36 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Dad - "What do you want to do with your life!!!!"

Kid - "I wanna rock!"

awesomeness Very Happy
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Arktoris wrote:
That better not link to Robbie Williams Shocked

Twisted Sister - Were Not Gona Take It

Anyway, despite PC's lack of support for [B] (as some claim), I have no doubt that he and his team will make tournaments in blackbox awesome. Period.

agrees!

Really:
1-He's competent at running tournament
2-He will be involved in running B tournaments simply because he wouldn't like to be critized for having done some bad job in it. When you're one of the best at what you do, would you simply throw the image you build by treating a new task litely.
As far as I know, he's not the stunty tournament organizer so if he takes over the job for B, he'll do it well.

I vote for purple over anybody else

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I vote for purple over anybody else

Agreed. As somebody very much looking forward to [B] tourneys I'm happy to see a clearly competent and committed guy in charge.
In any case, there was surely some small amount of humour in his comments - PC has played some 60 [B] games - if that really was just to gain credibility, then a) it's unnecessary, and b) my respect for the man's dedication goes up even further Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like Purp still has the support of the electorate (proles?)

More to the point, Blackbox is not competing with Ranked, and anyone who thinks so has serious delusions of the potential of Blackbox (not necessarily a bad thing, being a boutique division means needing to please less people).

Coaches will go where they want to go, and the best way of ensuring they go to Blackbox is to ensure a good product (not pandering as many suggest). The best tournament admin I've seen on FUMBBL is Purplechest by a country mile, so let's at least give him a chance to fail before the knives come out.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Haunted

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

To me, it seems very similar to a political election. At the moment, the only non-vague candidate for the job is PurpleChest. I suppose he wins by default. But if you really want to seek alternatives, then shouldn't all the prospective administrators provide their goals and philosophies for the job? I mean, it's kinda like voting for a politician without knowing what party he or she belongs to, or what his or her political beliefs are.

Obviously PurpleChest is dependable and competent. I don't think anyone can or would want to dispute that. I think at this point it's just a matter of who on Fumbbl has the best ideas to make B tournaments attractive, fun, and engaging. It wouldn't surprise me if PC has great ideas for B, but I still think it couldn't hurt to get some proposals out there.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 02:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Haunted wrote:
To me, it seems very similar to a political election. At the moment, the only non-vague candidate for the job is PurpleChest. I suppose he wins by default. But if you really want to seek alternatives, then shouldn't all the prospective administrators provide their goals and philosophies for the job? I mean, it's kinda like voting for a politician without knowing what party he or she belongs to, or what his or her political beliefs are.

TBH I don't feel like any of the content or even the existance of this thread will bring us something positive in the end.... There are many people working on in the staff and to pick the one that is the most communicative in it is a bad start to archieve any goals.... don't get me wrong, even if this is not a democracy, I believe if the community pushes a new candidate forward, Big C and Purp aswell will not act completly deaf.

On the other hand Big C has no obligation to follow the wishes of the people of the site and there is no point in causing meaningless conflicts concerning that issue. There is a right time to speak up and there is a wrong time. The right time would be if everything gets worse and things are slowly going to drown in chaos.

Right now things are improving. Without Purples engagement, the community wouldn't even take much notice about the process of developing tournaments in B. He tried his best to involve the people as much as he could and made in fact, a non democratic page to be page of the people.

If he would make his decisions alone that would be maybe reason for concerns but he again listens to people with BBox expierence aswell as he listens to Big C. From what I've seen I have the slight feeling you will be more pleased with the endresult then you maybe think right now. Now, that noone exactly knows how the format will even look like. Many people are involved in the process and I don't think it is that important in the end what his personal opinion is. I think it's rather a minority that wants another Admin anyhow...
...so can we please stop this silly topic and move on to some more important issues? ..And wait for a time when there is actually something to gain in such a proposal?
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2009 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Haunted wrote:

Obviously PurpleChest is dependable and competent. I don't think anyone can or would want to dispute that. I think at this point it's just a matter of who on Fumbbl has the best ideas to make B tournaments attractive, fun, and engaging. It wouldn't surprise me if PC has great ideas for B, but I still think it couldn't hurt to get some proposals out there.

um, all of your proposals, while good, presume this is a democracy, which it is not.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
 Jump to: