10 coaches online • Server time: 05:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Dear FFB Testers,

I would like to ask you again to take a bit of your time to confirm bugfixes and close or reopen them accordingly. This is the last step in the bug handling procedure, but important nonetheless - I will simply lose track otherwise. It would be cool if reporting a bug would also make you feel "responsible" for it until it is resolved completely.

There are currently 25 unapproved fixes in the Bug Reporting System. You need to select the "Resolved" status for the "Fantasy Football" project to see them all.

Mind that there are some bugs marked as fixed for the upcoming version (so please check the version number), those cannot be confirmed yet, of course.

Thanks for your help.
Kalimar
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the amount of bugtesting would increase if you could play stand-alone games.

edit: Uhm.. By that i also meant it would be easier to help verify the fixed bugs Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, that if possible, a way to play against yourself on the site and not have the games count would be a great bug testing mechanism. Plus numerous other advantages.

I don't think it needs to be stand-alone, just a way to designate a game as a 'friendly' where any two coaches can play each other or you can play yourself and nothing is uploaded.

This way I would be more than happy to track down bugs. Right now I rarely have the time for a full game, and when I do, I must admit I am selfish and play versus test.

I know it is a small condolence, but the fact that so many people are playing instead of bug testing, shows the client is very mature already.

That said, I will try and concentrate more on bug testing, we all owe it to you at the very least for your hard work. Very Happy
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatball, you can just end the game prematurely Razz That way nothing gets uploaded.. that's sort of how we bug test now Smile
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep i have done that a few times, the only issue is that your closed game is listed as open for an age. What is the length of time a game is left open for? and does it automatically 'close' the game if one of the teams involved finished a different game?
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure but it is easier if you don't need to have a 2nd coach before you can start testing.

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Yep i have done that a few times, the only issue is that your closed game is listed as open for an age. What is the length of time a game is left open for? and does it automatically 'close' the game if one of the teams involved finished a different game?

I don't know how long a game stays open, but a couple of builds ago I had a game with a player who had to leave. We resumed the following night after he had played one or two games with the same team and gained new players and skills. When we resumed his team was as it was when we started.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

A game will stay open indefinitely. In fact it was probably only removed upon one of my database purges. An adminsitrator can close a game via an admin command. Open games are not going to be a problem once FFB is fully integrated, because then you cannot start a new game with your team before the old one is finished (or conceded, or removed by an admin). So it is for testing only that u don't need to finish games atm.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have checked out the bugs i had reported that was fixed. One was fixed, unfortunatelly, two other wasn't.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

@Lakrillo: Ow, sorry! Sad

I'll come up with something to ease testing. I'm currently thinking on a third client mode: tester (the other 2 being player and spectator). This mode would allow to login twice (u still need 2 different teams, though) and play without result uploading. You'll also get a command to influence the next dice rolls to recreate a certain situation. So that if u want to test a failed Take Root with a succeesful loner reroll you would give a /roll 1 4 2 command.

Does that sound good to you?
ultwe

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@Lakrillo: Ow, sorry! Sad

I'll come up with something to ease testing. I'm currently thinking on a third client mode: tester (the other 2 being player and spectator). This mode would allow to login twice (u still need 2 different teams, though) and play without result uploading. You'll also get a command to influence the next dice rolls to recreate a certain situation. So that if u want to test a failed Take Root with a succeesful loner reroll you would give a /roll 1 4 2 command.

Does that sound good to you?

would be ace

<joke>Does the ability to roll specific target really need to be confined to a 'tester' mode? Think of all the rng discussions you could kill with such a feature Smile </joke>

more seriously, would the work involved in creating such a mode warrant the effort, though?

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be an awesome mode!

Not only would it be good for testing, but there are all kinds of benefits from having it, such as;
- teaching a friend to play
- working on formations at your leisure and saving them for real games to save time
- working on strategy
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow.. That would be even better Kalimar Razz Also for the reasons given by Whatball.! i know i would test more stuff! Prepare to receive crazy crazy bug reports!
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be a nice feature. I was lucky to get a fumbled TTM and reroll a fumbled TTM to be able to confirm a bug i had reported to solved. Very Happy
 Jump to: