25 coaches online • Server time: 08:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't read your post properly, Whatball, and had me some hardcore Cheater action. Smile

Still, once I'd found all the weapons stayed on, it was all good fun.
JackRose

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think Chaos Halflings are overpowered. If anything, they are underpowered. Also, the page you linked to is in desperate need of an update. It's still stuck in some previous version of the league.

But yes, Stunty is awesome!
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

JackRose wrote:
I don't think Chaos Halflings are overpowered. If anything, they are underpowered. Also, the page you linked to is in desperate need of an update. It's still stuck in some previous version of the league.

But yes, Stunty is awesome!

2 regen mino and 2 chainsaws with no rejection in a av6/7 league. That is quite powerful.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I didn't read your post properly, Whatball, and had me some hardcore Cheater action. Smile

Still, once I'd found all the weapons stayed on, it was all good fun.

Naughty boy, I would never do anything like that by using cheaters. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
2 regen mino and 2 chainsaws with no rejection in a av6/7 league. That is quite powerful.

You'd think so, but experience shows otherwise. Chainsaws kick back and hurt their user if they get knocked down; they generally don't last on the field long even without Secret Weapon. And minotaurs are Wild Animal Loners who will spend half the game standing around roaring at something. I'm not saying they are terrible; but even without Secret Weapon implemented I think they are fair, and only win about half their games.
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

JackRose wrote:
Ehlers wrote:

You'd think so, but experience shows otherwise. Chainsaws kick back and hurt their user if they get knocked down; they generally don't last on the field long even without Secret Weapon. And minotaurs are Wild Animal Loners who will spend half the game standing around roaring at something. I'm not saying they are terrible; but even without Secret Weapon implemented I think they are fair, and only win about half their games.

I somewhat agree with this. I don't think they're underpowered at all, but I don't think they're as bad as others think they are. They can be quite devastating if their chainsaws do well, but with AV 6, the team can easily get demolished themselves. I think the people that think chaos halflings are overpowered probably have just played against them and had a bad game, but never actually played the team themselves. They are a really all-or-nothing team and over time, that 6 AV catches up to them. Their turnover rate is insane.

My Chaos Halfling team started off really well, but then they started getting destroyed game after game and got caught in a death spiral. I was never able to get a full roster going. I had far too much turnover and never had enough money. Also, with AV 8 and regen, you'd think the minotaurs would hold really well, but they don't. I've seen many die, my own included. I was spectating two games at once one night and a mino died in one game and I immediately switched to the other and a mino got killed in that one too! It was pretty funny. They're really expensive, though, so when you lose one, it really hurts. Plus, wild animal makes them useless a lot of the time. They're only good with tentacles on them and even then, they often end up nowhere near where you need them.

So, yeah, they're a good team, but not THAT good. Certainly not overpowered. They remind me a lot of Norse, capable of doing a lot of damage if the dice go their way, but a stiff wind can blow the whole team apart.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2012 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I'm not sure if it's the Twin Mino death you were talking about, but I remember when my Block Mino died; and it turned out that within minutes another Chaos Fling Mino had also died, so I posted it in the game report.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we get a status update on this please?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:

On what exactly?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The twin mino death?

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Sigmar1 wrote:

On what exactly?

shadow46x2 wrote:
just a quick update...i'm going through the star thread this week to get an idea of what i'm working with...

i want to try and get a rough draft on the stars by the weekend, and finish it next week, so i can hopefully push it live soon after....

--j

That was back in March/ April. In early August we had heard that the new stars/ icons would be implemented into CRP with the updated client. I believe we'd also been informed that shadow was getting prepared to do a serious review of all the new teams in preparation for potentially adding some.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2012 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh.

I'm sending the new pack of icons with the remaining stars to Christer later today. Hopefully they will be added soon after.
 Jump to: