36 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
So, for the record, I can quote you as saying you think a roster of only snotlings with no max on how many are on pitch is awesome, right!

oh hell yeah, i think that's a great idea....and if i recall correctly, at one point in time, either it was a real rule, or it was a discussion to make it so, that snots could field as many as they wanted...

..not sure where i'm remembering that from though

--j

ImageImage
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2010 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Real Life?

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2011 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

some optional rules from some bbbookmagazinethingy was:

Snot coach rolled d3 or d6 or somettin' before each kickoff to see how many extra snotlings could be fielded. Then a d6 was rolled for each extra snot to see if ref noticed it... don't remember if there was some penalty for being noticed other than the snot not getting on field...

There were other special rules for them in the same article too, but i can't remember them. All I remember is it was fun team to play with, even won 1 game with them...
Quetzalcoatl

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Will the LRB4 Stunty go away when Stunty is ported to FFB? What are the prospects for keeping an LRB4 Stunty league running at the same time as the new FFB Stunty? I like the LRB4 Stunty and would like the option of playing the LRB4 rules. At a minimum, it would be nice for coaches who play Stunty to try the new FFB and compare before LRB4.
Ancre

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quetzalcoatl wrote:
Will the LRB4 Stunty go away when Stunty is ported to FFB? What are the prospects for keeping an LRB4 Stunty league running at the same time as the new FFB Stunty? I like the LRB4 Stunty and would like the option of playing the LRB4 rules. At a minimum, it would be nice for coaches who play Stunty to try the new FFB and compare before LRB4.

Stunty players' base is so small that I hope it won't be cut in two. I'd rather see everyone in FFB or in LRB4. That said, with leagues in LRB4 there might be place for a league with the old lrb4 stunty rosters.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

oh hell yeah, i think that's a great idea....and if i recall correctly, at one point in time, either it was a real rule, or it was a discussion to make it so, that snots could field as many as they wanted...

..not sure where i'm remembering that from though

You are right v2.0 you could field up to 32 snotlings, you had to roll a die at the start of each drive to see how many extra snotlings you could sneak past the ref compared to last drive. The theory being that the ref couldn't tell one from another or keep track of the little green guys.

The Snotling Pump Wagon also just to get extra credit if it went off the pitch and caused crowd CAS's, in fact it was easier to get skills this way than by hitting other players!!

I think stunty is going to be fantastic when moved over, as long as the rosters are adjusted correctly and the secret weapons don't all get sent off after a few turns. This would kill teams like goblin cheaters.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

the weapons are one of the problems i'm coming across during the migration.......once i'm ready to ship the roster modifications to the ffb team, i'll work with them on a good solution

--j

ImageImage
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
the weapons are one of the problems i'm coming across during the migration.......once i'm ready to ship the roster modifications to the ffb team, i'll work with them on a good solution

--j

I think the best solution to this is include bribes in the teams TV and on their roster permanently (like Rerolls) Goblin cheats should be able to buy them at half the price, maybe make them 80K for everyone and 40k for goblin cheats. That would bring a nice balance to the game IMO.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way that you can increase the journeyman limit to 13 players? This would make Stunty games much more fun as an 11 man stunty team will always struggle. And, as been said before, couldn't you just remove the secret weapon skill from various weapons? Stunty is about mayhem, and therefore it woud be good fun to have weapons staying on the pitch.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that journeymen need to change as replacement players are very cheap and due to the new inducements there could be a lot of new players created especially for stunty (job opportunity for someone)

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
couldn't you just remove the secret weapon skill from various weapons? Stunty is about mayhem, and therefore it woud be good fun to have weapons staying on the pitch.

I dont think it should be removed completely, there still needs to be a chance for removal, this was the main tactic for beating Goblin Cheats, quick score get their player sent off. It added a nice extra dimension to playing them. I think roster bribes are the way forward that way there will be a 1 in 6 chance of ejection and also there will be extra thought put into how you approach a game because you will want to try and force your opponent into using all their bribes up quickly.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

keep in mind....

i'm not asking the FFB team to implement special rules beyond what's already implemented, on behalf of the division....they've got enough work just keeping the client in working order

--j

ImageImage
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
keep in mind....

i'm not asking the FFB team to implement special rules beyond what's already implemented, on behalf of the division....they've got enough work just keeping the client in working order

--j

Would making Bribes be part of the roster come under this, similarly would removing secret weapon from all the players come under this?

Because I thought these would just be a small change to the something on the sites rather than a change to the rules of the client.

But then I dont really understand this top level stuff.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Removing or adding skills is a roster thing, so that would not require extra work on the client. Not sure if we can pass on bribes along with the roster while loading at the moment, but it might be something we could look at maybe.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
when i breached

Here's what happened last time Shadow breached. I'm just glad Lakrillo is okay!

Jump to: