50 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dispite the LRB-ruling, a 2nd block is made with a frenzied player if he selects a pushback against a stand-firm player.
According to the LRB, only a 2nd takes place, if the targeted player is pushed back but not going prone.

EDIT:
Typically my luck. The buggy situation occures a 2nd time in the match, just after I wrote this post and my 2-skills-faction-BlackOrc was killed by the illegal 2nd block. Do I have to mention, that the apo failed of course??
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB says (p 34)

"Some skills refer to pushing a player back in order to work. These skills will work as long as you roll a push back on the Blocking dice."

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with LurkingGrue...

Stand firm doesn't protect you from a 2nd block from frenzy in the same way as it doesn't protect you from strip ball for instance. The result is push back even if your player doesn't move when pushed back.
MixX

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly... a common mistake though! That's what the paragraph on P 34 is for... of course a small note in the desription of these skills/the description of Stand Firm would be nice though...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I was told so in the chat.. but:
Frenzy (General Trait)
A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they
push them back. In addition, if a frenzied player pushes back an
opponent without knocking them over, then they must follow up
the opponent and then throw another block at them
, which is
worked out using the normal rules.

I would read it in a way, that if they don´t really push them back, they cannot follow up and thus cannot throw another block.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Frenzy (General Trait)
A player with Frenzy must always follow an opponent up if they
push them back. In addition, if a frenzied player pushes back an
opponent without knocking them over
, then they must follow up
the opponent and then throw another block at them, which is
worked out using the normal rules.

I think that if you try looking at the exact same passage with a different emphasis, you'd realize that it does not say that frenzy doesn't work if the push back is cancelled by another skill. That means that this section does not in any way say exactly what to do if a player with stand firm is blocked. It leaves it vague. Although it is easy to see your point based upon just this paragraph, it is not specifically stated.

Fortunately the passage quoted earlier does tell you exactly what to do in this specific situation.

LurkingGrue wrote:
LRB says (p 34)
"Some skills refer to pushing a player back in order to work. These skills will work as long as you roll a push back on the Blocking dice."
(my emphasis)

Where's the problem? An assumption based upon a vague ruling is clarified in another ruling. Problem solved, the client handles it properly. That doesn't mean it's an ideal way to lay out the rules but it is in there, however obscure.

To summarize, you misread it. It was confusing and easy to mistake to make but you misread it. Move on.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

OK.
I guess I was misguided by the fact, that you don´t get a 2nd try, when you roll a bothdown.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't this on the BBRC Hotlist last year? I believe it was officially addressed. I do not recall the answer, though.

Aspeorn Thorn
chunky04

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Does the pg 34 paragraph mean it shouldn't work if you roll a dodgy block on a player with dodge though?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2003 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

No, because if you look at what each of the block dice faces actual mean, that is a pushback and knockdown, unless opposing player has dodge, then just a pushback, so it still counts.

The Finishing Touch
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

it does say in the skill section of the rulebook it depends what is rolled on the block dice that matters and not actually if the player is pushed back or not

there are 4 rules posted before the first skill is even listed on page 34

Quote:

3. Some skills refer to pushing a player back in order
to work. These skills will work as long as you roll a
push back on the Blocking dice.

can't get clearer than that
 Jump to: