25 coaches online • Server time: 12:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rennigeb

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be possible to create a testrun DivX halfling team where all halflings have AG4 instead of AG3. This might offset the lower strength and armour and make them more competitive.

(well halflings are supposed to be more agile than humans)
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

We only use LRB official (or in the case of DivX, officialy experimental) teams. The only exception to this is the stunty leeg, where some team variants and invented rosters are used.

The Finishing Touch
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The nimbleness of 'flings is reflected in their Stunty trait.
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

and having them all dodging around on 2's is a bit silly balance wise...
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed dodge and stunty makes them more agile

they aren't meant to be more agile that elves and making them ag4 would make the team stupidly unbalenced

flings are meant to be the weakest team, they weren't put in to be a properly balenced side, they are a coach challenge and a bit of fun and if you read all the fluff in the rulebooks halfling teams are bad there as well
Gimoboy

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL haflings with ag 4 well they might be agile but they are also FAT and lazy so agilty 3 is good
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2003 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember Jervis Johnson himself saying that he wanted Halflings to suck, so I doubt that they will change for the better.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

They should have Thick Skull in my opinion. This would reflect they're 'bouncy' nature and keep one or two more of them on the pitch. Also the +1 to injury from Stunty should be (and may be) removed.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Jugular wrote:
They should have Thick Skull in my opinion. This would reflect they're 'bouncy' nature and keep one or two more of them on the pitch. Also the +1 to injury from Stunty should be (and may be) removed.

They are not *supposed* to be tough. They are supposed to be the worst possible blood bowl players in the world, apart maybe from snotlings. They are not tough, they are not fast, they are not strong. It's more or less a joke that they play the game at all. Imagine a team of midgets playing in the NFL and you have the picture just about right. Halflings are not, and were never supposed to be a balanced team.

The Finishing Touch
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ye gods, if someone makes an argument about "balancing" again I'm gonna cry. Curse Blizzard and this infection they unleashed on the gaming community. Their obsessive revision and patching to enforce "balance" has corrupted a whole generation of gamers into thinking every game can and must be "balanced." Makes me ill...
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Psikobunny wrote:
Quote:
Ye gods, if someone makes an argument about "balancing" again I'm gonna cry. Curse Blizzard and this infection they unleashed on the gaming community. Their obsessive revision and patching to enforce "balance" has corrupted a whole generation of gamers into thinking every game can and must be "balanced." Makes me ill...

Amen. GW is more in the business of making their games skewed.
Korhil

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings and Goblin teams are/(were) DESIGNED to be crap.
That was the whole intention of them.

---Korhil
Shadow

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I agree with the original posting ... but also think they need a str increase ... and maybe some more armour ... to reflect the new steroids in the market place Laughing
whitey

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

And you could call them High Elves, as they are not half anything now.
Jugular

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2003 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm lets consider this then. If the game is supposed to be highly skewed then I wonder why more voices aren't heard backing up ideas about keeping Piling On in its broken state, or maybe bringing back those deamon teams, or why not add some dragons as a "Joke". People seem perfectly happy to keep Halflings as they are provided they never end up coaching them. I personally find it rather un amusing playing as my halfling team. I'd love to play them in a 'fluffy' way but if my team is massacrd before the second turn there aint much they can even do. I wouldn't mind if they just added some kind of variety to the team as they are the most vanilla boring pointless team out there, I really find it difficult to see the funny side of them. They don't have the fun and mayhem aspect of the Gobbo's which I think could be added to some extent.
Anyways rant over.....
 Jump to: