27 coaches online • Server time: 02:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Regen/DP too powerful if ran 6 players +?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
No
85%
 85%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 20

lawman

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I put this in the box, as i think its more of a problem in the box as you don't know who you will play, and khermi +200 TS teams generally have trouble finding games (non-tourney) with 4+ DP players.

Obviously I'm not a huge fan of the DP skill because teams can generally DP all day with skellies 30 cost men, and they are 50% roll away from regen if you hurt them.

But I'm not going to just bash the skill. I think it should be a trait. If it was a TRAIT rather than a normal skill, teams couldn't run all DP all day.

The problem is... Khermi can load up with 9 DP's and the MB hitters. No problem, if they didn't regen as well. Which makes them very hard to kill normally.

So, you get 16 players. Three ball handlers maybe. 4 Mummies. Round it out with 9 DP's. The effect is you can foul every turn or almost every turn. Since you do not need to worry about the EYE. But if DP was a trait, you would have to try something else and actually protect your DP investments (like 40 cost goblins have to). So, any team at 200+ TR beware because you can't just concede, and you have to walk a thin line to keep your men from dying.

That Khemri 209 149.97 154.08 Rating in Box is pretty evidental. They don't lose much because the other team doesn't have players by the end of the game.

I'm not the best player, but I generally know where there is unstoppable strategy.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh My!!! this could get ugly.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

no

this works backwards

sides like lizardmen would get screwed because their skinks wouldnt have access to DP

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

dp is bad and evil and bad an annoying and evil and bad and worse and silly and evil and bad and cruel and "oh my poor pixel" and evil and snappy and gai and evil and bad.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Khem in a foul-off should quickly find themselves with no mummies & an awefully fragile team...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea! You have my complete and unconditional support for everything you have just suggested!
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

lawman wrote:
but I generally know where there is unstoppable strategy.

Other than the fact that we play with LRB rules ,which are not created by anyone who has anything to do with the running of this site, we don't get to change them.
Im not sure I would call it an unstoppable strategy.

Assuming you go full gang foul for every turn for the 1st half and concede a 1st half touchdown. You are still looking at losing an average of over 3.5 DPs per half, since we dont have half players plan on losing 4 players even with the argue which will quickly lose you your head coach also for kickoff rolls.(but a relative no biggie for your strategy)

You will average against an AV 7 team
2.222 stuns
3.333 casualties
2.444 KOS (half will return so 1.222)

so you will be giving up 4(3.5+) guys to take out 5(4.5+) of his AV 7 he might even choose to apoth one.

If your opponent has higher AV (likely in the box) or you choose not to use more than half of your guys on the pitch to ensure that you will break armor and get the DP on the injury roll your expectations will drop significantly. You will likely remove more of your players from the pitch than his and still be conceding the TD along with giving up skills that will help you play the normal side of the game.

Assume that your opponent will at that level have lots of Guard/MB/Claw taking more of your boys off the pitchor and suddenly you might not be fielding 11 bodies to start the 2nd half having removed 4 of your own guys for the rest of the game.

All that being said. I absolutely love it as a concept team.

Last edited by ryanfitz on %b %02, %2009 - %03:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

What skill is DP? What does it do? Could it be...broken!?

Shocked

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

lawman wrote:

I'm not the best player, but I generally know where there is unstoppable strategy.

If fouling all day with dirty player was an unstoppable strategy, Paul Hicks would be the #1 most successful coach on fumbbl.

he's not...

you fale.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

well, pauly is the most successful coach in terms of succeeding at what he is try to do

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

No he isnt, he barely ever kills every player on the opposing team. Put into context he actually sucks pretty badly Confused

lawman, you completely missed two key facts here:
1) Khemri are far from unstopable in [R]anked majors or at high TR
2) The TS formula is currently very harsh to teams with multiple DPs

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

silly - paul's aim is to have fun, and he succeeds all the time - unless he is drunk.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DP isn't the end all be all of skills. Combined with regen, it's still not this "unstoppable force" you claim it is.
lawman

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

its mainly unstoppable in that there isn't much you can do to not get gangfouled the first half. Though they may lose, they can easily destroy a team. Also, come tournament time, no one wants to lose half his team just to win a game. The only method I know to keep from getting fouled most turns is heavy use of dodging, precision blocking, speed and good placement of men. Which most bashy teams aren't successful with (16 turns in a game let alone half the time).

Maybe it shouldn't be a trait...I suppose that makes sense as the rules can't be altered. Maybe more weight given for TS for the 4+ DP on a team?

It's just puts some teams in a real-bind. Lose players via death or concession. Its really not a fair risk/reward situation.

But its the box. I suppose anything goes?
TheSpoonyBard

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2009 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

lawman wrote:
That Khemri 209 149.97 154.08 Rating in Box is pretty evidental.

Yes. Yes it is. Note the sub 150 BWR (that is to say, a subpar winning record.)

~Robert Wilensky

http://thespoonybard.mybrute.com/
 Jump to: