21 coaches online • Server time: 08:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post custom pitch per tea...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kraark wrote:
Well, I think I am the first one who is simply going to say thanks for the offer Babs. (Although I got nothing with the new client to do) But someone actually had to say thanks.

About the "official" status of this I am quite sure comes from the fact that (from what I have heard) the creator of the game got veto right's against all decisions.

So everyone can stop being being a pain and you know actually be a little bit grateful that a guy who obviously loves the game wanting to help out here. Not agreeing to one decision or the other is your own problem and got nothing with this to do.

Lets be clear, the offer was to clue in the developer as to what is changing. He did not say what the changes are. For the record, there has never been a desire by the "BBRC" to open up their deliberations to the FUMBBL world.

I think a lot of people here would strike up a different tune had Babs came on here saying "listen guys, we are considering ways to nerf fouling". Or "what are your thoughts about ___".

I am thankful that there is a new ruleset coming out, but I will not indulge someone's desire to front here about their high up position.

I have played more BB than this person anyway.

Babs,

Consider what I said about the eye and fouling. Keep DP at +1 but bring back the eye. Sneaky git can just make it so you only get caught on fouls that break AV.

__Synn
Nemeton

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/2007BloodBowlRulesReview.pdf

The PDF on that page actually confirms that the BBRC plans to finalize the LRB6 in 2009.

As to the BBRC, I cant really find much about them except Babs own page on it:

http://www.geocities.com/blood-bowl/bbrc.htm

I am curious, who started the BBRC and who decides who sits on it? The page says that it is independent and not GW so I was wondering who decides?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kraark wrote:

About the "official" status of this I am quite sure comes from the fact that (from what I have heard) the creator of the game got veto right's against all decisions.

Oh, so Jervis is writing the new rules? Ok then. I thought it was an unelected cabal. All is fine with the world then.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Nemeton wrote:

I am curious, who started the BBRC and who decides who sits on it? The page says that it is independent and not GW so I was wondering who decides?

Indeed. Who are they and what gives them the right to dictate my hobby?
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Go stalk the www.talkbloodbowl.com for more info.

As far as I know these guy sit in the BBRC:
Jervis Johnson the creator, GalakStarscraper(Tom Anders), plasmoid(some guy named Martin), Babs and ianwilliams(whose real name is guessable I suppose).

That's Jervis and 3 others. A line saying that 3 BBRC member are present at TBB to answer rules questions hints there more around somewhere Smile

Edit: Ok so it seems I'm not that good at counting and that plasmoid isn't member of BBRC, but I think he atleast delivers and handles big parts of the game data used for balancing the teams.
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB5Stats.htm

Last edited by Koigokoro on %b %25, %2009 - %09:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Nemeton wrote:

from BBRC experimental rules PDF
Quote:
BBRC members participating in the discussion/voting were Jervis Johnson, Ian Williams, Paul Gegg, Stephen Babbage, and Tom Anders.

from Bab's page
Quote:
Jervis would like the International committee to do an annual
review of the Blood Bowl rules and publish an update, similar to the NFL's
own annual review. I don't suppose I need to tell you how beneficial this
would be to the game and the dedicated BB community.

This implies that Jervis started the BBRC, and should tell you who sits on it Razz
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I second Synn on the 'removal of the eye = bad' as well as on the 'FUMBBL was more or less ignored' thing.

If I had to make a guess why the eye was removed, it`s probably because the developer wanted to reduce the amount of dicerolls in the game. They could have just abolished the argue the call roll and be fine with it though.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

it still doesn't tell us who selects them (my guess is that Jervis selected them), on which basis and how often, if at all, members change

imo, more implication of the gaming community in the discussions would be beneficial, especially for a ruleset intended to last
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Koigokoro wrote:
Go stalk the www.talkbloodbowl.com for more info.

Jervis Johnson the creator, GalakStarscraper(Tom Anders), plasmoid(some guy named Martin), Babs and ianwilliams(whose real name is guessable I suppose).

That's Jervis and 3 others. A line saying that 3 BBRC member are present at TBB to answer rules questions hints there more around somewhere Smile

Edit: Ok so it seems I'm not that good at counting and that plasmoid isn't member of BBRC, but I think he atleast delivers and handles big parts of the game data used for balancing the teams.
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB5Stats.htm

I don't think plasmoid is actually on the BBRC, just helps out with the stats. Is one of those guys mentioned above doubleskulls? As i know he's on the BBRC.

Over on TBB purplegoo proposed in a thread that there be at least 1 "online coach" in the BBRC, with FUMBBL and now the cyanide game there are probably more digital BB games played each day than there are Tabletop ones. But i don't think it got a lot of support, the impression i get is that it's a bit of an "inner circle" affair with a few TT tournament regulars who are mates of Jervis that decide things.

LRB6 is a bit of a waste of time really, they did sort riot on the kick off table, but frankly I'm astounded that it was put in LRB5 as it's a terrible idea. But the other changes are just window dressing and or going the wrong way, nerfing undead further was stupid as they are great at low TV (which make up most of the games played in their woefully small sample size) but suck at higher TV.

The reason i've heard for not having a LRB7 any time soon is because of the Cyanide game, apparantely they didn't want them to have to change it if the rules were updated every couple of years. Doesn't make any sense to me, if Cyanide had spent less time making the game pretty and more time adding teams and making the rules work then they could have had a better game and released an update with the new rules and some extra cool stuff every couple of years like FIFA and Madden do.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

it's a bit of an "inner circle" affair with a few TT tournament regulars who are mates of Jervis that decide things.

The reason i've heard for not having a LRB7 any time soon is because of the Cyanide game, apparantely they didn't want them to have to change it if the rules were updated every couple of years. .

Just what I thought.

And - hang on - that logic re 7.0 makes no sense. Crappo-game is already 5.0, so will be "unofficial" as soon as the "cabal" release 6.0. Obsolete AND annoying to play. Woot.
Koigokoro

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Koigokoro wrote:

I don't think plasmoid is actually on the BBRC, just helps out with the stats. Is one of those guys mentioned above doubleskulls? As i know he's on the BBRC.

Ian is the doubleskulls guy I think.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder.. if FUMBBL would discuss and bring up a rule set, would that be considered?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Doubt it, since they tried to get an online coach into the cabal, but were sneered at.

"Over on TBB purplegoo proposed in a thread that there be at least 1 "online coach" in the BBRC, with FUMBBL and now the cyanide game there are probably more digital BB games played each day than there are Tabletop ones. But i don't think it got a lot of support, the impression i get is that it's a bit of an "inner circle" affair with a few TT tournament regulars who are mates of Jervis that decide things. " (Spubbbba)

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I wonder.. if FUMBBL would discuss and bring up a rule set, would that be considered?

If we were running LRB 6.0, and so had some hard data (well, i say some, i mean the vast ammounts we generate) on the relevant subject across all TV's
Then personally, i think that they'd have to listen to the data (aka Us Very Happy), and atleast take it into account.
Which may require asking for that data from somewhere Razz
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

If a whole hearted attempt (not bashing on prior changes) were made, I think with the backing from the fumbbl community, that it could come into consideration.

But not knowing this commity at all... Well no real clue, but it's worth a shot IMO.