12 coaches online • Server time: 07:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sourwyrm

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Was the tzeentch daemon team idea for stunty leeg abandoned?
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

They are still in the playtesting phase. And probably will stay that way for a while unless I start getting some playtesting results submitted. Alot of people expressed reservations about them being too potent in their first incarnation. The More Mayhem Version is probably too weak but I need some playtest results to confirm this.

Horrors ExperiMENTAL Roster

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Good SF Books

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

So, we playtested them this afternoon, and let me tell you they are very weak. Boneheadedness and not having dodge makes them an almost unplayable team. 5str ball and chains aren't that great either, only getting 1 die on BG's, aren't the other ball & chains 6str?
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2003 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Potent? Don't kid me. After playtesting, this is what I saw.

1. As every model has either bonehead or really stupid, it slows the team down, as it loses on manoeverability, and burns rerolls.
2. The Big Guys are ball and chains. Sure, they have PRO, but its wayyy to unreliable to be useful. And in the stunty leeg, I would think that the big-guys become sort of a reliable blocking model, but not in the tzeentch list.
3. Starting with PRO does not make sense. Think about it.
4. The lack of block and dodge to start makes the team really easily squished by big guys who have 2-3 die blocks on them.
5. The agility being low is not as much of an issue if you have dodge, otherwise it is just painful.
6. The low agility also makes sure that this team can NEVER pass the ball. since the only ones who can effectively pick up the ball are 5 2 2 6 Bighands. They cannot throw worth a snot, since they will need a 5 on average. The guys with extra arms are thus wasted, and more stupidity rolls that are unnecessary thus.
7. The variety of choices in troops is a good thing, though a minor reduction in cost will help them a long way. In this game, I had 2 dead, 3 SI, and 3 BH almost by turn 3 of 2nd half, score 0-2.
8. Ball and Chain + Bonehead = Bad.
9. Ball and Chain + Bonehead + Big Guy = Torcher.
10. The starting skills of Big Hand and Claw are useful, PRO is not sensible, Extra Arms is useless. Tentacles could be better handled if the people having them were not Really Stupid, completely crippling mobility to a crawl.

Thats what I can remember. PM me any questions, Evo.

Z
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Bonehead: Bonehead represents their daemonic instability. This is the team's weakness and is what justifies them access to starting mutations. It makes this team fluffy, unique and balanced. I can guarantee that it will be staying.
2. Spawn: They were downpowered largely due to all the complaints about the team being TOO POTENT. And I think the solution will be to give them access to just one spawn: M3 ST6 AG1 AV9 Ball & Chain, Claw, Regeneration, Pro G, PH, ST. Still probably not a very potent BG but a falvourful one. The other B&C aren't BGs so the spawn shouldn't be as well.
3. Pro: Pro DOES belong. If you read the fluff about the team, you'd know pro represents Tzeentch's guiding hand. The fact that it also helps them dodge and deal with Bonehead is purely coincindental.
4. Lack of Dodge: Unlike other stunty teams, the first skill on the wee folk will be VERY useful. When they get dodge they become much scarier. Consider them the Chaos of Stunty; they start weak but have a large upside (Another reason for all that bonehead).
5. Low Agility: Most of the team is AG3. AG2 is a balance issue for some of their positional horrors. I'm tempted to make the Big Handed Horrors AG3 but I'd probably have to drop them to M4. The Clawed Horrors are AG2 largely to keep the option open to give them access to ST skills. By dropping the spawn to 0-1, it probably wouldn't be too unbalancing to give the Clawed Horrors access to ST.

Thanks for the playtesting. Here are my proposed changes:
0-1 Chaos Spawn M3 ST6 AG1 AV9 Ball & Chain, Claw, Regeneration, Pro G, PH, ST 90K
0-2 Cyan Horror M4 ST2 AG3 AV6 Bone Head, Stunty, Big Hand AG, PH 50K
0-2 Azure Horror M6 ST2 AG2 AV7 Bone Head, Stunty, Claws AG, ST, PH 50K

What are your thoughts?

As Always,
Evolve To Stuntydom
Ideas

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2003 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

i love seeing creative ideas... and not the really stupid ones that are just there to be the next more powerful thing...

this one is interesting... evo... ya need a thread for stuntydom teams...

i just hope one day we may get that league to test my ideas out on... well i guess i'll have to do it with the tabletop league i'm gonna start up... (which of course will take me time...)
 Jump to: