39 coaches online • Server time: 12:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 02:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Please be forthcoming with the schedules of your games, and also with your predictions, predelictions and portents. Also feel free to crack the smack talking and walk the tall walking.

Wassup my brothers?

I want your Fluff.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %11, %2011 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

My predictions:

Qualifier I

Antipopes have a good start, but are pretty beat up after their match. This is going to come down to a clash of giant orc teams, but Jimjo's gonna end up on top with his ridiculous blitzer.
Prediction: Jimjo's Dead Anarchists 3 - 0 DeMoorck's Box Says No

Qualifier II

Yuck, looking through this list makes me tired. There are 4-5 dwarf teams that have what it takes to win. The High Elves have had a great start already, unfortunately they are wizardless for their next match (which should be against ACEII Brotherhood) looks tough. Both vamp teams look good, but will be in tatters by the end of this qualifier. Only one has count, but they probably won't have him in the second match. I think PurpleChest's team looks best in the end, I'm not so sure who his opponent will be but I'm rooting for the elves.

Prediction: PurpleChest's Nasty Little Purple Things 2 - 1 Wreckage's Nother Try

Qualifier III

Big Hats and Rats. Despite both skaven teams being quite experienced and well coached, I think they're going to get pounded by all the freak bulls and Htharks in this qualifier. There are a lot of nice CD teams in here, so it's very hard to predict. This qualifier will probably be one of the most interesting to watch. In the end Treborius will take it with his troll, his blockers, and his massive wad of cash (Hthark and wizard every game!)

Prediction: Treborius' Ti[B]etan Hat Movement 3 - 1 Wolfmoon's L33t drofs suxxor

Qualifier IV

Most of the chaos team's don't look that scary. I think Circ and Alibaba will be fighting in the top semi-final, and the bottom finalist will be decided between Slex and I. Since I'm in this one not gonna make a final prediction.

Qualifier V

Humans with some lizards. Ulric and Stonetroll's teams have the best records by far, but Ulric doesn't have the cash to pull in the stars to win it. Pacosillas' humans are the strongest and have tons of cash, but a bit of a weak record. After a few hard fought matches in the lower half of the qualifier, Stonetroll will face soultoken in the end.

Prediction: Stonetroll's NetBackers 2 - 0 Soultoken's Red vs [B]lue

Qualifier VI

Lots of ogres and two Rotters. The one rotter looks unprepared and will be destroyed by the end of the qualifier. None of the ogres seems that remarkable, and a few also look like they could do with some more prep. With so many ogres this will probably be the most random qualifier. As fun as ogres with 6 dp skeletons would be, I'm cheering for Blackpox to win this one. But it's all going to come down to boneheads and injuries in this one.

Prediction: Gordreg's Blackpox 3 - 1 Some random Ogre team

Qualifier VII

Lots of elf balling here. I think Welfos would come up on top of the wood elf pile (their treeman is beautiful), but I think most of the welves aren't prepared to deal with Balle's vicious Norsemen.

Prediction: Balle2000's Sven Frenzysco 69ers 3 - 2 Bill Brasky's Lithe Avengers (in overtime)

Qualifier VIII

This may shock some, but I'm pretty sure Khemri will take it. Seriously though, this one will come down to the meanest, toughest Khemri team. Which means any team who didn't plan ahead by saving Ramtut money is probably guaranteed to lose. My money is on Bones Incorporatet or Transcients for the final, with Transcients taking it in the end (tons of dodge).

MithrilPoints Transcients 1 - 0 Moesis' Bones Incorporatet
maznaz

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjj wrote:
My predictions:
Qualifier III

Big Hats and Rats. Despite both skaven teams being quite experienced and well coached, I think they're going to get pounded by all the freak bulls and Htharks in this qualifier. There are a lot of nice CD teams in here, so it's very hard to predict. This qualifier will probably be one of the most interesting to watch. In the end Treborius will take it with his troll, his blockers, and his massive wad of cash (Hthark and wizard every game!)

Prediction: Treborius' Ti[B]etan Hat Movement 3 - 1 Wolfmoon's L33t drofs suxxor

A shock straight away here, as your pick is dumped out by Gitzbang's rats, taking no injuries and picking up 90k in the process!

Maybe that stockpiled cash can be donated to the Antipopes. Wink
Calthor

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Some predictions:
Qualifier I
I'm guessing one of the bigger Orc teams will take the victory. I'm guessing SuperB BlorcS.

Qualifier II
Nasty Little Purple Things look decent and are coached by a more than decent coach. They'll meet their doom in the final of the qualifier against ACEII Brotherhood though.

Qualifier III
I'm rooting for the Comeback of Losers skaven team, as long as they aren't going to be beat up to much.

Qualifier IV
Alibaba's Blackbox Brotherhood are looking good with a nice amount of Guard, important against other Chaos. However, I'm not counting out some of the Dark Elves, like CircularLogic's team.

Qualifier V
Neophyte's 1893 Besenbrück should make it through relatively easy. If not, I'd say it's going to be TSV 1980 Maxvorstadt. Either way, humans will come out.

Qualifier VI
Unless one of the Ogre teams is one a total rampage the right moment, it'll be Blackpox to win this one.

Qualifier VII
Welfos. That teams looks clean and perfected and the Norse team really isn't going to take this away from the wood elves.

Qualifier VIII
Whos to say? The Khemri that hits the hardest wins... And I'd love to see some of that action!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, just noticed this thread, so I will copy my post from the other thread;

The Mice in Black have infiltrated this years tournament, but due to some confusion on the sewer systems, seem to have sprung up in the Chaos Dwarves area >.<

My match against Maznaz will take place at 7:30pm BBTime on Sunday.

Please feel free to post your scheduled match times, so we can know when to be online to spectate!

Thanks
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2010 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict the following races in the final 8:
- orc
- dwarf
- chaos dwarf
- dark elf (maybe amazon)
- human (maybe lizardman)
- ogre
- wood elf
- khemri

This is good news for the ogres, because of all these, the only ones likely to give them a fit are dark elves, amazons and wood elves (and only 2 of those 3 can make it in). The other races (with not enough dodge and/or agility) don't stand much of a chance of beating a good ogre coach. And if by any chance wood elves and dark elves/amazons face dwarves and chaos dwarves before playing the ogres, they'll either get eliminated or hurt enough to give the ogres a chance!

Skeletal goblins ftw!
Pjj

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2010 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
Pjj wrote:
My predictions:
Qualifier III

A shock straight away here, as your pick is dumped out by Gitzbang's rats, taking no injuries and picking up 90k in the process!

Maybe that stockpiled cash can be donated to the Antipopes. Wink

I guess it's not about how big your hat is, but how you use it.
treborius

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2010 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjj wrote:
I guess it's not about how big your hat is, but how you use it.

hehe, true - the match wasn't much of a skill-demonstration on my part.
it all started in t1, when i setup for a crowdpush on my bull... Confused (didn't happen as he was bh'd anyway)
I feel, i really should've made the equalizing 1:1 in t8 of 2nd half, with good chances for a 2:1 - win in ot, but it just wasn't my day Sad

'guess doing my 2008-taxes the night before didn't really help, either Rolling Eyes

gratz to Gitzbang and his rats for a deserved win - no mng and some cash should give his team quite a boost! Smile
Ulrik

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Soultoken and I will play our game tomorrow (wednsday) evening sometime after 21.00 bbtime, depending on when my daughter falls asleep, and a few other things that need doing..
Looking forward to dodging all your rocks fans Wink
tsjeppesen

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Pjj wrote:
My predictions:

Qualifier I

Antipopes have a good start, but are pretty beat up after their match. This is going to come down to a clash of giant orc teams, but Jimjo's gonna end up on top with his ridiculous blitzer.
Prediction: Jimjo's Dead Anarchists 3 - 0 DeMoorck's Box Says No

\o/ Due to some nifty ghouls the Undead are still in it \o/

And since we kicked one of the predicted final teams, that spot must go to us:)

On a more serious note the Antipopes are up next and for that The Count has promises to pop by and lend a hand so who knows.

-tsjeppesen
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

In a hard fought first half, my darkies just showed Pakrovejas, that he just Can't touch this!. After the first half against a chaos that was refusing to field his only ball carrier and instead put their cas-legend on the pitch, the DE managed to extract the ball on defense and score for the 2-0 lead at halftime. After that, the chaos didn`t even try to draw but instead used the fact that they had bought the ref. Darkies scored the 3-0 after stalling and got away with only 1 SI (from a 1 assist foul).

Last edited by CircularLogic on %b %02, %2010 - %20:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Frankenstein

Post 21 Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder, is there any other abomination in the tournament which could possibly compete with Image Dibur, Eurekä's blodgesidestepping ST 5 dwarf?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno.. Pak`s ballcarrier has ST5 AG4 block surehands. I think that is even better.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think +dodge +sidestep +MA beat the +AGI +AV the chaos warrior has myself.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2010 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
I wonder, is there any other abomination in the tournament which could possibly compete with Image Dibur, Eurekä's blodgesidestepping ST 5 dwarf?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7066375
 Jump to: