89 coaches online • Server time: 21:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Speaking of side views...
I've been wondering how important they are. Would it be so bad to not have them, and instead just an outline for selected players? Probably something to ask in another thread.

Not that I approve of the continuous bumping of this thread, however:

I've been doing some 'one piece' icons, for my main thing if/once league goes custom. Instead of side views I'm doing 'action' views. The most simple being exactly the same icon with an arm lifted.

However, because stunty is also in league, I think to be uniform, they should keep as close to the NK style as is possible.

My main feeling is though, is that stunties in general are too small. I've done some goblins and halflings, but am not overly happy yet.

My findings are:

Flings - 2 pixels wider, 1 pixel taller.
Goblins - 2 pixels wider, 2 pixels taller (however the head is normal sized).
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the feedback.

To clarify, Any future icons I do for this sized client will be the same, with a side view. I am thinking of a starting from scratch type of project regarding no side views. Would save some 500 icons to do I suspect...

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well personally, I think the side views generally add something. If we didn't have them, I don't think it would be worth the effort in doing them. However as we already have them, I think if icons were to be updated, not having side views would generally be viewed negatively.
FreeRange

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2012 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

speaking of stunty icons, are they located in the same file with all the other icons?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2012 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

FreeRange wrote:
speaking of stunty icons, are they located in the same file with all the other icons?

you can find some stunty icons packs in the downloads section of the site
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

just a quick update...i'm going through the star thread this week to get an idea of what i'm working with...

i want to try and get a rough draft on the stars by the weekend, and finish it next week, so i can hopefully push it live soon after....

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2012 - 05:04 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
just a quick update...i'm going through the star thread this week to get an idea of what i'm working with...

i want to try and get a rough draft on the stars by the weekend, and finish it next week, so i can hopefully push it live soon after....

--j

PM me if you want the spreadsheet to work with.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2012 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

update from christer...

196 icons updated for the league...

stars are in limbo right now...it sounds like they might not have converted over, so i've put a priority on evaluating the star rosters to get them implemented quickly...

should have some news next week...

--j

ImageImage
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any "official ruling" on how to handle the secret weapons while there is no final solution? Right now there are no players with the secret weapon trait, and that leads players to confusion and situations like "you can't play with your fanatic anymore".

And as a side note, while ball&chain isn't properly working, adding no-hands trait to ball&chain players would be necessary. Right now you can use a fanatic as an ag3 st6 carrier...

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I get ya Wink

First off lets get a side view of this freaker Image He is really cool Very Happy

Is this some sort of Undelephant with a golden trunk?

Either way, it looks cool as hell... He needs to be a new stunty star!
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings, you mad Stunty o holics.

I've deliberately stayed away from all of the Stunty threads, I'm not one for 400 roster submissions, each more bananas than the last.

That said, I'd like to start back up, since I see games being played and teams on gamefinder. I wonder, is there anywhere with the rosters written out as they are now, including Inducement access? I presume things have changed for FFB, and would like a peruse before I go for my guns. Had a brief search, got nowhere.

Cheers!
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Goo, Stunty is awesome, but as you are probably aware, a little broken right now with no Secret Weapon skill.

The rosters are all here: http://fumbbl.com/help:StuntyRosters

A few teams are overpowered because of it, namely Cheaters, Skryre, Snotlings (imagine), and C'Flings. With some love Stunty could be balanced out nicely for a lot of laughs and mayhem.

And I think you are being a little hard on the new rosters, I think there are a few really good proposals in the mix, some better than some of the current teams.

Will look for you on pitch!

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and you asked about inducements. Currently all of the FFB inducements are available, but no stars.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Goo was referring to the different pricing for things like bribes that occured in the past (as well as halfling chefs etc). My personal thought is to leave them all as CRP normal, and then see from there where we might tweak it. (IE cheaters would still have to pay full price for bribes, at least for now)
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.

I've an inglorious history with the division in more ways than one, so it's best I stay out of 0-16 mini Marines. Wink

I'll be taking to the pitch soon.
 Jump to: