48 coaches online • Server time: 12:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2009 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Birthday cheese was a bigger problem than prizes that were too good. I really think prizes give teams a destinction from it`s race. It`s just a cool thing to have and in the box you can easily demand 5 games between winning one major and entering the next, so that noone can win and until the next major.
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

At least in [R] one has the option of avoiding non-LRB4 teams if one wishes. Apart from in tournaments, but tournaments are non-LRB4 anyway, so you know what you're getting into when you apply.

In [B] there would be no way to make sure you play an LRB4 team, and I consider this to be wrong in principle.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB4 is designed and balanced for closed legues and the whole TS system is designed to port LRB4 into an open league. So on principle, the whole [B] idea isn`t covered by the LRB4. At the same time, LRB4 includes tournament prizes, that give a team options (e.g. mutations on a dwarven team) that would not be possible to a team of that race under normal circumstances. Yes - these tournament prizes are in the 'optional rules' section, but that is the same section, that covers assisting, fouling and the SPP table.

So face it - a claw/FA longbeard is LRB4 compliant and a dwarven team containing mutations is an LRB4 team. And is a claw/rsc longbeard really that much better than one with a poisoned dagger? Or a dwarven team containing a temple guardian?
Lomack

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Circular Logic. And his logic isn't even circular!

Long live FUMBBL majors!
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If [B] is going to force people to play against teams that are clearly not LRB4 teams, then it should at the very least stop using optional rules when they make the division worse (e.g. enforcing handicaps even when they make the matchup more unfair).
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2009 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The point is:
Those teams are still LRB4 teams. They are just not LRB4 teams, that everyone has access to, but must earn by winning a tournament.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2009 - 10:09 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Tournaments: Plan [B]

THE [B] MAJORS
Majors will be held in [B] three times a year, with applications opening in on the first Wednesdays of January, May and September.

They will, for now, be massive entry, straight knock outs, with no TR cap. There will be 1 week scheduled per round. When we have the capacity, then all applicants will be accepted. At year end we will review all three with a hope to differenciate them.

The first, to be run in September, will be a simple straight KO tournament.

The prizes will remain LRB4 compliant. For the first major it will be a simple +1ff and a 100,000 GP prize. There will be no dynamic Gold in the first major.

PurpleChest

So the applications open tonight? Woooooo!

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2009 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

neeeed moar TS.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2009 - 11:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:

So the applications open tonight? Woooooo!

Almost certainly, yes.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2009 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

To all you excellent tournament staff and web staff and admins etc..

a contructive reminder/ request for

1) Symbols on the calendar to show the applications for this major opening (and entry deadline / draw too).

2) (Once the tournament page for the [B] Majors is ready) A link in the main Tournaments portal page to the [B] Majors page.

Ty.

oh and...

3) a news item that the first [B] major entry opens today.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2009 - 12:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

1: There are some technical issues that need resolving first, as always this will be done as soon as is practical.

2: Will of course be done as soon as it is ready to be done.

3: Will happen when the Tournament officially opens for applications. At 23:59:59 bbtime tonight.

But thank you for your help. I notice you dont ask that the tournament is actually run, or that we continue to stay alive while it is running so as not to mess its schedule up, nor indeed to help in any way. But the tips you do give will no doubt prove handy.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2009 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you Purple.

I thought I'd just mention 'in case' these were being overlooked. I guess you are well on top of things - didn't mean to insult you by suggesting you might not be.
I'm assuming the tournament is run and that you will all stay alive.
I won't moan at you though if either of those two things don't happen. - I mean it's not like I'm helping at all as you point out.

I appreciate all the work of the various excellent FUMBBL staff.
 Jump to: