23 coaches online • Server time: 06:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
trying hard to migrate teams over as closely as possible to their LRB4 counterpart

I hope new LRB6 skills get some lovin' though - Titchy for one cries out for inclusion.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
trying hard to migrate teams over as closely as possible to their LRB4 counterpart

I hope new LRB6 skills get some lovin' though - Titchy for one cries out for inclusion.

Totally agree. I'm sure Titchy will show up on a number of teams as I think two-heads was being used to 'fake' the Titchy skill. (E.g. Snotlings)

I want to see some of the new skills on the teams. I think Wrestle and Fend could add some spice, as well as the obvious addition of Sneaky Git to a number of dirty Stunty players. Jugger and Grab on some of the bigger players would be fun too.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SvenS wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Shadow, let me know if you want/need a hand to make sure all the icons are together and ready for the new client. (No animations, etc.)

Looking forward to Stunty!

You can find the old icons in my sig!
Looking forward to stunty mayhem again! Very Happy

Thanks!
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2011 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:

My "version" of the Stunty rosters includes a fair dose of Titchy among other changes.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2011 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

alright...i just submitted the changes to the FFB team to start working on the migration....

very little has changed from LRB4 -> CRP, but there are a few tweaks here and there....obviously things like blunderbuss & RSC are out the window, and have been replaced with suitable skills...

on stunty/two heads vs titchy...

this was one of the things that was holding up the migration...i got into thinking about this for a long time, and the more i thought about it, the less i liked titchy as a replacement for either stunty or two heads....

for the initial migration, i wanted to hold off on making any major mechanic changes, because the division is already going into a major grey area....CRP is a much nastier place than LRB4 ever was...with stunty being a volatile place in LRB4, and soon to be that much more, i needed to see how things pan out before i start making major mechanical changes to team rosters....

i had a tough time determining exactly how titchy was going to play out as a replacement for either stunty or two heads, or as an additional skill, or any other kind of combination, and with that i wasn't entirely comfortable with putting the change into place yet....

with that being said, i am not against implementing the skill at a future time...

i don't want to just throw CRP skills in for the heck of it, because i truly feel like that's a major problem with the ruleset in general; too many skills added for the sake of adding skills....i'm not going to do that with stunty just because i can....if new skills are added, they're going to be added because they serve a purpose to a roster, and because they fit the team....

additionally, new rosters will be coming, and i'm open to suggestions that people have for their own, and that includes CRP skills being implemented through new roster sheets....

that's that for now....any questions, feel free to ask

--j

ImageImage
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2011 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Shadow.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2011 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Thanks Shadow.

+1
Aries

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2011 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
alright...i just submitted the changes to the FFB team to start working on the migration....

very little has changed from LRB4 -> CRP, but there are a few tweaks here and there....obviously things like blunderbuss & RSC are out the window, and have been replaced with suitable skills...

on stunty/two heads vs titchy...

this was one of the things that was holding up the migration...i got into thinking about this for a long time, and the more i thought about it, the less i liked titchy as a replacement for either stunty or two heads....

for the initial migration, i wanted to hold off on making any major mechanic changes, because the division is already going into a major grey area....CRP is a much nastier place than LRB4 ever was...with stunty being a volatile place in LRB4, and soon to be that much more, i needed to see how things pan out before i start making major mechanical changes to team rosters....

i had a tough time determining exactly how titchy was going to play out as a replacement for either stunty or two heads, or as an additional skill, or any other kind of combination, and with that i wasn't entirely comfortable with putting the change into place yet....

with that being said, i am not against implementing the skill at a future time...

i don't want to just throw CRP skills in for the heck of it, because i truly feel like that's a major problem with the ruleset in general; too many skills added for the sake of adding skills....i'm not going to do that with stunty just because i can....if new skills are added, they're going to be added because they serve a purpose to a roster, and because they fit the team....

additionally, new rosters will be coming, and i'm open to suggestions that people have for their own, and that includes CRP skills being implemented through new roster sheets....

that's that for now....any questions, feel free to ask

--j

I read this as Teams are submitted.

What now are we waiting on? What can we do to help Wink
stej

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

More news , more news , more news, etc
HLY

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
So, for the record, I can quote you as saying you think a roster of only snotlings with no max on how many are on pitch is awesome, right!

until you reasie that your opponent is noever moving into your half from the sheer number of side-stepping pests or at least for 4 turns...

I'd quite like to see stunty in CRP. the reason I didn;t play was because I couldn't get the icons to work, and that won't be a problem now.

I'd alsdo like to see the ability to buy secret weapons, perhaps like they where stats Very Happy
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm unclear as to the problem you are seeing.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm merely uncomfortable with the idea that snotlings would actually not suck...

it's a very foreign concept, you must admit :p
HLY

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
So, for the record, I can quote you as saying you think a roster of only snotlings with no max on how many are on pitch is awesome, right!

yes. yes it would be. just for how gosh-darn annoying it would be... Laughing
Knut_Rockie

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an update. I'm still committed to finishing the portraits for stunty, I've just been really busy of late and had no time to devote to it. By my reckoning I still need to complete Strigoyan, Pygmy, Gnome, Fairies, Chaos Halflings and Eshin Adpets and then the star players.
A fair amount of work to be sure but hopefully I'll have some the time to start making inroads on these soon, I've no idea how long it will take to complete at the moment. I'll post updates as I progress.
K_R
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2011 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

knut thanks for the support, and thanks for the update Smile

in regards to stunty, yes the migration plan has been handed off to the CRP team, and i'm keeping in contact with them...keep in mind they're also working on CRP as a whole, and not just the stunty portion, so they've got their work cut out for them...i know i've stated it plenty of times before, but have patience, and we'll make it Smile

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: