44 coaches online • Server time: 18:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
assuming no skills involved

this is the stupidest assumption ever, you didn't even consider assist's
As assists will go both ways, and more often than not AGAINST the Screamer (if he's blitzing the ball carrier) they can't really be included in the equation. What I meant was that Block or Tackle skill on either player is unlikely and not figured into the statistics.

SillySod wrote:
agreed, trouble is that this is superb mobility when combined with Mv 9 (not to mention TTM). note that snotlings have to be only movement 4 to stop their skill from dominating.
Snotlings aren't 0-2 and can actually DO something with the ball if they get to it.

SillySod wrote:
not necessarily. a canny player will ensure tha the screamer is used only to harras the ball carrier, popping it loose, wherever it is on the pitch. it also has enough move to hit the ball carrier AND escape. Clever coaches will abuse this player.
And Clever coaches will make sure that if a Screamer comes for the ball carrier he'll have assists against to prevent the ball coming lose, and probably take out the screamer.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

Well, yes, that's what I'm getting at: if they don't have hands, what are they doing in a Blood Bowl team?

Riiiight... It's ok to have Death-Rollers, Squigs, Fanatics, Pump Wagons etc.. but flying Daemons are right out? This isn't the NFL, and if you read the fluff you'll see WHY.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Note: this only works if the wizard idea is shot down. Wizards are very powerful in stunty.

__Synn
No way in hell can you have a Tzeentch team WITHOUT a wizard.. what are you smoking!? Wink
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
pac wrote:
Well, yes, that's what I'm getting at: if they don't have hands, what are they doing in a Blood Bowl team?

Riiiight... It's ok to have Death-Rollers, Squigs, Fanatics, Pump Wagons etc.. but flying Daemons are right out? This isn't the NFL, and if you read the fluff you'll see WHY.

I'm quite aware that there are some things in Stunty with No Hands or Ball and Chain, but those are spread out across several different teams. If you had just one, maybe even two, positionals with No Hands on this Tzeentch team, it could be fine, but this many is just silly: the game is played with a ball. Even Trolls can carry the ball!

Look, the Warhammer World has horses right? So why not make a 'horse' team - it fits the fluff perfectly. Horses don't have hands, so let's give all the players No Hands - we'll give them a couple of Centaur positionals who can carry it.

A silly example, right? But, even so, it goes to show that not everything that exists in the Warhammer World has a right to appear on a Blood Bowl pitch - nor would it be wise to put them there.

(BTW, re: flying daemons, yes, things that fly have no place in BB! I've never come across any Griffons on a Human team …)

All this being said, I do like the idea of a Tzeentch-based list - but the one you've proposed, without radical change, just isn't it.

Edit: Why not focus on the Bray list (which some people actually like) rather than on this … rather bizarre one which is, shall we say, less popular?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
I'm quite aware that there are some things in Stunty with No Hands or Ball and Chain, but those are spread out across several different teams. If you had just one, maybe even two, positionals with No Hands on this Tzeentch team, it could be fine, but this many is just silly: the game is played with a ball. Even Trolls can carry the ball!
Nothing forces a coach to take all the No Hands players that are available. Furthermore I wouldn't even field them all if I had them, since Flamers and Spawn can get bounced and you need Horrors to score.

pac wrote:
Look, the Warhammer World has horses right? So why not make a 'horse' team - it fits the fluff perfectly. Horses don't have hands, so let's give all the players No Hands - we'll give them a couple of Centaur positionals who can carry it.
Silly example yes, and not the best example either because horses aren't intelligent and aren't under the direction of a super intelligent Chaos God.

pac wrote:
Edit: Why not focus on the Bray list (which some people actually like) rather than on this … rather bizarre one which is, shall we say, less popular?
Because certain people said that the Bray roster would never get selected because it was too conventional!
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Incidentally, why go for No Hands in the first place? This characteristic shouldn't be overused. Look at the Beast of Nurgle. It's a giant tentacled slug which certainly doesn't have hands, but it doesn't have No Hands. AG 1, Really Stupid and Big Guy do enough to ensure it's not going to be a dynamic ball-player, but it still gets to have the fun of holding the ball once in a blue moon.

(Also, you don't think horses are directed by a super intelligent Chaos god!? I think JockMcRowdy needs to tell you about the evil plans of the devilish Deagostini …)

Craftnburn wrote:
Because certain people said that the Bray roster would never get selected because it was too conventional!

I've scanned through that thread again: who said that and where? And if they didn't say it in the thread, come out of hiding!

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Incidentally, why go for No Hands in the first place?
Because Screamers, Discs and Flamers actually DON'T have hands e.g. Screamers

pac wrote:

I've scanned through that thread again: who said that and where? And if they didn't say it in the thread, come out of hiding!
Certain people, with knowledge of what certain other people are looking for in new stunty teams.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
pac wrote:

Yes. Neither do Beasts of Nurgle. Did you read my post?

Edit: Not to mention that all demons are (by definition) mutants. Why shouldn't these be mutant ones which do have the ability to manipulate the ball? Very Happy

Quote:
pac wrote:

Certain people, with knowledge of what certain other people are looking for in new stunty teams.

This isn't a secret police state. You're allowed to identify them. Cool

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but this needs dealing with simply and nastily...

Craftnburn wrote:

I did read what you said. However your Fluff argument is addressed already by the Team Fluff.

My problem was with that fluff, pointing to it again saying: "look, fluff, I told you I was right" really dosent solve MY issues with it.

Craftnburn wrote:

Not to mention that Daemons come in all shapes and sizes, not all are huge.

Wrong

Saying that not all daemons come in huge sizes dosent mean that not all horrors come in huge sizes. Anyway, as I said: Wrong

Craftnburn wrote:

As for 2, Players bringing Chainsaws, Deathrollers, and other absurd things aren't much better than a few no hand daemons.

I havent looked but I don't think many teams can match the count of 7 no hands players (or otherwise) when they field all their positionals. Personaly, I don't care. I'm just saying that Pac probably knows better than you. Listen to him.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Look, the Warhammer World has horses right? So why not make a 'horse' team

Don't be silly, horses aren't stunty.

Oh wait... this brings me to another point....

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Enar

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2007 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

...and why would these guys even be invited to the pitch in the 1:st place?

/me remembers a thread on space marines... Smile
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2007 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Enar wrote:
...and why would these guys even be invited to the pitch in the 1:st place?

/me remembers a thread on space marines... Smile

Do people actually invite Squigs? or Vampires? or Zombies? or anything else? Arguing for realism here is a bit out place don't you think? Smile
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2007 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:

Not to mention that Daemons come in all shapes and sizes, not all are huge.

Wrong

Saying that not all daemons come in huge sizes dosent mean that not all horrors come in huge sizes. Anyway, as I said: Wrong
Of course! I'm sure the vast hordes of chaos are very uniform with almost no variation. It's inconcievable that there may be smaller Horrors. Wink

SillySod wrote:
I havent looked but I don't think many teams can match the count of 7 no hands players (or otherwise) when they field all their positionals. Personaly, I don't care. I'm just saying that Pac probably knows better than you. Listen to him.
How many teams can field as many secret weapons as Cheaters? Does anyone think Cheaters shouldn't be allowed?

The point is that YES Tzeentch is a different team than most. A Horrors coach realizes that his positionals are there to assist his horrors, not to win the game themselves. Is that so different than Daredevils, Bombers, and Cannons on a gnome team? They're there to assist the regular Gnomes in winning the game.

It's ok if you (or Pac) don't like the concept, but this team was designed to be different than most teams. If you don't want different, play Goblins, and I won't say a word...
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2007 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
The point is that YES Tzeentch is a different team than most. A Horrors coach realizes that his positionals are there to assist his horrors, not to win the game themselves. Is that so different than Daredevils, Bombers, and Cannons on a gnome team?

It is different. All of those Gnome positionals can carry the ball. A coach may not choose to use them to do it, but that they can. A Blood Bowl player should be able to play Blood Bowl: I don't think that this is a radical idea.

You'll note that even existing No Hands (or equivalent) players are physiologically capable of playing: the Fanatic would be able to play if he wasn't drugged to the eyeballs and busy swinging a ball and chain around; Chainsaws can hold the ball until they set the saw running; the Snotlings on a pump wagon (or the crew of a Deathroller) would physically be able to play if they weren't busy with their contraption; and so on.

The only exception to this that I can think of is Squigs: and that's really not a precedent I think it's wise to follow. The Blood Bowl pitch is no place for horses - or daemonic flying discs.

Edit: However, I do now feel the urge to design Blood Polo … This is the best idea I've had in ages! Very Happy

Last edited by pac on %b %09, %2007 - %01:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2007 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Craftnburn wrote:
pac wrote:

Yes. Neither do Beasts of Nurgle. Did you read my post?

I think he read the first sentance and got a flash of the blindingly obvious. Obviously, not being able to see hindered him reading the rest of your post.

He dosent read mine either.

BTW: just because things can be all kinds of different forms it dosen't mean that some MUST be small.
This is the same as with beetles. Beetles come in a whole myriad of varieties, god seems to have a real fondness for them. However, the seemingly infinate varies do NOT mean that we have 6 foot tall beetles.
QED

As for the rest, well, cheaters only have 4 no hands players (can chainsaws hold the ball?). Also, supporting play does not mean: "will never, ever be needed to pick up the ball". Remember that.

Jump to: