31 coaches online • Server time: 09:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the cheering for offence/defence as with the current system players don't always know who is being cheered or booed

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I want a "Go red!", then both coaches playing will be happy.
Stinkytroll

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ANYTHING that suggests an action to a coach should be avoided at all costs. I do like the idea of the chirping crickets, and also think that whistling wouldn't be too far fetched either.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Does it have to be sound only based? I often turn off sound, play music, etc. I'd love if there'd be a (optional) text line triggering alongside spectator sounds in the chat window. To prevent flooding the comment section I'd limit the same "cheer" to be displayed only every few minutes at max. Usually the same sound is played by loads of people at the same time to the same action anyway; summing up those with one entry in the chatlog should be enough.
On1

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

10 guys cheering just sounds sooo amazing Smile
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

After watching some World Cup matches, I'm certain the new client needs:

/vuvuzela

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I was suggesting a crickets sound a bit earlier.

Here is something I found that I think would work well:

CRICKETS
xyon

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with alot of the suggestions. I'd really like to see "what the heck?" or 'what are you thinking?" kind of sound, for when a coach does something so dumb or confusing you dont understand why they'd do such a thing. You know, like what I do most of the time.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
Does it have to be sound only based? I often turn off sound, play music, etc. I'd love if there'd be a (optional) text line triggering alongside spectator sounds in the chat window. To prevent flooding the comment section I'd limit the same "cheer" to be displayed only every few minutes at max. Usually the same sound is played by loads of people at the same time to the same action anyway; summing up those with one entry in the chatlog should be enough.

I agree here, when you turn the sound off there should be no text of what sound was just played as this can be just as distracting to a coach as the sounds themselves. Had a few games w/ unknown specs barraging me w/ sounds where i've turned it off only to still be distracted by the constant text of the sounds in the chat box.

On another note, I like the D-Fence D-Fence, Crickets & Lets Go Of-Fence!

'Bloodweiser, get your bloodweiser here' is really cool as well, but I don't think it really has a place in the specs sounds choices. Maybe it could be put into the game as a random sound bite that comes up every once in a while along w/ some other random novel sounds?

~B

Edit: Just thought of this, how bout a 'wha, wha, wha' type of sound for disappointing plays?

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Necessary crowd noises ought to include:

"My Gran could have scored that one!"
capnpaco

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like "come on ref!" I often boo the ref, but it would be nice to clarify that I'm booing the ref, not the fouler. Crickets and "What were you thinking" are good too.

So yeah, basically I like booing, but I want to be more clear about what I'm booing about Smile
capnpaco

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

An automatic "surfs up" or some kind of surfing music riff after a crowd surf would be awesome too. I know we can't let specs do it, because that's coaching, but it would be pretty sweet if the client did it automatically.
LordVader82

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

How about the voice from the Mortal Kombat games, "FATALITY!"?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What about a /heckle command, that would randomly generate a generic insult:

1. "Ya bunch 'o sissies!"
2. "Go back where ya came from!"
3. "Get a haircut!"
4. etc.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Spectators demanding fouls has very little to do with tactics.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: