45 coaches online • Server time: 13:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MixX

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

AeoN2 wrote:
Imho they don't have enough pro's right now... perhaps that just means they are balanced right and experienced players just realize that a reliable player suits them better...

--
AeoN2

I agree, and that's the way it's supposed to be.. you have to choose between unreliable hitting power and reliable, well, all-round-ness..
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

but not between a useless and horribly expensive git and a normal position-player.
The old rule was the best one and just because there were coaches whining, as they got trapped (own fault) it was changed in such a horrible way.
Old WA were still unreliable in their own way, as they could screw up every time and then a WHOLE turn. With pro becoming a Trait, they would have been even more unreliable. But you could plan around such unreliablities.
The actual WA-negatrait is completely luck-dependend. If a player managed the 4+-rolls, there is NO negative about it. If a player doesn´t get the 4+, the beast is useless.
Vukoyebina

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not make fumbbl use the other rules for wild animal.
(Must move first, must block if able)
Louky

Post 12 Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Treemen ?
They may easily miss half the match with TakeRoot
And they also have to roll to get up due to their 2 MA.
So why not asking for a free "Jump up" for them too.

Troll and Ogre can't block for free,
they still have to pass the "BoneHead" or "Really Stupid" rolls.

So Minos and Rats still have advantages.
But yeah, their power/price ratio really decreases.
MickeX

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Louky wrote:

So Minos and Rats still have advantages.
But yeah, their power/price ratio really decreases.

Especially since they have Frenzy. People seem to forget that. A Mino may very well throw more blocks than Troll in a match even if he's failing a lot of WA rolls.
pixel

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to say that I like the new WA rules. Just give the mino or rat ogre tenatacles and see if some one can run from you. Sure it is unlikely against other BG's but against others its really good.

Plus if they are beside some one they hit guaranteed, meaning they are reliable for the purpose you have them. Hurting people.
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

odds are you won't get the chance to get tentacles pixel. most people won't stick a person next to your minotaur, prefering to take a 4+ or 5+ dodge instead as the last action of the turn. Even dwarves will try to run from a minotaur. and what happens then? your minotaur just sits on his ass watching the guy run away. And what happens if you knock someone over? the person doesn't have to pick up his guy, which is most likely going to be a crap lineman on the line of scrimmage.

Trolls and ogres "unreliability" is laughable compared to making a 4+ roll in order to do anything but a block, and treemen have 6 str and stand firm, which means its harder than hell to take one of those buggers down. And even if you do, they have 10 av to protect them. Minotuars only have 8 av, which means you can injure them quite easily.
jokklas

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I agree. Because of the new WA rules WAs wont score TDs and will hit less ppl, which mean less SPP and skill rolls. To have a decent chance of rolling that double lets say we need 4-5 skill rolls. That means 51 or 76 SPP which woud take about 25-38 games(!).

So saying "Just give the mino or rat ogre tenatacles.." is a somewhat flawed statement in the WA discussion Wink
BigDemonicBunny

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 06:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The local BB tournament house rules has it that a WA can:

Roll over
Block
Blitz the CLOSEST enemy(the least amount of steps, if two enemies are equally near then the player can chose which one to blitz).

Otherwise it's a 4+ roll
slackman

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 06:39 Reply with quote Back to top

not to mention my tentacles equipped mino in stunty leeg cant even hold on to snotlings... and this was BEFORE the rules change. but again, im telling you ALL big guys are supposed to be added fun, and not necessarily a real force on the pitch. so if the mino isnt to your liking, take the troll or ogre. and skaven dont need a bg anyway...
Tetsuo

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

What pisses me off is that it doesn´t say in the skills/traits section that this 4+ roll has been added. Nowhere does it say on this sight in fact except in this threaddiscussion. I just payed 130k for the damn thing and wound up not being able to use it 5 out of 6 turns. I want it written in capitol letters that there´s a 4+ roll required to use him every turn!
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Then read the Rules Review for the LRB which is the rules this sight states it uses.
Plus the sight is free so quit whining and have a nice day

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, it wasn´t really meant as a whine, I just didn´t find the part about the rules review being used. I think this is an excellent site and a great initiative on the part of the creator and that it´s free. I just like to have things in one place and not have to have 3 browsers open just to find all the rules for 1 character that´s all. No offence intended.
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps i've just been lucky with my rat Ogre. Sure every now again he'll stand there stomping like a litle whiny brat but, for me at least, he'll happily charge off hitting what i want him to hit. he'll do damage too, 12 games and loads of CS. Infact hes the best Big 'Un i've ever had.
No real comment on the issue, i'm just showing off hehe
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem i haqve with the new wild animal is that they used to be differant and fun. They used to feel like ravenouse monsters you threw on the pitch that only cared about tearing things apart and would sometimes get carried away and cost you for there bull headed behavior. Now they are just crappy line fodder, they play exactly like every other big guy does just not as good. You throw them on the line to get hit and thats pretty much all they can do, take one hit so a usefull player doesn't have too. An agility team will easily dodge away from them and a bashy team will just knock the thing over and watch it thwo a temper tantrum as it tries to stand up, and god forbid it get stunned. They used to be a lot of fun and a flavorfull big guy, they might have been a bit to good but making pro a trait would have done enough to fix it imo. Now they are just bland crappy line fodder. I miss my mindless cas machines, now they are just mindless. Sad