41 coaches online • Server time: 13:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the single biggest factor that would encourage you to play more [B] Games?
1) A competitive goal beyond the single match
34%
 34%  [ 79 ]
2) More racial diversity
24%
 24%  [ 57 ]
3) Greater ease in getting a [B] game
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
4) Reducing TS exploits
9%
 9%  [ 21 ]
5) Integration of the blackbox concept with other divisions
7%
 7%  [ 18 ]
6) None - I'm happy playing in other divisions.
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 232

Ameranth

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

What would make me join [B]?

Pigs soaring gracefully through the skies of a frozen Hell. Very Happy

Looking at the poll, combining 1, 2, and 4 would be a start, but it'd take more than that to fix it.
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

a gun to my head Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
Bowlbot match me up with my the cheekiest match up yet, my 131/110 10 man VAMPIRES with a 215 TR Chaos Dwarf team with 5 DPs who were using ye ol 0 reroll BS tweak

In fairness over 100 of that teams TR is in cash so its far from the worst matchup ever to occur.... far from fair too though Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
BeeRTRuCK

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i only play black box now, i'd like to see some kind of blackbox tourney put into place where you could register your team and still play any opposition, with points awarded to the registered team based on race, td's and casulties.

Eg

Cas for a khem team worth 1 point v light races, 2 v dark.
Td for khem team worth 2 v light team, 1 v dark.
Win for khem team worth 2 v light team, 1 v dark.

The whole points system would require some serious thought to get the exact balance correct, (amazon v dorf cas would have to be worth abit etc) but i think that it could be a fun idea, to compete for say 10 game seasons and see who can get the most points.

I think this would encourage people to take wood elves etc if the points awarded were worthwhile and swing the racial balance back in the box.
Lithuran

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Snappy_Dresser wrote:
Bowlbot match me up with my the cheekiest match up yet, my 131/110 10 man VAMPIRES with a 215 TR Chaos Dwarf team with 5 DPs who were using ye ol 0 reroll BS tweak

In fairness over 100 of that teams TR is in cash so its far from the worst matchup ever to occur.... far from fair too though Smile

Ahh yes I remember that game.

And the only reason you lost was because you left the ball open on turn 1 so you could foul foul foul.

Otherwise a really cose game.

I will say the -5ts each handicap is too much though.
avien

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted to nerf TS exploitation. Fix some loopholes and it will help considerably.

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
What is driving most coaches away, and keeping those that aren't trying it away, is that it has a (somewhat unfair, but not entirely unfair) reputation as being this cesspool of khemri and ogre coaches only interested in bashing away. If every coach had to field say, 3 teams, each from a different "category" (you can look in the other threads for some discussion about this), it would increase both the variety and quality of the games everyone got.

I think this is an excellent idea! It would help out on the racial diversity a lot, me thinks.
Enar

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. Nothing apart from wanting to play BB again. Same as with Ranked. This break looks like it will go on for quite some time.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
And Frank, frankly (Very Happy), if you can't see the basic problem with your course of action universally applied, then maybe you SHOULD go back to the land of the 45 minute begging for games. One less one team dwarf coach is no great loss to [B].

I only have one team due to the patronizing must-activate-all-teams rule. In the meantime, I retired the rest of my teams because of this constraint. Anyway, I for one can hardly be bothered to participate in [B] any longer as it sports too many awkward features on top of this regulation.

Incidentally, would you have used the "retired-teams"-button, you would have seen some other races. I was activating pro elfs most of the time, but got to play them perhaps once in about 30 games or so, scheduler almost always preferred khemri, dwarfs and stuff instead. Go figure why I am no longer interested in such a division. Not being able to select the teams you want to play only applies to one division on FUMBBL so far, thank Nuffle.

With its current ruleset, the division is bound to fail, I think. It is my assumption that your suggestion might make things worse (as good as your intentions may be).
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
My favorite team is in [R] and I don't plan on giving up on them anytime soon.

He said it.

Besides I love R tournaments

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Razz

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm

Last edited by Snappy_Dresser on %b %14, %2009 - %22:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
Snappy_Dresser wrote:
And Frank, frankly (Very Happy), if you can't see the basic problem with your course of action universally applied, then maybe you SHOULD go back to the land of the 45 minute begging for games. One less one team dwarf coach is no great loss to [B].

I only have one team due to the patronizing must-activate-all-teams rule. In the meantime, I retired the rest of my teams because of this constraint. Anyway, I for one can hardly be bothered to participate in [B] any longer as it sports too many awkward features on top of this regulation.

Incidentally, would you have used the "retired-teams"-button, you would have seen some other races. I was activating pro elfs most of the time, but got to play them perhaps once in about 30 games or so, scheduler almost always preferred khemri, dwarfs and stuff instead. Go figure why I am no longer interested in such a division. Not being able to select the teams you want to play only applies to one division on FUMBBL so far, thank Nuffle.

With its current ruleset, the division is bound to fail, I think. It is my assumption that your suggestion might make things worse (as good as your intentions may be).

I will agree, given the lack of action on fixing some pretty glaring problems, Blackbox will die. Christer et all have decided that Blackbox will not have the proactive governance it requires. And while I'm not giving up on the idea of all coaches fielding a variety of teams (resulting in a larger variety of opponents), I will say that the way in which prefered teams are all but ignored is cracked.

And I fail to see how a policy that would only increase the variety of opponents in a division would do harm to a division that is losing coach interest because of the lack of variety of opponent.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

On topic:

A date with Calcium's avatar. Wink
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
A date with Calcium's avatar. Wink

I'm going to go ahead and figure you didn't mean a date with the person pictured in Calcium's avatar, so that I can snicker at the mental image of you sharing an intimate evening with a 60x60 jpeg...

I like Blackbox, and to mix things up, I have one soft fun skaven team, and one DP laden chaos bash team, and I try to keep them relatively even TR/TS wise so that I can never be entirely sure which one an opponent will face. Do you feel lucky...punk?

I can't stand all the rejection in Ranked anymore.

But I'd enjoy [B] even more if we could remove the "Infallable n00b luck" feature. Tired of getting diced 4 out of 5 matches!

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2009 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in a thing where I do not want to get rid of certain teams, but I don't want to retire anybody. I would also like to try out another team of the same race, but don't want to retire the other yet. I'd rather not draw with the chance of playing with my dwarves right now as well.
arw

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
I will agree, given the lack of action on fixing some pretty glaring problems, Blackbox will die. Christer et all have decided that Blackbox will not have the proactive governance it requires.

That grave? I don't know. Faction is dying: Forever dying it seems. Yet doesn't die.
Many coaches love BBox. Me included. In fact it is if not the mainstream yet a healthy division.
#FumbblBlackbox is sure to follow #Fumbbl in being most popular around the clock. BBox Dying? Hardly.

Apart from that Christer surely put a lot of effort into BBox and won't give up the Box easily just because there might be some serious issues...

You may hate them but I don't even care about one team dorf players: That's challenging!
Without BBox being a little more tough than average I'd be disappointed.
Of course they will have problems being scheduled with only one team and BBox suffers by having a dead loss in some draws.
If it becomes too often coaches will react I guess- even if it means making a second team ^^
 Jump to: