13 coaches online • Server time: 06:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Horesco

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If so - what is the point - that's the whole reason I don't want to play cyanide - I just won't play here either.
If not, how do you go about reporting someone?
Enigma179

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you aren't allowed to turn down matchups in the box. If your opponent ditches, you send them a nice PM and wait 15 minutes, then get an admin to unschedule the game and try again. Presumably they keep a list of the ditchers and if they do it too much they're permabanned or something.

Don't worry, most folks here shouldn't be cowardly arses when it comes to going in the box, you probably just had bad luck.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope he has to play you after the game is drawn.
(Extract from the rules section)

"Matches
Don't start a game where there is a chance you won't be able to finish without your opponent knowing about it. Unless you state otherwise, you are expected to be able to play for 90 minutes.

Once a game is started or scheduled, you are committed to it and you are expected to play it through.

Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game.
No coach may under any circumstances simply abandon a game. Either concede or play on. This applies even if your opponent fouls your players every turn, delays a touchdown or does other things you may find unsportsmanlike.
If a coach has to leave in the middle of a game for reasons beyond control or if a coach simply stops responding for 15 minutes with the client left running, that coach is considered as disconnected and you should follow the rules detailed below."

For the full rules:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

Hope you´re happy Smile
Horesco

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

How do I get an admin to unschedule the game?
Horesco

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

No naming.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

you'll probably want to get onto the IRC chat, and go into the fumbbladmin channel; they're usually pretty quick to help with these situations there.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

From here.

Quote:
Differences to the Disconnection Procedure in the Blackbox Division

As the Blackbox Division is a more fast paced flowing division there are a few changes to bear in mind.

1. Not turning up to a game once scheduled is treated the same as disconnecting and carries the same procedures and penalties with one difference. The opposing coach has 10 minutes to join the game or it counts as a disconnection. Once both coaches are in game the normal 15 minute inactivity period is in place.
2. The time to complete the match in point 2.2b is reduced from 1 week to 3 days.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 03:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

PM'd to settle out of the court of public opinion.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Enigma179 wrote:
No, you aren't allowed to turn down matchups in the box. If your opponent ditches, you send them a nice PM and wait 15 minutes, then get an admin to unschedule the game and try again. Presumably they keep a list of the ditchers and if they do it too much they're permabanned or something.

I'm not sure they do keep a list of ditchers though they certainly should imo.

In any case I wouldn't let them get off so easily: sometimes RL does intervene but you can ask them to arrange another time to play you (esp if you think they are chickening out).

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

yoo

must

playz!

OR BANHAMMER!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2011 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Horesco wrote:
I don't want to play cyanide

+1

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Timlagor wrote:

I'm not sure they do keep a list of ditchers though they certainly should imo.

I've asked about this before. They do keep a list. A very extensive one with many different things (including IP, so don't think making another account will save you).

Don't think it goes unnoticed.

Also to be fair i've pulled a noshow once. Activated went to get a drink, then got distracted didn't come back for 20min... Thankfully they seem to have overlooked that.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Enigma179 wrote:

Thats crappy and really stupid advice.
You can enforce the game. Check the link pizzamogul gave *I hope it's the right link*.
You contact your opponent that you want to finish your game and provide availability. Then you wait 24h on his response, inform the administration that he didnt show. Then the opponent has a couple of days to act and look you up for a game, then if he doesn't you get a concession from him and he gets a ban. You really shouldn't neglect that.Behavior like Enigmas for the fast fix... an option box obviously needs... harms the community because it makes people think they can get away wiht it. If you have more then one team to play you should never let somebody off the hook. Don't forget that with the scedule you are also comitted to play the game. Not just your opponent.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Enigma179 wrote:

Thats crappy and really stupid advice.
You can enforce the game. Check the link pizzamogul gave *I hope it's the right link*.
You contact your opponent that you want to finish your game and provide availability. Then you wait 24h on his response, inform the administration that he didnt show. Then the opponent has a couple of days to act and look you up for a game, then if he doesn't you get a concession from him and he gets a ban. You really shouldn't neglect that.Behavior like Enigmas for the fast fix... an option box obviously needs... harms the community because it makes people think they can get away wiht it. If you have more then one team to play you should never let somebody off the hook. Don't forget that with the scedule you are also comitted to play the game. Not just your opponent.

I´d say only do this if you have a very good reason to suspect he really is chickening out. I´ve only had one no-show, and his internet connection went down. He was quite glad to still play our game 30 minutes later.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2011 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage, I disagree - if it is the case that your opponent ditched the game for a bad reason (didn't want to play your team/realized he didn't have time and didn't bother to de-activate/etc), AND it is the case that you don't mind playing another team, then yes, enforcing that your opponent play you is a good thing.

But there are times when your opponent ditches for a legitimate reason (power outage/real life emergency/etc), OR it is the case that you don't want to play another team (like my Strength Monsters; I'm trying to get Brawn up really high), OR it is the case that you simply aren't concerned with policing others behaviour (as that should probably be done by people with access to more information than the averague user has). If any of these apply, then simply getting the game cancelled is far faster, and seemingly, very easy. So I agree with Enimga179.
 Jump to: