argument.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
what tr are you playtesting at sure as a fresh team or with few skills your not really making a noticable difference
I've playtested them up to TR 160. But of course that's artificial inflation, since I simply added spp and assumed no injuries (which is unrealistic of course)

nexusvalhees wrote:
everyone thats high str in stunty has a neg trait so they're wa or rs really isn't an argument.

Exactly, they're high St but have neg traits like everyone else. Not to mention that they only have 1 St 5 guy to face off against other teams (usually 2-3) St 5 (or 6!) BGs.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but only teams with str 1 linemen have 3 players with str 3+ and only the slaves and strygo have gen acess str 3 + players this roster combines those with str 2 str access linemen and 4 str 2 horns str access players Just looking at it I'd say it seriously needs a rethink main problem in my eyes is str access on lineos I can't immagine this team not crushing most of the stunty teams at higher tr they might have a bit of trouble vs gnome armor but thats about the only team I can see not getting beat down hard with this team

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
Yes but only teams with str 1 linemen have 3 players with str 3+

You keep lumping all players St 3 or higher together.. there's a world of difference between St 3 and St 5. Most of the teams with 3 BGs have them at St 5 (or 6).

Yes, the team is fairly good at bashing, but struggles to score, very similar to Chaos in LRB (which is intentional).
SteelThunder

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 08:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to agree with Craft on this one. We've playtested this one a few times. I really like the roster, but it does get frustrating to run at times. It gives a different dimension to stunty, but I really like this roster and would like to see it passed.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

and i have to agree with nexusvalhees on the issue. a possible guard on every single stunty player is just too much. you got a str 5 mino, 2 str 3 centigors, and 4 more players with str 2 and horns. this power house with 3-4 str 2 guards is a smashing experience to everyone. and never even counted the possible physical skills, like claw, rsc or just a good old tentacle on the mino.

sorry but it is just too strong for me.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't think S access is all it's cracked up to be, but if testing shows that it is too powerful, would switching the Brays to A access be enough to change your mind?
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the roster in the first post still active? Because that seems like a very, very strong team.
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can keep the brays with S access, but give let the centigors get bonehead instead of really stupid, and drop general access. With not general access, the risk is dropped alot on this roster.

Another possibility is brays with S1 and horns for 30k. That would balance out a 'strong' top end.

I think the original roster might actually turn out to be reasonably balanced though. Remember, this roster will likely never have any diving tackle, since no player has A access. In stunty, that hurts alot. Brays dodge on 5+ while opponents will dodge on 3+. I think access to guard will be a fair trade for that.

They'll struggle against 2 and 3 BG teams, but they'll bash at the mid level.

I say give the roster with S access brays a shot.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree I've become wary of the G access on the centigors on this team - with all that Guard coming up, Block/Tackle/Multiblock/MB/RSC isn't too hard to get and use. This team may not need any G access - you should get plenty of three-dice blocks.

Decker's ideas are fine. ST1/Horns is a workable downgrade of the Bray if the team proves overpowered.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

No G access and ST 1 + horns seems like a good way to make this team more balanced. The absence of dive tacklers can be compensated with chosing tentacles on a double.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

0-1 Minotaur 110000 5 5 2 8 Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Horns, Thick Skull, Always Hungry, Big Guy, Throw Team-mate, Wild Animal S Ph
0-2 Centigor 100000 6 3 2 8 Horns, Bonehead, Sprint S Ph
0-16 Bray 30000 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Right Stuff, Stunty, Horns S A Ph

this would look a lot more acceptable.

Edited: I gave A to bray

Last edited by Kalamona on %b %12, %2007 - %11:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, that looks badly underpowered. This team has nothing on Skryre.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2007 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a stupid question. Isnt MB+PO much better than ss+DT in stunty for the little ones? I like the Hobbos better! Seems more balanced.
 Jump to: