45 coaches online • Server time: 15:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ST 2/Guard is good, but you could probably handle it. It's the SF that nails it, since they can keep the Guard in place when you just get a pushback. Really Stupid would work out well, though, since they will lose TZ a fair amount of the time.

Unskillable players is a bad idea, though, and may not even be supported (unless you have a weird implementation with 0-cost Stars).

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Really Stupid would work out well, though, since they will lose TZ a fair amount of the time.

I completely disagree. The whole point of the Zombis is to create tacklezones, not to hit stuff. RS or bonehead would stop them doing that. Wild animal would just be odd.

Edit: also i think that agility access would be more powerful for them that strength access. If you are built soley to tie people up then skills like dodge, sidestep and diving tackle are probably much better than guard.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %06, %2007 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I completely disagree. The whole point of the Zombis is to create tacklezones, not to hit stuff. RS or bonehead would stop them doing that. Wild animal would just be odd.

I completely disagree with your complete disagreement. Wink

Sigh.. Making stunty "zombies" or "skeletons" is Extremely difficult with the right balance of stats, skills and fluff. That is why I stayed away from the stunty undead idea for so long...
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But that's the smart part - since they have Really Stupid, you'd be loathe to activate them for risk of losing the TZ. That way, they'll block less than they would without RS. With Guard/SF, they must have a downside.

Last edited by johan on %b %06, %2007 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
But that's the smart part - since they have Really Stupid, you'd be loath to activate them for risk of lozing the TZ. That way, they'll block less than they would without RS. With Guard/SF, they must have a downside.

Right, they'll only move when they have help, or you're desperate.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

But that seems really strange. REALLY strange. I can see two things:

1 - People will be forced to babysit the zombis with the positionals, which is a boring use of the positional and leads to the overpowered SF, guard combination being used. Not fun for either player.

2 - Why not simply remove the SF? If you need RS to counter the effects of SF then it is simpler to remove SF.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, lose the bloody rat if you have S on the Zombies - with all that Guard, it will be an unholy terror on the field.

A single bat is pretty cool, though.

And the Abominations are a little skill-laden for starting players - maybe lose the MB?

Change the Wererat RSC to regular Claws - that's not quite as sick.

Edit: Wouldn't Pass Block and/or Shadowing on the Bats be quite nice, for that "In your face!" effect of distracting players?

Anyway, we need a revised list in order to give proper input.

Last edited by johan on %b %06, %2007 - %23:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2007 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea of the Necromancers having to herd their Zombies around in small hordes. Tough choices is what gaming is all about.

But also, while Wild Animal on the Zombies is very bad as fluff goes, the actual results could be quite nice - they wouldn't lose their TZs, but they would be very ineffective at getting moved about. And roar in rage.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Also, lose the bloody rat if you have S on the Zombies - with all that Guard, it will be an unholy terror on the field.

Change the Wererat RSC to regular Claws - that's not quite as sick.

By the time you're at a TR where your Zombis have Guard, your rat will be mincemeat if you don't use him sparingly.

Claws would be WAY more sick than RSC.

johan wrote:
I like the idea of the Necromancers having to herd their Zombies around in small hordes. Tough choices is what gaming is all about.

Yeah, I that's the point of RS, the Necros (or their minions) have to herd the zombies.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm sorry did i miss the most important factor in building a team?...the fluff?

(and no, one line of "oh this is why" is not fluff)

--j

ImageImage
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

you had str2 guard basic players why would somebody play with slaves?.....
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalamona wrote:
you had str2 guard basic players why would somebody play with slaves?.....

Maybe because Slaves START with Guard (AND DODGE), instead of waiting for MVPs and random Cas to land them 6 spp.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Regular zombies have MA4 right? These should have less as they have shorter legs. But I don't like the AV8 either.

And they have only (S) access, so no dodge or block without doubles. They can't get Mighty Blow. So at worst, they will be:

0-12 Zombi 3 2 2 7 Bone Head, Regenerate, Stand Firm, Stunty (S) 40K with the longshot of gaining Guard at some point. Who's REALLY worried about a team FULL of them? Come on! It will NEVER happen. And if it does we can tweak it. But it will NEVER happen! Ever! Really... never.

So what about the other positionals?

The Bat Swarm is cool. Very fluffy.

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

AV 7 is fine on Zombies, but you could give them Thick Skull to compensate a little in that case.

I'm thinking we're (finally) starting to get somewhere with this list!

For the positionals ... kick the Giant Rat, remove MB on the Abominations and drop their AG to 1 (really - they make pretty decent Ball carriers with ST4/Ag2+Extra Arm, and even moreso with a later Break Tackle). Probably make them Big Guys as well.

Go crazy with the Bats and give them Shadowing and Pass Block - it's not like they'll live long.

Remove Infect but add Zombi recruitment similar to Undead's.

Necromancers should be 0-2 -- no list ever has a minimum requirement of players, and it would probably cause odd bugs to code the list this way.

Possibly allow some kind of Stunty Skeletons, like:

Skelling 4 2 2 6 Dodge, Regenerate, Stunty (A) 40K

Also, make sure to tag the relevant players with Undead for Stakey goodness.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:

Remove Infect but add Zombi recruitment similar to Undead's.

This is surely a bad idea since it would create a regular zombie that the player could use. I dont think the raise dead spell works on stunties or big guys either. Let me know if you RIP that cannon.

Giving infect to every player on the team probably works best.

Jump to: