48 coaches online • Server time: 15:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I laugh at YOU!

Good. Laughter. Much more like it! Very Happy
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
Ameranth wrote:
Pirog wrote:
Was it fun for your opponent too?

I don't think so. Matter of fact, he seemed rather pissed. Though it did cause the minimum compatibility score to be tweaked on the first day, so the alpha-testing was a success.

To be fair, they played two more games with 9 linos and a TS that made Flings laugh. Smile

Still, it can be worth considering for future reference that your little enjoyment wasted probably around an hour of somebody else's time, and you being whopped in the following matches didn't do him any good. But concern for others seems to be very low priority in internet game communities, so at least you don't have to feel alone in being selfish.

Its alpha testing, abuse is part of the point and all coaches were aware that they might get duff matchups. I believe that what Ameranth did actually got the scheduler changed too, so he did good Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Frankencow

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In terms of reducing your TS, having a few nigglers is great (unless they miss the game of course...)

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

no need to fire any players like synn said

- play ogres
- dont buy rr
simple as that, keeps your ts on the minimum for quiet a few matches:)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
This is (hopefully, in places) a humorous thread, boys and girls. Let's stay on target. Cool

I don't like this thread so much. I haven't yet tested B out, but this thread made me think:

"Hey, there's cherrypicking issues in B???"
Then: "Hey there's abuses issues in B" (Ameranth story)
Then "Hey, it's a DP muscle full division" (Synn's points).

IMO, none of this will help B out.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

which leads to:

Hey, B coaches are cool guys with balls of steel. Wanna be one of the cool kids. Join the box!

This will help B out.

Wink Very Happy
rostern

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

just get gobos with 3 stars and wiz

then retire
pac

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
IMO, none of this will help B out.

The division is doing just fine, as that amazing graph spike I pointed out in the other thread indicates. Wink

Even if people are posting serious possible abuses (rather than jokes in the line I imagined), it's far better that these things are discussed in the open (and, if necessary, fixed) than allowed to continue quietly.

Regarding Ameranth's case: [B] is in a testing stage. As SillySod pointed out, Ameranth did exactly what a good tester should do. Rather than saying, 'oh but someone could do this, which wouldn't be good', you actually do it, and hand the evidence to the designer (who, if they are also good, will appreciate it).

Some people may not be fully aware that [B] is still in a testing stage, since it is open to all. However, they should be aware, since it is clearly indicated in several places. Anyone not willing to deal with the annoyances, problems, abuses, changes and fixes which always come up during testing phases should not be in [B] at this time.
Ilzhahkha

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2008 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think alot of the "cherrypicking" in B will be to figure out a good TS-range for your team as there will surely be some kind of segmentation of what type of opponents you are most likely meeting around certain TS-values.
Ameranth

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
Still, it can be worth considering for future reference that your little enjoyment wasted probably around an hour of somebody else's time, and you being whopped in the following matches didn't do him any good.

Actually, those 9 unskilled Human linos retired with a 3/0 record, without ever hiring another star or giving up a TD. They finally took too many cas to keep going.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some teams manage to get a TR/TS ratio lower than 1. I saw somewhere a 170/190 skaven team. I'm not sure how the scheduler would deal with that , but it seems to me that this team will enjoy many handicaps in a TS balanced match-up.

Building a team like this is probably another way of cheating the system, completely opposed to the high TR/TS ratio of halflings and ogres.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 15:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

They would probably end up against a 200/200 team, and get two handicaps to offset the 10 TS difference.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I still laugh at Pac.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
They would probably end up against a 200/200 team, and get two handicaps to offset the 10 TS difference.

Aye. There isn't necessarily a benefit to having TS>TR.

Conversely, keeping cash in reserve and TR>TS doesn't have the penalty it does in R.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Create a khemri team
2. First skeleton skill becomes dirty player instead of block
3. Hoard cash for replacements
4. Laugh as the other guy got paired against a psycho team

you may lose a fair bit to IGMEOY, but who cares when your retiring teams left right and center Razz

Cherrystomping, always nice