17 coaches online • Server time: 02:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
albator2001

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

If there is a line of 8 ogres or more, how can we go trough without leap ?

And how to take the ball if ogres have a cage ?
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hypno gaze? A fireball?

Maybe these questions are the answer to 'why aren't ogre teams official?'
Razz
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

wait for them to fail bonehead rolls. Then walk past them. Simple really.

Oscar Wilde
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

quite hard, your best bet will be to back off slowly and wait until one or more bonehead, remeber they don't have Tackle Zones when suffering from bonehead (the little yellow dot), so in those cases you can easily dodge in and hit the ballcarrier, if you have a guy with dauntless and/or strip ball, so much the better.
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

bleh beat me to it Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe. Great minds ...

Oscar Wilde
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

As apealing as the idea of "just wait till he fails some bone heads" is, it doesn't always work that way. Waiting for him to fail some boneheads is fine when your dealing with a rookie or low tr ogre team but once you get up to a veteran team with 4+ rerolls and 9+ ogres it's gonna take a little more than few failed bone heads. If your playing a bashy team you really need one or more dps so in the rare event an ogre hits the ground you can make sure it stays there. Your only real hope to break through his line is to use your own big boy and some guard to make a small hole and pray you can get something through. Even that is far from reliable, your only real hope is to lay into them as hard as you can and pray you can drop there ogres bellow 7.

With an agility team things are a lot easier but still not a cake walk at high tr. Your only real hope is a dauntless horns gutter or a strip ball wardancer. You should be able to score by using someone with an agility increase or leap, but it is harder than usual. On defence just pray for a dropped ball or something so you can run in and exploit it, basically the same as any other bashy team just about 10 times harder. Still it's an easier time than trying to out bash the monsters.

You may have noticed my excessive use of the word pray above, that was intentional. All told, your only real hope is to out play him if your a better coach than he is or get really really lucky. The ogre team is just way to powerfull at high tr, they make high tr chaos look like halflings. The rules review needed to tone this team down but all they did was give them more ogres, go figure lol. Confused

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you've got rerolls get yourself a 1 dice block against one without block (when you do). You've got a good chance of knocking him down. Obviously Guard & Dauntless are very useful...

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Skulls - go play a 200+ ogre team and try that. They are broken, no question. They make broken allied teams look like halfings.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna have to back up mully on this one, they are flat out broken. I understand the need to keep an experimental ogre roster out there since they made minis for them and all but come on people. Some seriouse revision needs to be done with this team to make it playable. My original impression was that ogre teams where supposed to be a silly fluff team like gobbos and halflings just in the big and stupid direction rather than small and crafty. In keeping with that line of thinking they should be made into something of a fluff team instead of a monster team of doom. I know their have been several alternative ogre rosters floating around and they need to settle on one with some kind of drawback for the ogres.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thmb - the ONLY thing I can think of is keep them at Big Guy status so they can't use rerolls. Other than that, forget it.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't really want to turn this into a debate on Ogres, so sorry, but: I think the Ogres in Ogre teams should be some sort of inferior Ogres, the ones the "real" teams don't want - all Really Stupid could be one thing. But enough on that - and to give this a bit of legitimacy: as has been said, try to capitalize on the fact that Ogres need either a gobbo to handle the ball (str. 2) or a low AG Ogre, so outrun them (if you can), and try to get to the ball(holder) before the entire team can protect him/it.
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Skulls - go play a 200+ ogre team and try that. They are broken, no question. They make broken allied teams look like halfings.

Confused I'd agree.

That's why I'd stay well away from high end Ogre teams. If you have to resort to 1 dice blocks to get through the line then you are in big trouble.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
as has been said, try to capitalize on the fact that Ogres need either a gobbo to handle the ball (str. 2) or a low AG Ogre, so outrun them (if you can), and try to get to the ball(holder) before the entire team can protect him/it.

Again, this only really works against low TR ogres. The high TR teams almost always have at least one AG3 ogre, who probably also has sure hands to stop strip ball. Goblins are really there only to foul in this case, and they're unlikely to be short on targets.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dauntless, Dauntless and more Dauntless. Outside of Dauntless? Well. . . you could find a nice corner to hide in, or take your chances with the crowd.

Asperon Thorn
 Jump to: