46 coaches online • Server time: 19:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree - and I know that movement is one of those heavily debated places where the powers that be (largely due to VAST amounts of experience, don't get me wrong) do think that a 1 point difference can be huge.

My personal issue comes from the fact that, on any team where you have fast positionals, especially if they have better skill access than your linemen, your positionals, the majority of the time, are the ones who will both be ball carrying, and blitzing. Of course there will be those corner cases where this is not true (and in Stunty, these corner cases are quite a bit more common than in regular BB). however, overall, your linemen are still not going to be doing as much critical movement as your positionals. So the difference, from my experience, is lessened. However, I'm trying to get off my high horse; all I want is for people to think about things, that may not have been thought about in some time (since many of these teams were introduced some time ago). Perhaps the reasoning for the pricing is still there; I can understand why it initially happened, I just feel that I would have chosen a different (and probably worse given the reactions) approach.
Olesh

Post   Posted: Feb 29, 2012 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This is just conjecture from me, but I imagine that a full overview of Stunty Leeg is waiting, in part, on the Secret Weapons problem. Goblin Cheaters, for example, is a bit silly as a team at the moment and behaves/plays nothing like they did in LRB4 due to both pending implementation (Bomb, Ball and Chain) and Secret Weapons not leaving the pitch. I think we'll see a lot more stunty action once the icons are finished and in the client, and folks will be able to get a much better idea of how teams play out and who could use a bit of a helping hand or a kneecapping.
 Jump to: