52 coaches online • Server time: 23:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 145 League and Tourn...goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades meta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

...is rather easy right now, at least compared to times when they actually get send off. And in case of bombardiers when they use their bombs and get no SPP for it. And in case of ball & chain players when they get far less reliable.

My question is: Is there a consensus on this issue? How about skilling gnome bombers now to have a full nasty line of artillery when the skill (and Hail Mary Pass) gets implemented? Is that already close to abuse of the situation?

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like a good plan

let's face it - things die so often in stunty anyway, so who cares?

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

... They still get sent off. They just don't work.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. IMO all secret weapon players should be reset (or force-retired) once the stunty client gets working correctly as those guys are SUPPOSED to be hard to skill.

All those ridiculous death rollers and saws and B&Cs out there with a bunch of skills need to go. They should have to earn their skills the way they were meant to (which is to say, hardly at all).

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute! the Rollers and Chainsaws work just fine under the current rules.

NO way reset them...the others...sure I can see the feeling that they should be reset

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

wine more
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Death Roller + B&C having massive skill ups is the reason I consider snotlings the best team in the league right now. Snotlings. And best. In the same sentence. Clearly, something is wrong.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret Weapon desperately needs to be added to the rosters, even if it is temporary until there is a fix for weapons in Stunty. Stunty forums are dead quiet and games are down, I attribute much of that to no SW making most of the teams completely broken.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Secret Weapon desperately needs to be added to the rosters, even if it is temporary until there is a fix for weapons in Stunty. Stunty forums are dead quiet and games are down, I attribute much of that to no SW making most of the teams completely broken.

I would agree..The introduction of SW basically across the board coupled with no ejection of said SW has unbalanced the div to the point of driving some coaches away.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats my point. I love a good bloody match, but playing vs. blodge saws that don't get ejected, or blackle deathrollers (I swear I saw one with piling on!) ain't much fun.

But even once the client IS implemented correctly, it seems highly abusive to me to allow those players to continue given they essentially skilled up in a 'broken-beta' mode.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

even as a Saw user, I totally agree with resetting all the secret weapon types when the final decision is made; saws or deathrollers or anything else largely don't need skills to do their intended job - skills just make them crazy good and hard to kill.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

I would agree..The introduction of SW basically across the board coupled with no ejection of said SW has unbalanced the div to the point of driving some coaches away.

I started to play and totally got into the div. Thanks to jesperius for that, but I agree. Right now it is not fun to play at all.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I am waiting for somewhat balanced rosters and better functioning rules too.

The icons are so awesome, looking very much forward the full package. Smile

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, nice to get some insight! I'll just give up my plan to get four gnome bombardiers with HMP and Pass before SW are implemented then... not that it would be in any way easy to achieve with the roster not being exactly strong right now. I would have only done so when it's common practice and some kind of unofficial consensus.

Also good to know that the activity in the division is rather low right now. I guess I won't bother with it then at the moment and wait for its completion - and get myself a new gnome team then since player cost might be reasonably lower by then (if the suggestions from the according thread go threw).

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2012 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe you have a point, but people might also just want to refuse or dodge to play those that level up their teams now. Sort of like birthday teams i guess in a sense. The question is if it will become a problem or not.
 Jump to: