38 coaches online • Server time: 15:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think that functionality should be added allowing Tournament Organisers to offer prizes to those who win their Tournanments?
I certainly do! Please please please!
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
So long as the Tournament Organiser had each player pay some sort of relative 'Entrance Fee' to balance the bonus for winning...
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Who cares, not like I'll ever win anything anyway. I never win anything... :(
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 23

Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this has been talked about before and that some people think it open for abuse, but I think this would add an excellent element to the Tournament Division comps.

Given that Tournament teams cannot transfer to any other division and given that any cheating involved is actually much harder than the obvious 'fake games' cheat, I can't really see why we shouldn't do this in principle...

What's everyone else think?
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed !!

I think the tourney director should send the prize proposal to Christer/Klipp/ whoever for approval.

That may help them alieve their fears of abuse.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If an Admin would like to add a "No" option above, I forgot it (not that it'll get many votes anyway...) Wink
Otherwise, feel free to use "Who cares" in place of "No".

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

From something that i posted a few weeks back:

Some things i would like to see:
Allowing semi final and grandfinal income modifiers for relevant games
Allow changes to the penalties for concessions
Enable coaches to choose from a variety of prizes for the teams that win the various competitions, some examples would be stat increases, mvps and obviously money. (this would allow running leagues like SWL to benefit teams that win the tourney in the next season.

I think its a really good idea, and clearly involves more work for the fumbbl people, seeing as this site rocks, i would encourage people who vote YES to send some money over and thank the lads who run this whole thing!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2003 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. In fact, don't vote yes unless you're willing to cough up some dosh for the hard working legends who've created this fantastic site for all of us to enjoy...
At least cough up a little. I haven't seen that progress bar move much lately on the $500 upgrade...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
 Jump to: