13 coaches online • Server time: 07:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should this Night goblin team be added to the stunty league for more fun and mayhem!
Yes!
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
No...
16%
 16%  [ 18 ]
I dont like stunty but i want to vote anyway!
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 110

SnakeSanders

Post 6 Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:

0-3 Squigs 6 4 4 7 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, No Hands (G) 80,000
0-16 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall (A) 40,000
0-2 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain (A) 50,000
0-2 Doom Diver Catapults 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungry, Blunderbuss (P) 50,000
0-2 Netter 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall, extra arms 60,000

This is the roster that a lot of people feel happy with for a proposed night goblin roster for stunty. I ask you to playtest the roster before you vote and i assure you you will have a lot of fun if played in the right spirit! If you dont like stunty then dont vote please... there is an option to vote if you dont like stunty so please vote truthfully! Smile
Clementus

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2003 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Although not backed yet, I am hoping that this vote will stay up for one maybe two weeks. Then I will try and get it in. Please vote fairly and honestly.

Flings Rule!
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Though I'm not a stunty coach, I have to say this is one of the most ingenious Stunty rosters I've yet seen, using all sorts of frankly bizarre skill combinations - it looks like tremendous fun! Those Squigs are going to chalk up horrible amounts of casualties, especially once they get Block...half the fun, I suppose!

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like a lot of fun. I used to play a WHFB army that was mostly Night Goblins so I may be partial.
But it really does look interesting and in true goblin spirit.

~R~

P.S.: How much are the re-rolls on that team?
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd price the rerolls at 70k with ofab on the team rerolls become incredibly usefull and according to games workshop the more usefull a reroll is to a team the more expensive it should be. Also, though it should have been pretty obviouse even though it wasn't listed on the roster, netters get agility skills.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

My only advice is changin Squigs to 0-2 I think there may be a few too many high strength players on the team.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the squigs need to be 0-3 because of all the penalty rolls the team will have to make. With only two squigs there is a very good chance that they will both be thrown out and then your team will be in a nasty spot. The team relies on it's "secret weapons" a lot without them you've just got a bunch of goblins and no big boys.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

3 st4 razor players with frenzy who get access to block and tackle, spice it up with couple fanatics and then come telling vampflings that had been playtested for balance were overpowered, muhahhahhaaaaaaa....
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2003 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest, I personally would have liked more people to playtest the roster before posting it but... hey from my personal testing it seems balanced enough and at the very least fun as all hell!
the other thread has most of the discussion in it, so probably a good thing to check that out too when you want to comment http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1457

the entire team is AV7, including the squigs. 3 is fun, and you'll find if you play with the roster not overpwered, they don't have access to dodge and so are quite easy to knock down and with AV7 they are quite likely to stay down. OFAB really hurts sometimes, and again without dodge it becomes more of a risk.

You'll find the squigs will do a lot of blocking and subsequently be stuck in quite a few tackle zones furthermore fanatics are more of a liabilty than a st6 big guy. In many of the games I played the fanatics chewed up the reroll at the beginning of the turn, then when OFAB hit I had to attempt to pogo a bunch of squigs out of tackle zones to make it to the gobbos. Hilarious stuff but risky as all hell.

I set re-rolls at 60k in the other thread. here is what i wrote there on this roster

Quote:

a starting line up COULD be
8 FF=80k
4 RR=240k
3 Squigs=240k
2 Fanatics=100k
2 Netters=120k
2 Doom Divers=100k
3 Goblins=120k

Powerful, but very very risky only 12 players, with AV7 across the board, no apoth and the majority of the players unable to effectively handle the ball.

9 FF=90k
4 RR=240k
apoth=50k
2 Squigs=160k
1 Fana=50k
2 Netter=120k
1 DD=50k
6 Gob=240

again srtill gives 12 players but a bit more security with the apoth also more goblins for ball handling and the like.

The squigs are a bit lower than the formula suggests (110k) for a number of reasons

1) AG4 is a lot less usefull when you can't pick up the ball
2) OFAB is a little more dangerous to your own players given the +1 to injury for stunty
3) The enemy is generally going to do a good job of getting your gobbos off the pitch subsequently OFAB is even more of a risk
4) AV7

I'm sure there are other reasons too... 80k puts them just above gnome orc slayers, which seems reasonable.

It's also kind of balanced as the Doom Diver is a bit pricey for what you get.

OK folks, let's playtest these puppies!

meanwhile, I don't thing vamplings are unbalanced, just... boring...

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, I playtested these with cata, lots of fun. netters were a bit suerfluous and should be 50k IMHO
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah...I keep forgeting to sign in on these university computers....that last post was me... could a mod delete that one and leave this one please?

Interesting roster, but from a flavour point, aren't Doom Divers a regular Goblin thing and not a Night Goblin thing? They were first invented by goblin traders to scout out the surrounding area I believe. Besides, considering Night Goblins live almost all of their lives in caves, launching themselves flying into the air will just result in serious headaches.....
Traitor

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, doom divers are a regular goblin thing. Doom divers and night goblins do not mix, fluff wise, since using catapults underground is more suicidal than even goblins would like. They dont even get to fly before they die!

Other than that, very fluffy list. Cant say if it's balanced, Im staying out of those things. But nice and fluffy.
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Playtested and balanced they say. COuld you please point out where the raports of these mentioned playtestings are so we might see what has been tested against what, how many times and what the results were.
vigil

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Take out the netters and I reckon we've got a winner.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2003 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

<sighs> This post wasnt intended so peopel can change the rosters, If you disagree with the EXACT roster above then please vote no, then if the no's win then it can be fiddled. Though i would like as many different position as possible in the game, so i kinda like the netters. The doomdiver catapult is used by goblins im sure, but it does not surprise me to see it in a night goblin "army" they need something to take down the big peoples. "excluding fanatics of course <coughs>"

But please, this vote is for this roster, not one with minor changes from this one.

Flings Rule!
 Jump to: