61 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2010 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok .... this topic will run for the duration of The Hunt.

It will contain all rules within this first post which will be edited. If new situations spring up during the tourney i will add them here, so check it on a semi-regular basis or if you have a query. Match reports with details of score and CAS (specifically a Tomay CAS) should be posted here as well, just remember to talk up your Tomay's game copying his own "humble" style! It is important that you keep at least a record of your points in the forum, as the tourney scoring system will not add points for a Tomay CAS.

Tourney page for applications:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3332

Rules:
1. This is for new FFB teams only. Apply them to Fringe and then to the link above. Once we have started and The Hunt is underway, there may be no games played outside of the tourney, until it is complete or your team is out.
2. It will be an open round robin arrangement. This means it is totally open. The only restriction is that you can only play each team only once. The number of games, who you play, and in what order is up to each individual. Of course the more games you play, the higher your chances of glory and the more chances of killing a Tomay.
3. Each team must contain an unskilled lineman (or lowest cost) called Tomay. The pic should be the classic "Aussie Ranga". It can be found by following this link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11178616/Aussie%20Ranga.jpg
4. +5pts for win, -1 per TD. +2 per normal CAS, +5(BH), +10(SI) or +15(RIP) for a Tomay CAS.
6. Once either Tomay is OFF the pitch for whatever reason, the game ends and players click thru turns, even if a Tomay would be able to return later on.
7. A Tomay may have an apothecary used on him. A Tomay may also have the regeneration skill save an injury. In either two cases, the match continues as long as both Tomays remain on the field of play and the last rolled injury is the one that counts.
8. A Tomay may not foul.
9. Handicaps or weather are not allowed to give a Tomay skills or positive bonuses or force him to not take the field. If required either restart (if at the beginning of the game) or click through turns.
10. If your Tomay gains a skill apart from what he starts with, you are out! Shame on you!
11. If your Tomay is killed you may continue by immediately buying one at the end of the game. If your Tomay is missing a match you must fire him and buy a new Tomay. Failure to do either of these two things means you are out of the tourney, so keep a little cash in the bank. You may also wish to replace your Tomay if he gains a few SPP.

And that's it at this stage....if you have any suggestions or queries post them here or grab me in irc. Some of the rules include situations which may not even be able to occur but have been included to make sure (hopefully) there are no exceptions. For coaches like me who have not used the new client, this is a friendly way to have a look. The games are usually quite quick and enjoyable, and God knows it will be nice to smash the living crap out of a Tomay!

Example forum match post:

dc's necro vs pat's undies.
match report (link)
A very quick affair with my wolves KOing Pat's hapless Tomay early. My Tomay was untouchable and easily the best player on the park.
dc: 0 (0 total)
pat: 0 (0 total)

"They both hunted from one end of the year to the other, without stopping and seemingly without fatigue. They loved only hunting, understood nothing else, talked only of that, lived only for that. They had at heart that one passion, which was terrible and inexorable. It consumed them, had completely absorbed them, leaving room for no other thought."
Patrician

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2010 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up - Pat's Undies are going to smash the lot of you!

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2010 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This may be the only way for people to beat me. Goodluck and welcome to the list participants Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2011 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Team in: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=639714
 Jump to: