50 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2007 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

OCCS Reeborc Stomp! Inaugural Rookie Scramble 11/07 Kicks Off!

As of 8am (my time) November 1st, 2007, the newest OCCS tournament has begun. Get some games played. We have an awesome field of 40 teams competing in this tournament so there should be plenty of teams to face off against.

Check out the RS! page for any updates or rules questions, or feel free to PM me anytime.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4888

The Stomp will play till the end of the month, so NO games can be played outside the tournament with these teams until after the tourney is closed.
Every game counts for points, win or lose, so play as many as you can!

The next Reeborc Stomp! will run in January of 2008. It will also be a Rookie Scramble TR100. 5 more RS! will run through out 2008 on a varying schedule (see RS! page for complete details!)

Thanks and good luck coaches!

jasoN! and the OCCS

if you havent yet joined the RS! Points Page, please do so now...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4915

hardin0

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2007 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this the match report thread, too?
bampf

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an 0fficial OCCS Match Report thread (http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11548), but feel free to put Stomp! match reports here.

Have at it, coaches!

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2007 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What a great kickoff to the tourney, already have 20 games played, and there are 2 more in progress RIGHT NOW! remember coaches, you can earn RS! Points by writing match reports (sorry, these points do not add to your OCCS totals though!)

For posting match reports, i would reccomend this: write them up on the game overview page, then copy it and past it both here and on the OFFICIAL OCCS MATCH REPORT THREAD at this address:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11548

keep playing some games, i hope to get some played later this evening!

Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2007 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so my first OCCS Reeborc Stomp game and my first Fumbbl game with High Elves. Started well kicked and got a blitz great! Rushed after the ball failed a gfi rerolled it ok. Moved another player failed gfi again. Oh well I thought thats got the ones out of the way. Not a bit of it turn 2 the same. McMagnus mean while plays a good tactical game and scores. Ok I will go for the quick score nope fail miserably. 2-0 at half time. I do get it together in the 2nd half to score but can't stop the skaven and yet again get over eager to score a 2nd. Mahap i'll get better luck next time, but I think I have a lot to learn before I coach this team well.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1907494
If you like elves don't look 1st half is X rated.

Another random thought, if I play all the teams in this competition I will have played more games with this team than any other. Not only that I will have played more games with High Elves than any other race. Perhaps that will make me a good coach with High Elves! Shocked

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2007 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The Reeborc Stomp! is at 62 games played in its second day. Great job coaches, keep it up!

There are still a lot of teams that have yet to play a game, lets see if we cant get EVERY TEAM at least ONE GAME by the end of the weekend!

Reeborc STOMPstompSTOMP!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2007 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Less than 3 days into the tourney and already 120 games played (with 2 going on RIGHT NOW!)

wow. awesome. way to go coaches! im impressed!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2007 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

not even 4 full days in and were at 176 games. amazing coaches, im so excited about this!
nobody can say that the OCCS isnt working hard to reach that million games mark!
keep up the good work!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2007 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

still movin right along.

Day 6 of the Reeborc Stomp! and we have played 204 games (with one going on RIGHT NOW!)

awesome awesome awesome!

Current Leaders

1st place: Azure with his Lizardmen the Stomp Raptors have 8 wins
2nd Place: Prophane (me) and my Skaven the Quahog Quickies with 7 wins

Most Games: Random 82 with is Orcish Iron Rock Causals with 15 games played

Also of note, congrats to Celas and his Necro squad Its On Like Donkey Kong
who, after 6 games, still have a 100% win rating. 6/0/0!! thats awesome!

Pretty excited about this, fun stuff.

The next Reeborc Stomp! will happen in January 2008 to help kick off the new OCCS Season 08!!!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2007 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

As we move into week 2, it is fair to say that the first week of the OCCS Reeborc Stomp! has been a success.

We currently have 226 games played (with one goin on right now!) 3 more weeks to go!

Our Wins leader is still Azure, with 8 wins.
followed closely behind by 3 teams with 7 wins (Celas, Lucky_Eddy, and Prophane (me)

the most games played is a tie between lizvis and random82, both with 16 played.

and Celas STLL has a perfect record of 7/0/0, good job!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2007 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Another weekend is over and the Stomp! is sitting at 264 games played.

Prophane and the Quahog Quickies are currently in the lead with 10 wins followed closely behind by Azure and the Stomp Raptors with 9.

Random82 and Lizvis are both tied for most games played with 17 each.

The number of games played is starting to slow a bit as the teams spread out in TR development, but there are a couple of weeks left and plenty of time for those slower teams to play some good BB and catch up. So come on, all you coaches with 4, 5 and 6 games, come out to the #OCCS, find an opponent and get Stomppin!

And remember coaches, you can earn Stomp! points for writing match reports and posting them to the game page and to the forum (either here or on the OCCS Match Report Forum)

Happy Stompin!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the first ever Reeborc Stomp! is entering the final stretch, and I can say with all confidence, it was a success.

We started with 40 strong coaches and in only 21 days, completed almost 350 games.

There is still 10 days left in the month, and I know that I will still keep lookin for games (even those of you left are apparently scared to get your TR up to face me!)

Currently the Leaderboard looks like this:
1st Place: Azure and the Stomp Raptors (12/0/3)
tied with: Prophane and the Quahog Quickies (12/2/4)
2nd Place: Lucky_Eddy and HillBilly Heaven (9/3/3)
3rd Place: MrNomad and Dragons of Fantasy (8/2/4)

Most Games Played: Random82 and the Iron Rock Casuals with 22 games played.

Highest Win Percentage: Celas and It's On Like Donkey Kong 100% (7/0/0)

Way to go coaches, thats some pretty cool stats, but its not over yet, there is still plenty of time to get some games in, so come on and STOMP!

Some news for the future of the Stomp! Ive been chatting with some coaches and recieved some good PMs with ideas and such and this is what Ive come up with as far as some tweaks in the format.

The spirit of the Stomp! will remain OPEN round robin play, but after the first 20 days of play, the top 6 teams will be subbed out of the OPEN PLAY and put into a 6 team KO tourney to fight it out for the top spot (top 2 teams will recieve a bye in round 1) The remaining coaches can remain in open play to continue to accumulate game points and beef up their teams or may leave the tournament to pursue other goals. The scoring will still remain the same, each team recieves 1 point for EVERY game they play, win, lose or tie. The first place team will recieve a bonus of 40 points, the 2nd place team will recieve 25 points, and the 2 runners up will recieve 10 points each. The team with the most games played will also recieve a bonus of 10 points. Tie breakers will remain as stated on the Stomp! page.

These new changes will take place in the January 2008 Reeborc Stomp! Rookie Scramble.

The Reeborc Stomp! Schedule for the 2008 OCCS Season is as follows:
* Jan 2008: RS! Rookie Scramble (100TR) ~ played in Skavenblight Statium *
* Feb 2008: RS! II (125TR) ~ played at Griswell Memorial Stadium *
* May 2008: RS! III (150TR) ~ played at Three Towers Stadium *
* Aug 2008: RS! IV (175TR) ~ played in Pain Park *
* Oct 2008: RS! V (200TR) ~ played under The Doom Dome*
* Nov 2008: RS! Invitational (200+TR-Unlimited) ~ played at Goadmalice Park*

The Stomp!s will remain a stepping stone for building teams up for play in the OCCS Majors, which happen in the months immediately following Stomp! II thru the RS! Invitational in November.

Hope you have all enjoyed the Stomp! and looking forward to seeing you all again in January 2008!

Tell your friends and other coaches you know, lets see if we can make the January 08 Stomp! even bigger than this one!

thanks!
jasoN! and the OCCS

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2007 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Reeborc Stomp! Challenge!!!

I want to challenge all of the Stomp! coaches to play 2-3 more games before the month is over.

If we can all do this, then we have a chance of hitting the 400 game mark!

Get on the #OCCS to find coaches, send out some PMs to the coaches you havent played (there are a LOT of them, i know!)

Im available to play any of you, if youre not scared, that is!

lets do this coaches, 400 games here we come!!

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2007 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Were really getting down to the wire here with the Stomp! and im putting a challenge to all the rest of you Stomp! coaches that I havent played yet! if youre name is NOT on the list below, i need to play you still. we have just a few more days, till midnight my time (USA Central, or -6GMT) Consider this a challenge. Ill give you several handicaps and some good cash for the game!

Coaches who were brave enough to face my Stomp! team!
MrNomad
Toonie
TheSpoonyBard
CanvasBack
Celas
Geoff
Calcium
Random82
Azure
lizvis
Fulgrim
PistolPete
Lucky_Eddy
SteelThunder
McMagnus
Ebenezer
Cyrus-havoc
capt_m
bampf
BlueDragoon

prophane

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2007 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

We are in the final hours of the first ever Reeborc Stomp! and things are good!

Azure and the Stomp Raptors are still in first with 15 wins, followed in 2nd by Prophane (me) and the Quahog Quickies with 13 wins.

I will be closing the tournament off at midnight tonight, my time, USA Central Time (-6GMT) which is in approx 9 hours from now.

Theres still some time to get some good stomppin in!

Jump to: