44 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2009 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

so alot of people would go straight for claw. Any alternative views? i like the idea of diving tackle prehaps?
Kraark

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can't say I can see anything else as equal to claw, DT is good but it is hard to get a Chaos Dwarf to the right position to fully utilize it.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind that claw in LRB 5.0 is on the whole a lot less powerful than Mighty Blow (Obviously you would be going for the combination). That said, tentacles, diving tackle, leader. jump up, disturbing presence and side step for example, all add interesting tactical dimensions. Ignoring the double to take mighty blow / guard is also a decent possibility, since these seem to be the most useful skills for a CD, doubles or not (plus they add less TV).

Edit: if you are playing table top, then taking claw gives you the chance to have one mean looking player!

Oscar Wilde
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I havent reviewed LRB5 but ill throw dodge into the mix. With Stand firm no longer a double surely the old blodge SFirm combo is an option??
Shephard

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Only if you want to not get pushed back. As may or may not be known, in LRB5 Stand Firm no longer protects from a failed dodge roll.
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 06:26 Reply with quote Back to top

yup - i just know from an lrb 4 dorf team I had with 2-3 players with blodge, stand firm guard that its a great combo and can really hinder opponents and more importantly frustrate them into doing stupid things.
fork

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing... nothing annoys quite as much as foul appearance.I mean dodge and SF makes them harder to knock down and move... but FA is great for the return block value. It also have this amazing ability to suck up opponents RRs and destroy early kick-off deployment.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i think jump up is pretty nice combined with SF on av9
Igvy

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

FA
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

But isnt't FA now 2 different skills?
GeneralCael

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul Appearence: opponent must roll 2+ to hit you
Disturbing Presence: Opponent subtract 1 from their roll to pass or catch the ball within 3 squares of you.

I would go with claw, as dwarves usually gets stuck hitting something with av9. It stacks well with mighty blow making you break ANY armor on 7+. If you dont want that, I'd go foul appearence, dodge or jump up.
SvenS

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I took claw on my first 2 doubles on mine and its been pretty good so far (played against orcs necro and chaos since). Im going for a prehensive tail one next time I think for more anti blodger fun.

SL
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2009 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Disturbing Presence is teh new Divine Catch!
 Jump to: