26 coaches online • Server time: 02:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MadTias

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2009 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Uhm.. are only coaches with more than 1 final-8 appearance listed? Because 2 is the lowest number there, even though 6 coaches reached the final 8 for the first time.

Yes. There are currently 88 coaches with a single top-8 appearance and I'm not listing them all here. You have to get a second top-8 for the glory of being listed! Cool
MadTias

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2009 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Madtias - an idea for your stats: Nationalities of major victors. Would be interesting to see where we are all from, and which country is the best (at power gaming)!

Oh, all right then.

FUMBBL majors’ champions (nations)
Germany 6
UK 4
Finland 2
Sweden 2
Australia 1
Austria 1
Belgium 1
Denmark 1
France 1
Italy 1
Portugal 1
Spain 1

Also added to the front page post. Enjoy!

Ze Germans definitely lead the power-gaming pack. Finland and Sweden have won their two trophies from one true power-gamer each (Alibaba and Petter), and we all know who makes up most of the UK's tally. Wink The American crowd must be very disappointed. Razz
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2009 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Germany 6, England 4?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

/me gets cherrypicking...

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2009 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

No one from the U.S? Thats weird , they have a lot of coaches.

And only 2 from Sweden and Petter having them both from back in the day. Thats quite an under representation as well (due to the amount of coaches).

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="RC"]No one from the U.S? Thats weird , they have a lot of coaches./quote]

True, but they all suck. What have they got? Synn? Shadow? Pffft. I'm surprised they haven't invented their own game, calling it American Bloodbowl, claiming that it is the only true bloodbowl and not letting anyone else play it.

Or, taking bloodbowl, changing some of the rules to make it rubbish and starting a "World Bloodbowl Series" that only Americans are allowed to play....

RazzRazzRazzRazzRazz

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Lord... Let's not start on sport!

Maybe the Yanks just don't have the sort of coaches that build the sort of teams Majors commonly see doing well? Or haven't been lucky enough yet? It's not like there have been hundreds, statistically the sample must be small.

Yes, that’s a good diffusing 'fact'... Wink

Edit: And why is it, the only time I can remember I've ever looked at a Major thread out of a passing the time, Pete's trying to wind people up? Razz
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
RC wrote:
No one from the U.S? Thats weird , they have a lot of coaches.

True, but they all suck. What have they got? Synn? Shadow? Pffft. I'm surprised they haven't invented their own game, calling it American Bloodbowl, claiming that it is the only true bloodbowl and not letting anyone else play it.

Or, taking bloodbowl, changing some of the rules to make it rubbish and starting a "World Bloodbowl Series" that only Americans are allowed to play....

RazzRazzRazzRazzRazz

They did already Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm...

maybe because all of the major tournaments are in europe?

if every major tournament was in NA, i'd say the stats would be representative of such....

how much does it cost for the average person to travel from germany to the UK for a tourney?....and how much does it cost for an american to travel to the UK for a tourney?

--j

ImageImage
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
hmmm...

maybe because all of the major tournaments are in europe?

if every major tournament was in NA, i'd say the stats would be representative of such....

how much does it cost for the average person to travel from germany to the UK for a tourney?....and how much does it cost for an american to travel to the UK for a tourney?

--j

EPIC FALE! Read the thread, noob. The thread is about FUMBBL majors. You know, GC, UI, WO, GLT, LC..... /me cackles

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

pfft.....your thread fales at relevance

nub

--j

ImageImage
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

*Puts aside anti-Major feeling in order to get a dig in*

No coincidence than an American shows such epic faleness in a Majors thread, is it? Wink
Klesh

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe he was just talking about the sheer publicity and awareness it would raise in ones country so that more people would play fumbbl in the long run

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

also take into account the numbers on entry...

did you do the breakdown on how many coaches of each nationality enter?...

if only 1 american coach enters, but 100 german coaches enter, doesn't it stand to say that the germans have a much better chance of winning the cup? :-p

--j

ImageImage
PeteW

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
also take into account the numbers on entry...

did you do the breakdown on how many coaches of each nationality enter?...

if only 1 american coach enters, but 100 german coaches enter, doesn't it stand to say that the germans have a much better chance of winning the cup? :-p

--j

Keep digging shadow....

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2009 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

No no, I think he has a point Pete. With so few americans on the site its not really a suprise that they dont have any real talent.

Maybe it would be different if the NWL got more involved in the majors scene.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: