67 coaches online • Server time: 15:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gran

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

When I woke up this early afternoon found myself in mid-travel with a train of thought* going something like: "Wouldn't it be both bastardly and picky to start some 0RR, 1FF dwarfs?"
But then it hit me! The real thing would be to just start a normal dwarf team, play as normal until the whole lot has Guard and THEN throw the RR overboard!

I need more sleep.

* (Isn't it weird when stuff like that happen?)

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
arv9673

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, it's just plain bastardly to play Dorfs. Period.
Very Happy
lawman

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2008 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a better strategy is to have low TS team that get's a lot of cash. That way, you can while gaining skills on your players, build up enough cash to buy 3-4 Rerolls at once. When you do get the re-rolls, your record won't be stellar but your team should skilled up and ready to face real bashers. Until then, you can face either "rookier" squads or semi-decent squads, but either way you are unlikely to face chaos, dwarf, khermi monsters that have claw/razor, a bunch of DP's etc. So yes although you will skill slower, those 5 SPP's for playing a game will help and your players will live longer.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2008 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
So, what are (or will be) the best ways to cherry pick in [B]? (While staying within the letter of the rules, pls.)

Activate your teams shortly after I enter blackbox chat: My first [B] game. \o/
Baal

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

hm, i like playing vs dwarfs - just make some necros and buy the count every game
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=514664

if u really like to pick - play orcs Razz

Last edited by Baal on %b %26, %2008 - %01:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, hiring the count doesn;t work well, as you end up playing a much higher TS team due to the TR imbalance. This strategy backfires badly for undead/necros.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2008 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
actually, hiring the count doesn;t work well, as you end up playing a much higher TS team due to the TR imbalance. This strategy backfires badly for undead/necros.

Aye. The Count is a rock star and he might win some matches, but it's very bruising on the rest of the team.