18 coaches online • Server time: 04:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
when i breached

Here's what happened last time Shadow breached. I'm just glad Lakrillo is okay!
We all take the michael out of Shadow, but we love him for looking after stunty!!!!

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

mr-maverick wrote:
pizzamogul wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
when i breached

Here's what happened last time Shadow breached. I'm just glad Lakrillo is okay!
We all take the michael out of Shadow, but we love him for looking after stunty!!!!

We do? Confused

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Macavity wrote:
So, for the record, I can quote you as saying you think a roster of only snotlings with no max on how many are on pitch is awesome, right!

oh hell yeah, i think that's a great idea....

Yey, with two such snotling teams I should be able to finish my infinite Snotling Accelerator by adding 6 players to the self-push scenario: http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=445910#445910
With enough (over 30 something) players on the pitch, the infinitely pushed player could even be the blocker itself!
I'm not sure whether the client can handle it, but still: go stunty madness! Very Happy
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
Macavity wrote:
So, for the record, I can quote you as saying you think a roster of only snotlings with no max on how many are on pitch is awesome, right!

oh hell yeah, i think that's a great idea....

Yey, with two such snotling teams I should be able to finish my infinite Snotling Accelerator by adding 6 players to the self-push scenario: http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=445910#445910
With enough (over 30 something) players on the pitch, the infinitely pushed player could even be the blocker itself!
I'm not sure whether the client can handle it, but still: go stunty madness! Very Happy
As i mentioned previously in the post you used to be able to field up to 32 snotlings per team (assuming the ref was blind enough), Is the pitch big enough for that type of wheel (imagine if they all had sidestep too Confused)

Post 12 Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the current way of implementing pushbacks propably does not make the infinite or multisquarepushing possible.

My feeling how the client currently works:
A pushes B, (A movement into stack), B chainpushes C (B movement), C pushing (C movement into stack), change C coordinates, change B coordinates, change A coordinates. Or something.

So if there would be an 4 people circular chainpush, A->B->C->A (now in the square of original B)->B(in square of C) etc, the client wouldn't change the positions so the pushing sequence would in effect be A->B->C->B->C... and the result would still be that A would be in the square of B, B in square of C and C in the square it was finally pushed to in order to end the infinite chainpushing.

I have a feeling that it wouldn't be liked if such a thing was claimed to be a bug, as this all is speculative so far. I guess the future will show how things will sort itself out, I will wait for it eagerly. Smile

If somebody has more accurate picture of the workings of the client, please feel free to correct my thoughts. I may be wrong.

Regarding to your question of 32+32 snotling infinite loop, it would be like this:
Code:
...xxx.
.xxbcx.
.xa..dx
.xox.ex
x1x8fxx
x2xx7x.
x3x.6x.
xx45x..
..xxx..

43 players total. Original blocker would be o. The push sequence goes 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-o-a-b-c-d-e-f->(loop)7 and to again -8-o-a-b-c-d-e-f-7... . With this loop you can cycle the players 78oabcdef into any offset you wish given patience and you can push anyone of them out to any x next to the loop. Maximum distance that any single player could move in the construct with the single block is 5 squares.

Interesting philosophical question is, what happens if o now decides to follow-up the 1 after it itself has been pushed some squares away from the point of push? Wink

I think it may have been more than a coincidence that there are not enough players, even with the cards, in FFB to construct these scenarios. I am not certain however if this sort of scenarios is perhaps liked in the Stunty Leeg.

In any case, I await the FFB Stunty Leeg with great anticipation. Cheers onto all that are working to make it possible! Very Happy

Edit: a bugfix
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2011 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

uuni wrote:
I believe the current way of implementing pushbacks propably does not make the infinite or multisquarepushing possible.

My feeling how the client currently works:
A pushes B, (A movement into stack), B chainpushes C (B movement), C pushing (C movement into stack), change C coordinates, change B coordinates, change A coordinates. Or something.

So if there would be an 4 people circular chainpush, A->B->C->A (now in the square of original B)->B(in square of C) etc, the client wouldn't change the positions so the pushing sequence would in effect be A->B->C->B->C... and the result would still be that A would be in the square of B, B in square of C and C in the square it was finally pushed to in order to end the infinite chainpushing.

I have a feeling that it wouldn't be liked if such a thing was claimed to be a bug, as this all is speculative so far. I guess the future will show how things will sort itself out, I will wait for it eagerly. Smile

If somebody has more accurate picture of the workings of the client, please feel free to correct my thoughts. I may be wrong.

Regarding to your question of 32+32 snotling infinite loop, it would be like this:
Code:
...xxx.
.xxbcx.
.xa..dx
.xox.ex
x1x8fxx
x2xx7x.
x3x.6x.
xx45x..
..xxx..

43 players total. Original blocker would be o. The push sequence goes 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-o-a-b-c-d-e-f->(loop)7 and to again -8-o-a-b-c-d-e-f-7... . With this loop you can cycle the players 78oabcdef into any offset you wish given patience and you can push anyone of them out to any x next to the loop. Maximum distance that any single player could move in the construct with the single block is 5 squares.

Interesting philosophical question is, what happens if o now decides to follow-up the 1 after it itself has been pushed some squares away from the point of push? Wink

I think it may have been more than a coincidence that there are not enough players, even with the cards, in FFB to construct these scenarios. I am not certain however if this sort of scenarios is perhaps liked in the Stunty Leeg.

In any case, I await the FFB Stunty Leeg with great anticipation. Cheers onto all that are working to make it possible! Very Happy

Edit: a bugfix
now include the original player with frenzy skill, lol

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

alright, all has been quiet on the stunty front....i've been keeping a low profile due to not wanting to interfere with kalimar/lakrillo/christer's work on the FFB migration....they've had their hands full getting the other divisions converted over step by step, but [S]tunty's time is quickly approaching...

my goal is to have work to them by the end of march so we can get the migration on the board, and start pushing things towards FFB soon....

i did a little bit of brainstorming with lakrillo this morning regarding the weapon issue, and we've come up with a few ideas that may work, which i'll address at a later point....the catch is finding what will impact the least on a coding level, but still be beneficial to the division without allowing any team to be crippled by LRB6 rules...

in addition, several rosters will be modified to match the new rules, with obsolete LRB4 skills be removed and replaced with LRB6 skills, or skills being changed entirely to suit the new ruleset...all of the changes will be announced when i pass the work over to the guys, and as i mentioned, i'll breach the weapon rules soon and get some input from the community....

with that being said, thanks for sticking with us, and i apologize about the lengthy delays, but hopefully the wait will be over soon...

--j

ImageImage
Garion

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great news Smile thanks for the update - more great times ahead.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That's good new, thanks! I'm really curious about how you (guys) will handle the weapons and how the rosters will change. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Is allowing teams to buy permanent bribes for their teams on the cards? That seems to be a small change that keeps the rest of the game mechanics the same, inasmuch as the change is on FUMBBL a minimally on the client itself.

Oscar Wilde
stej

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

POMB Stunty!! Bring on the pain!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2011 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Is allowing teams to buy permanent bribes for their teams on the cards? That seems to be a small change that keeps the rest of the game mechanics the same, inasmuch as the change is on FUMBBL a minimally on the client itself.

this was actually one of the ideas that lakrillo and i thought of...permanent vs temporary...iono...

like i said, i've got some more brainstorming to do, but i'll always take suggestions into consideration

--j

ImageImage
fabik

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

stunty rulez!

"Dho!"
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 06, 2011 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

bad necro, bad

Post   Posted: May 18, 2011 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

With league migrated over is a stunty up next?
 Jump to: