19 coaches online • Server time: 05:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a catcher. They get A access, so DC was a regular roll.

I don't think it's a skill selection issue for the +AG, I think it's a "how many injuries do I let this +AG guy take before he's not worth it" issue. Presumably this was once a bright up-and-coming catcher who either aged or was injured and lost his luster. If you think "what do you want to do with your +AG guy" a lot of it involves getting to places and doing things when you get there (passing, scoring, dodging). If instead of +AG, this catcher were to have +ST, Guard, and SS, I wouldn't mind the -ma/-ma so much, since his role would be different.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
bxnyc

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

nourse doubles on linos should be dauntless help protect the glass jaw.
On1

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

kwèk wrote:
Just keep the +AG
You never know when you need it, with ma 4 he can still try to get to the ball and pass.

Just put the guy on the line of scrimage, dont use the apo on him.

For all the guys that don't take the +AG, what else would you pick?
I mean, tackle? on ma 4? Eventually I dont really think there is something better then +AG (unless you have some weird plan)

And wth did you take diving catch on a doube annyway? Guard on norse, or dodge if you have enough guard (but like most coaches say... you never have enough guard).

Oh yeah, whats better then +AG ... Dirty player?
But even then, you would grant him a longer lifespan then he really deserves. But he would still be usefull for the quick boot-kill!

People are not talking about taking the +AG or not.. They are talking about retire or not.. O_o the post said: bla bla just gained -ma again..

this post really has nothing to do with the skill choice of +AG
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

bxnyc wrote:

Possibly one would get dauntless, my team currently has 3 lino doubles.

Most go guard, I go dodge. Which makes catchers even more valuable.
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
bxnyc wrote:

Possibly one would get dauntless, my team currently has 3 lino doubles.

Most go guard, I go dodge. Which makes catchers even more valuable.

I feel Guard is a nicer doubles in general. A daunt or two is fine, either as a second doubles or just for playing bigger, stronger teams regularly. Guard is just too handy though with all the Frenzy the team has. The more places you can stick an assist, the less likely the Frenzy is to backfire on you.
bxnyc

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

It is nigh impossible to field more guard that a good portion of the teams out there w/o lots of doubles.

So unless you are trying to play them like eleves (stupid cherry pickers) play your norse vs all commers Very Happy (maybe not stacked c/rsc)
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If he had Block or Side Step or Dirty Player instead of Diving Catch (useless skill) I could see keeping him for Line Fodder maybe. But he is WAY to slow to be of any more use than that. You should probably fire him.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless and dodge are nice but guard is invaluable for norse. Thats why I think you should max out on blitzers first - you get your guard block alot earlier and a little easier.

Were_M_Eye wrote:
I was about to say keep, but with diving catch.... worst skill in the game. Fire him.

Yeah, with Ma4 he would just about be useful but the wasted skill is like having another stat loss.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

looked like he was sacked. I would have kept him, but I'm not a smart man.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fire.