55 coaches online • Server time: 20:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I see some really good ideas stemming out of this discussion. And, I am still in favor of a Skaven-like stunty team.

But this time I will throw in my two cents. I think both the Dump Off idea and the Ball and Chain Rat Swarm are great ideas. I also agree with Jugular that a general lineman of some sort would be useful, particularly if the team is really going to operate with strength 1 nightrunners. And, on that point, why not two heads? Asperon noted the possibility that a team with a lot of tackle skills would really inhibit this team. So given the 1 strength they ought to be pretty good at moving around (say like Snotlings), though with two heads there probably should be less of them. This would require the addition of another position. Given the Skaven way, some sort of weapon comes to mind.

I will say that the image of a bunch of stunty skaven running amuck across the pitch dumping off the ball as they get splatted warms my tired old Grey Seer heart (or lack thereof).

Lets keep this moving and get a new team into Stunty.

I must take my leave from you now, as I must meet with the Council of Thirteen to discuss the repercussions of what the latest Review has done to our precious Rat Ogres.

Encouragingly,

The Grey Seer FerretBitten
Grothgar

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2003 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really want the Rat Swarms, if they are included, to only be effective when someone is on the floor prone, then why not give them the DeathRoller ability, that would almost ensure, in stunty, that if you fouled anyone they would be hurt in some form or another. And of course the Ref is not going to like humungous swarms of rats on the field so he has every right to ban them. And in regard to the rats "blowing up" as deathrollers happen to do, you could just say this was them dispersing off the field to go back to their sewers.
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Asperon?

Stunty Rats.

What can I do to help?

Lets do this thing.

asperon

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

GreySeerFerretBitten wrote:
Asperon?

Stunty Rats.

What can I do to help?

Lets do this thing.

Well, start playtesting.
The first roster to try is the 0-16 nightrunners + 0-2 RO.
Does it work? If not, why? To good? To weak? Try adding some "slaves" (6 2 3 6 stunty dodge) and see if it balances is down. Thats the first part. Then we have the question about the rats, but that will have to wait for now.
olivers

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2003 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Asperon, let me know if you want a test game

I'd like to see less nightrunners and some cheap slaves. Like skinks, they are expensive and almost elite for stunty. Some nice cheap cannon fodder would be nice.
 Jump to: