34 coaches online • Server time: 09:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Haunted wrote:
I thought it would be cool to win a completely random player selected from every possible position at every roster, that appears on your team with 7 completely random skills/traits/racials. The only catch is the player will only play for you team for 10 matches, after which they will automatically retire.

Or will be most likely retired before game 1, because it`s a zombie/skellie/gobbo/fling/hobgob/thrall/etc with 7 useless skills that is just bloating your TS and doesn`t do any good.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Haunted wrote:
I thought it would be cool to win a completely random player selected from every possible position at every roster, that appears on your team with 7 completely random skills/traits/racials. The only catch is the player will only play for you team for 10 matches, after which they will automatically retire.

Or a random starplayer joins your team? Or a random FUMBBL legend of your roster...

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Rather:
Pick one dead/retired player of your race. As long as your team exists you can hire him for 80k per game like a starplayer. But I think that might be a tad too powerful.
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The principle for non-LRB prizes in B should be: it is impossible in-game to determine whether you have a non-LRB prize.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

TheCetusProject wrote:
The principle for non-LRB prizes in B should be: it is impossible in-game to determine whether you have a non-LRB prize.

Seems sensible, my thoughts exactly...

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2009 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its worth noticing that B tournaments are run by TR and not by TS. But this is really the only way of accounting for cash. As for prizes we will see Smile the old argument that they wont last long in B is redundent now that you can put a team on ice. But then again is not like the Eaters has not lost a game since they got a temple guard and a beast.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

TheCetusProject wrote:

A terribly concise way of saying what I was trying to communicate a page or two ago. Well put.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Igvy

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2009 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What time of day will the TR roll be made for the August minor?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
What time of day will the TR roll be made for the August minor?

Midnight wednesday to thursday. So in 11 hours.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to bring up the prize discussion again. I feel it`s wrong, that the first box major has the same prize as a ranked minor.

I`d suggest making up abit of a preliminary fluff (e.g. Naggharoth Pit Fight) and throw in something unique. I`d suggest a choice of poisened dagger or stakes to a single player of the winners team, as the winner recieves assassin training from the darkies.

With other fluff, a chainsaw might also be possible.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

A poisoned dagger sounds like a pretty cool prize.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
gabeln

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

In Blacbox I think that I might rather have 'stakes'.

hehe
arw

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2009 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:

I guess I just think a Dwarf team should still basically be a Dwarf team, regardless of the win. It simply should not be fundamentally changed. And I think that is the opinion of most of the people that are against it.

That ONE Dwarf team in question might be over the top yet the Eaters are legend now. Not at all bad for fumbbl.
The next team that wins two majors should not become as strong: we all know... Wink
There is enough room between a regenerating top player and a bombardier to find a nice and acceptable price.
It would be nice to exclude inactive B teams from majors so teams can't just hide their price. A certain number of regular B games between majors would do.
Different prices in different majors would be nice. Players, mutations, scrolls: Let's have all of those, if you ask me.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2009 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just throwing another twist on a major prize for the champion.

Let the winner of the [B] major get the Fugly Cup!
Make a tradition of having a few players drink from the Fugly Cup and gain foul appearance.
ImageImage
*Edited for a better cup in keeping with the bloodbowl cups.*

This poor bloke is a good example of what players look like after drinking from the cup.

Last edited by ryanfitz on %b %01, %2009 - %06:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2009 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

TheCetusProject wrote:

I totally agree.

And I would extend this to all tourneys - there is too much unbalanced stuff in Ranked prizes as well.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: