21 coaches online • Server time: 03:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IV
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2008 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep it simple, drop the Ratcentaurs and keep them as a star..... altough I'm still tempted to see the master moulder coaches themselves take to the pitch every now and again as freebooters.

Foul appearence is cool but be careful that you arent just stacking up the skills. Even giving them gaurd is quite a boost.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww forgot Always hungry!
I'll edit above
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

First playtest hints that the rats are ok with tail as the st1 makes them usually easy to push away.
I think max 2 packhandlers as they are very useful now with guard.
Also I think the centaurs should lose the A access? (provided we keep them)
I'd like to keep 'em especially as I doubt allowing more packmasters will be a good idea.

Cyco wrote:
Still think the Pack Masters should have Foul Apperance, for a lot of reasons...

Im a bit hesitant to stack skills on them as they are already good enough (and likely expensive) and I dont think most packmasters modify themselves in the fluff (Throt being the main exception), so should be pretty normal skaven.

FA will be good to get on doubles though! Wink
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2008 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

More playtests where the moulders usually lose.
Im concidering lowering rat prizes as st1 RS no hands is a big drawback. 40k?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2008 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
More playtests where the moulders usually lose.
Im concidering lowering rat prizes as st1 RS no hands is a big drawback. 40k?

Drop the rat centaurs (simplicity remember) and the RSC/Tail and up the St to 2 on rats Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2008 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Most teams have 4 different players so I dont think its that complex, do you?
Most teams have some G access and the centaurs give us that opportunity without giving it to the packmasters (who are busy caring for all the rats!).

Yeah st2 would be better, but then we'd lose some of the packhunting capacity Wink
I think losing tails is the better choice if we are to lose a skill?
We want people to block with them right?! Wink
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2008 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh forgot to count the throtlings, so I guess with centaurs it would be 5 player types, so you're correct thats likely too much.
I'll try to put up some trial teams somewhere aswell as iconlist so people can playtest them in stand alone games.

I used Blood Bowl HTML Team Editor:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/2757/teamedit.htm
Apparently its important that the Race name is the same as in the positions/icon file below (Doh! Wink ).
Since Im not very good with computers Im not sure how/where to upload the roster?! Embarassed
Any ideas?

I added the following to the positions.ini:

[CLAN MOULDER]

Rat Ogre=Ro
Packmaster=Pm
Giant Rat=Gr
Rat Centaur=Rc
Throtling=T

I added the following as stand in minis in the icons.ini:
[CLAN MOULDER]

RAT OGRE=ratogre1.gif
PACKMASTER=sklineman1.gif
PACKMASTER=sklineman2.gif
THROTLING=ssslave1.gif
THROTLING=ssslave2.gif

Im currently trying out the following roster:
0-2 Rat Ogres 6 5 2 8 Big Guy, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Prehensile Tail - S, Ph 140k
0-6 Giant Rats 6 2 4 6 Dodge, Stunty, No Hands, Really Stupid, Prehensile Tail, Right Stuff, Razor Sharp Claws - A, Ph 50k (?)
0-2 Packmasters 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Guard, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry - A, Ph 80 (?)
0-12 Throtlings 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate - A, Ph 30k

Star Ratcentaur 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Dauntless - 60k (?)
RRs at 70k
Apo Yes
Wiz no

I would like to be able to put up different versions of the draft teams of different TR for people to try vs real stunty teams in stand alone games.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2008 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If you increase the strength and agility of the Giant Rats I think you probably need to drop the tail and the RSC.

SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2008 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes I think the tail needs to go, probably I'll end up lowering their ag to 3 aswell, but Im trying this a bit as requested earlier in the thread.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Moved on to:
Quote:
0-2 Rat Ogres 6 5 2 8 Big Guy, Frenzy, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, Prehensile Tail - S, Ph 140k
0-6 Giant Rats 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, No Hands, Really Stupid, Right Stuff, Razor Sharp Claws - A, Ph 40-50k (?)
0-2 Packmasters 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Guard, Throw Team Mate, Always Hungry - A, Ph 80 (?)
0-8 Throtlings 5 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate - A, Ph 30k

Star Ratcentaur 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, RSC, Dauntless - 60k (?)
RRs at 70k
Apo Yes
Wiz no

I reduced the max amount of throtlings a bit to make the rats less optional and reduced rat ag to 3, and removed the tail.
With these changes perhaps their price should be lowered to 40k?
kwèk

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
Modified rooster after feedback:

0-2 Rats ogres+TTM 130-140k?
0-6 Giant Rats 6236 dodge, stunty, prehensive tail, No hands, Really stupid. A, Ph 30k?
0-2 Pack masters 6237 dodge. A, P, Ph 50-60k?
0-12 Throtlings 6236 dodge, stunty, right stuff. A, Ph 40-50k?

RR's at 70k
Apo yes
Wiz no.

Great stuff actually. I don't mind all the Stupid players (dont forget 2 wild animals).
just some remarks:
Packmaster should get stunty and a prehensile tail as well. He has st2 (stunty) and a tail that would work as a whip too treaten the rats and the ogres. Giving him a tail would also help for if you start failing too manny stupid rolls.

In R we got another "stupid" team (the ogres) and making them a bit competetive results in giving them ST 5 and MB. I'm afraid that these rats wont have much of an edge.
I would at least suggest giving them ma 7 (they are rats and at the moment they are not much quicker then a gobo).

Good luck Smile

Last edited by kwèk on %b %15, %2008 - %11:%Feb; edited 3 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

With St2 and RSC those rats will totally eat snotlings so you want to be careful of souping them up too much. Likewise you want to be careful of too many tails. Stunty for the packmasters is debateable (remember catchers and gutters only have St2) so it really is a fine tuning thing. 40-50k sounds right for the giant rats.

I really want to playtest the roster but it'll have to wait until at least midweek next week. I'll get in contact with you when I know more about what I'm doing.

kwèk

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit : just saw that you were thinking of making your packmaster a thrower... Wich I beleve is dumb cause hes not a cannon and he only has st2

Having 6 rats, 2big furry monsters gives you 8 non ball cariers models (yeah yeah, rat ogres can score bla bla bla).
Maybe giving them 2 mutants like "gutter runners" would be more fun.

0-2 Rats ogres 130k (no TTM)
0-6 Giant Rats 6237 dodge, stunty, prehensive tail, No hands, Really stupid. A, Ph 40k (+AV)
0-2 Pack masters 7237 dodge, stunty, prehensive tail A, P, Ph 60k
0-2 LabRats 9135 Dodge, Two heads, Extra Arms, Foul Appearance, Spikes, Sure Hands, Stunty A, Ph 60k
0-12 Throtlings 7236 dodge, stunty, right stuff. A, Ph 30k

LabRats are almost the same as gutter runners, but they dont have ag 4 (so no throwing or pick up capacity). But they get +1 on catch and dodge rolls because of the extra arms and heads.
I gave them spikes so they cant get them when they upgrade. So they are stuck at AV6. This makes them extremely squishy.
They loose ST because gutters only have 2, and the mutations made them weak but fast.
They are heavily mutated giving them the Foul Appearance skill.
And it fits right in the fluff, Moulder are wicked scientists that do all kind of experiments.
You can only get 2 cause labrats are bizare creatures, and not many experiments turn out well.

I was thinking abouth big hand first instead of "sure hands". But I beleve they do need an edge picking up the ball, and with all there mutated arms they aren't that bad. But Big hand would be waaaaaaay too good.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

5 different players is more then most teams though, as discussed above.
I removed the ratcentaur for that reason, but he was basicly my suggestion for ballcarrying rat thingy Wink
MA 9 would be the quickest thing in stunty, something Eshin should have IMO.
Since everyone has Ph access you will eventually find good ballcarrying experiments, not sure we need em from the start!

I scrapped the thrower idea too, as the packmasters should be busy caring for the rats! Very Happy
Guard without G access seems to work fine for that purpose.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kwek, remember to keep the Throtlings really bad Smile

Jump to: