27 coaches online • Server time: 01:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

bicarbonateofsteve wrote:
but i am bored of people whining about Blackbox.

Seconded, but about a month ago.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I am bored of people who don't play [B] griefing about [B] discussions in the [B] forum.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

amen westerner

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For variety purposes why not create a rule that say you must submit 2 teams (or 3 teams) to the Black Box.
And at least 1 of the 2 (or 3) {or 2 of the 3} MUST be teams not considered to be bashers.
I think NWL's rules of what is a BASHER, BALLER or BETWEENER is appropriate to determine this.
This would allow a better diversity and would actually allow for some of the matchups you can't get in Ranked.
What do you think?
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
For variety purposes why not create a rule that say you must submit 2 teams (or 3 teams) to the Black Box.
And at least 1 of the 2 (or 3) {or 2 of the 3} MUST be teams not considered to be bashers.
I think NWL's rules of what is a BASHER, BALLER or BETWEENER is appropriate to determine this.
This would allow a better diversity and would actually allow for some of the matchups you can't get in Ranked.
What do you think?

No.

But you made up the reasons to fight
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
What do you think?

Yes
westerner

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

@Catalyst:
Yes, conditionally.

If you submit a balanced group of 3 teams as you describe, then you're able to leave some of your teams out (combining with the off-season idea from the other thread).

My idea is that bonus-type incentives for diversity would be preferable to a mandatory quota.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

i had a thought on how to balance things out....

split all of the teams into seperate categories....for example purposes, something similar to the categories that SWL/NWL uses....

any coach wishing to partake in the box has to have an even amount from each category...if you retire teams, you must build a new one for the retired divisions to remain compliant...if you are not compliant, you may not activate in the box...

ie: if you have 1 from category A, you have to have 1 from B & C also....if you have 2 in category A, you have to have two in B & C also...

also, the bonus for activating a specific team over another can still apply....

this will actually achieve two things....it'll encourage diversity, but still allow people to pick and choose what races they want to play within a limited range, while still allowing people to choose a preferred team in the activation system....also, it'll give the bot more team options when trying to compare for a matchup..

the only potential downside, is people not liking being forced to play races that they don't like...but in all fairness, i think there are very few coaches who couldn't find 3 different categorized races they don't enjoy playing...

--j

ImageImage
veron

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Think someone beat ya to it, shadow Wink
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as one of the categories isn't all elves, I'm ok with that. I still think it's dumb, but enough people have bees in their bonnet about it that something will end up getting done, probably to the detriment of [B]. We may as well do it in such a way that the division isn't totally screwed up, and this is the least retarded option I've seen.

-Mr Foulscumm
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Least retarded, yet retarded. So you play against fewer bashers. Big harry deal. If that is your agenda, play in ranked.

I say this despite the fact that I would be compliant under this circumstance.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

veron wrote:
Think someone beat ya to it, shadow Wink

I think so, too. By about 2 months... Razz
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Least retarded, yet retarded. So you play against fewer bashers. Big harry deal. If that is your agenda, play in ranked.

we bow before the wisdom of some 240 odd games...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:

I'd propose you get a scheduler that increase your proba of playing one single identical team by 100%

Maybe, after 20 games against dorfs you will start to understand something.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

If that's your [B] experience I'm sorry. But it's not my experience, nor is it any but an extremely vocal (and I suspect at least partially full of it) minority. And since I don't think I've ever seen you in [B], skate bacon old chap, why do you care?

-Mr Foulscumm
 Jump to: