34 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FDL only 3 spots lef...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Esch

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

f_alk wrote:
GW is not trying to close down FUMBBL. Read the letter.

How is this:

* the Website contains copies of Blood Bowl statistics and rules;
* tje Java Bowl programme contains various pieces of GW Blood Bowl art including the Blood Bowl pitch and Blood Bowl logo; and
* the Java Bowl programme uses all the Blood Bowl rules and statistics for each model.

As you may appreciate, GW has a strict policy of protecting all of its intellectual property rights. To this end, we must insist that these materials are removed from the Website.

Not closing down Fumbbl?
f_alk

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Does it say "close down" anywhere? No.
Does it say "remove a limited amount of material from the website"? Yes, it does.

Ok ... i should have written:
Read and understand the letter.
Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Esch wrote:
f_alk wrote:
GW is not trying to close down FUMBBL. Read the letter.

How is this:

* the Website contains copies of Blood Bowl statistics and rules;
* tje Java Bowl programme contains various pieces of GW Blood Bowl art including the Blood Bowl pitch and Blood Bowl logo; and
* the Java Bowl programme uses all the Blood Bowl rules and statistics for each model.

As you may appreciate, GW has a strict policy of protecting all of its intellectual property rights. To this end, we must insist that these materials are removed from the Website.

Not closing down Fumbbl?

The Java Bowl programme is NOT Fumbbl.

Java bowl works just fine without Fumbbl.

Fumbbl is a blood bowl league. It allows you to manage your teams. If you upload you game reports in the correct format it will load them into the database for you.

If you choose to create your game reports using java bowl rather than notepad that is up to you Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but if you remove the rules and statistics for the game from the program, then the Java program is just a husk with nothing in it, no? I'm not the only one in this forum who read that letter this way. It seems pretty clear they want all content removed that is theirs, which leaves the site with nothing.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Esch wrote:
Yes, but if you remove the rules and statistics for the game from the program, then the Java program is just a husk with nothing in it, no? I'm not the only one in this forum who read that letter this way. It seems pretty clear they want all content removed that is theirs, which leaves the site with nothing.

An empty husk? Wat?

You do know you can use the Java Client and create teams and edit them without fumbbl right?

The rules in the client are not located on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Esch wrote:

You can remove the client from the site. so points 2 and 3 are covered.

The site contained rules and statistics copied directly from the rule book. that is infringing. If those have not gone yet they will be gone soon.

Will they allow the team generator pages? It would be a real pain if they didn't but we could get around that too.

It interests me that they did not mention the paypal link. They mentioned it on the some other letters. Did they just forget? Or did they take into account Christer's servers and internet connection?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2009 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Not mentioning the paypal is a sign that they do not want FUMBBL to close down. If they wanted to cripple this site, they would demand the cut of the link.
captaincf

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So when will LRB6 become official?
James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

From the TFF thread on the subject

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:47 am
GalakStarscraper wrote:
Hopefully on Monday we'll hear from him.

Galak

So it should be official by mid week at the very latest, then it's just a matter of where it'll be hosted, as Galak has said he won't.
captaincf

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, having read the letter I am not so enthused anymore. I mean this is just another in a long line of headscratchers from GW of late. 40K has gotten ridiculously bad. How many Space Marine codices are there now? And the Dark Elf codex is what, 11 years old? And first we get yet another space marine codex in the form of the Space Wolves followed by a new Tyrannid book. Why does everyone play Space Marines? Because it is the only faction that is constantly up to date. At least with Warhammer Fantasy, they are trying to put out updated books for everyone. The Blood Bowl rules are no longer available in German, and you cannot even buy a box set from the German website anymore. My LGS has to order all its BB stuff from the UK, if they can get it then.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

captaincf wrote:
Well, having read the letter I am not so enthused anymore. I mean this is just another in a long line of headscratchers from GW of late. 40K has gotten ridiculously bad. How many Space Marine codices are there now? And the Dark Elf codex is what, 11 years old? And first we get yet another space marine codex in the form of the Space Wolves followed by a new Tyrannid book. Why does everyone play Space Marines? Because it is the only faction that is constantly up to date. At least with Warhammer Fantasy, they are trying to put out updated books for everyone. The Blood Bowl rules are no longer available in German, and you cannot even buy a box set from the German website anymore. My LGS has to order all its BB stuff from the UK, if they can get it then.

It is never good trying to sound wise and then call the race Dark Elf Wink
captaincf

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, Dark Eldar
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

captaincf wrote:
The Blood Bowl rules are no longer available in German

This is clearly an attempt by GW to keep cheating to a minimum on Fumbbl Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2009 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

captaincf wrote:

Take a look at Chaos Dwarf in Warhammer Fantasy, that is an outdated book!

Army Codex and Edition Release Date
Beasts of Chaos 6th Edition Beasts of Chaos Army Book 2003
Bretonnia 6th Edition Bretonnia Army Book 2003
Daemons of Chaos 7th Edition Daemons of Chaos Army Book 2008
Dark Elves 7th Edition Dark Elves Army Book 2008
Dwarves 6th Edition Dwarves Army Book ??
High Elves 7th Edition High Elves Army Book 2007
Lizardmen 7th Edition Lizardmen Army Book 2009
Ogre Kingdoms 6th Edition Ogre Kingdoms Army Book 2004
Orcs and Goblins 7th Edition Orcs and Goblins Army Book ??
Skaven 6th Edition Skaven Army Book ??
The Empire 7th Edition The Empire Army Book ??
Tomb Kings 6th Edition Tomb Kings Army Book 2002
Vampire Counts 7th Edition Vampire Counts Army Book 2008
Warriors of Chaos 7th Edition Warriors of Chaos Army Book 2008
Wood Elves 6th Edition Wood Elves Army Book ??

Dont know if this is an accurate one, but if not then please correct me.
And from what I have heard from my friends, then warhammer fantasy has involved to something where the newest army is also the strongest and most competitive army due to rules changes etc.

A year or so ago I talked to a GW staff at my local store. He said that GW produce and launch a 40k codex 4times a year, and 4times warhammer fantasy 4times a year and the rest 4months are for other GW products. So that leave 4armies update each year for a ruleset that maybe last 2-3 years. I dont know if that has changed or my memory is a bit off, but the core of this is that:
When a new ruleset is made, then the armies or codexes are not updated along with it. Each race in time get an update. So that popular races mostlike will get a faster update then other races that GW does not make so much money on. It is the way of the product life cycle and people are still buying their products. That is why they get away with it.
 Jump to: