56 coaches online • Server time: 22:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
m0nty

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Doh!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Carlton United clashed with Premier League newcomers Southern Scumbags last night in what turned out to be a close fought matchup...

Media attention surrounding Carlton's decision to 'kick their way' to a narrow loss against the Maniac Mammalians in last week's game had attracted the interest of the Southern Waste Regulatory Commission who, quoting some obscure regulation about the number and variety of studs allowed on a player's boot, had decided to attend the match. Not being able to make any sense of the lengthy regulation, Mr. Swan advised his boys to lay off the boots all together. This, combined with a mammoth drinking session the night before, had put the boys from Carlton in a very surly mood.

Receiving in the First, they rather feebly tried to hold a line against the Orcish assault. The Scumbags' considerable strength proved too much for the lacklustre United however and they started to drop. Forming a cage, the Green Machine slowly rumbled down the right wing, beating on any of the foolish humans that got in their way. By half time, they'd managed to get the ball over the line and also to remove all but 4 of their opponents from the field. It started to rain.

Regrouping over the break, our boys were itching for a chance to lay in the boot but, spying the watchful eye of the Commissioner, were forced to continue the game honestly. Sensing defeat was imminent if things continued in the vein, Mr. Swan concocted a rowsing pep talk, firing his boys up for the second half. Even the injured for fully renewed, such was the motivating power of his words.

Kicking poorly, the Orcs were forced to concede a touchback as the second half started. Duke Snakefield, with Swaney's words still ringing in his ears, was given the ball and blitzed his way through the lines, his speed and strength being far too much for the hapless Orcs. The scores were level but Carlton knew they would have to find a way to stop the Orcish grind that was about to begin if they were to have any hope of getting something from the match.

With much of the second half still to be played, the Orcs were in no hurry as they methodically prepared their cage to once more rumble its way downfield. The Duke led an assault into their half in an attempt to rustle the ball from them before they could secure the cage. Failing in this task, some measure of succes was attained as several key Orc players were occupied away from their attack. Although the battle was hard fought, the Scumbags being most probably the strongest (in terms of strength) team in the competition, Edward Birk was eventually able to knock down the ball carrier, mere meters from the endzone. The ball sailed into the crowd and was tossed back to land in open field and easy reach of Dave Vigil who hurled it downfield desperately. The Duke leapt high to receive the pass, too strong in the air for his opponents (or his teammates for that matter, for whom the pass was intended). Looking to the glory zone and ready for his second Down, Snakefield sprinted for the line. Time ran out for this shining star of the SWL however, and the siren beat him to it.

The match would end, 1-1. A fair result for both teams.

Great game whitey and well coached. Those Orcs of yours are truly awe inspiring! The could do with a few more +STs though... Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Scumbags 2 - 1 Chaingang

Good win for the scumbags in a game that went right down to the wire
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

ya'll got a link for the league page?? cant seem to find it

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Animal its http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=647. Thanks again for the game neverborn.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Animal2020, you is a yankee. No dice here mate, sorry. Wink

Round 3 Complete!

Madboyz defeat Sinners in a Division 1 walkover. Points awarded, 14-0.

Creepers defeat Biters in Division 2. Biters forfeit as no contact made. 14-0.

2 forfeits is much better than we've done so far. Thanks to everyone who got their game in over the weekend. Div 2 is almost back on track thanks to you newly promoted. Well done guys. The Premier is, of course, faultless, and Div 1 would be too if it wasn't for the fact that pharaoh seems to have vanished?

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, Pharaoh and I were in contact and nearly played before he forfeited... but since then he has dropped off...

Keep up the good work guys! And I do know that there were several QPool games played as well, incl the Donuts getting a last gasp draw against the Trasheaters... there are some nice teams developing in the QPool... look out you divisional guys!!
cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Madboyz 2 beat the anvils 0

an unlucky game for the anvils... only 1 casualty a 2db my choice against my ogre... knocked down, SI and the apoth failed too...

looks like it'll be the madboyz and the skinks fighting it out for top spot in div 1

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Says who cata?
cataphract

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

me

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 07:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn I hope not. My skinks are surviving now due to handicap rolls in div 1, but only the one saurus with any skills is really starting to frustrate me and I really don't want to play up another weight division Razz

The skinks rolled past Bring it Zon in their highest scoring match ever I think, 4-2, and yet still only narrowly avoided another FF drop. 3 times a skink was in the right place to catch a bouncing ball leading to two scores, while a zon dodged straight between two skinks (got to get some diving tackle there) for one of theirs, and yet twice my break tackle saurus was knocked over on a 1+ dodge (he didn't dodge very often). Just the one injury in the game, a skink will be slumbering through the next match after taking a rock to the noggin. On the plus side there are now 3 ag4 skinks in the lineup, but they get nervous every time they look at the unskilled pile of lizard supposedly guarding them...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Have no fear Faulcon - The Dragons will kick your scaly hide to prevent you from moving to the Premier League... Besides, nobody wants to see Lizards in the Premier... they're way too ugly!!

Us Norsemen are much more suited I am sure you'll agree!
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, the lizards might not be looking forward to promotion but they certainly aren't going to play below their ability... I can't say I like having to rely on the handicap roll to even things out though Razz
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Carlton United met the Zen Adepts last night and gave them a solid thumping!

Carlton defeat Zen 3-0

Starting off with a 5 turn Riot, Carlton were left with just enough time to score in the first half. Zen got ready for the grind in the second but were foiled by Carlton's wizard who cracked their cage wide open, enabling Carlton to score their second. The third was just icing on the cake! Very Happy
With Carlton actually managing to equal the Adepts in the casualties, they take home 13 League Points, launching to the top where they belong (this is where I boast endlessly for the next week and a half before losing miserably and plummeting into Div 1 Wink ).

Match Report to come...
 Jump to: