60 coaches online • Server time: 17:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is it that you can't chat with the players while spectating and they are playing?
shadeysmoke

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

id say to not have someone not involved in the game running there mouth and disrupting others games
quixote

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, and to stop coaching.
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Valid points but the coaching can still happen via IRC/PM'ing/ talking on the phone ect.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the 2 reasons above. Disruptive and coaching. It's not really for stopping deliberate coaching, but accidental.

'He'll need to take 'insert name here' out of the game with his blockle in the 2nd half if he wants to get back into this'

For example, would be coaching, but not deliberate. And you get that sort of chat in a lot of spectated games.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be fun if there was an 'allow spectators chat' option and if both coaches allowed it the chat would become open to read for all.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
huff

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

+1
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Not going to happen, for the reasons I listed. I don't think you can spec your own games now. However during lrb 4, speccing your own games (for tips) was thought to be one of the lowest things you can do. Of course the word min-maxing hadn't been invented back then.
HLY

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

considering I just specced a game where one of the coaches was getting majorly grilled by the spectators, I'm pretty glad that chat is kept private.

and coaching - it can influence other peoples plays and can be darned annoying (even when its another coach just stood over your shoulder refusing to go away...)
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Not going to happen, for the reasons I listed. I don't think you can spec your own games now. However during lrb 4, speccing your own games (for tips) was thought to be one of the lowest things you can do. Of course the word min-maxing hadn't been invented back then.

Really? We used to multi-spec our own games with about 10 clients running parallel. Mind you that was not to get any advantage other than THE ROLLING CHEER: where you had so many clients that by the time the last one cheered, the first was allowed to cheer again! It made a massive wall of sound.

Those were the days...
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

Really? I thought speccing own games was simply cheating. And now you tell me it was just frowned upon like something normal like min-maxing? Damn, why did I never do it?
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a bannable offensive if you got caught yes.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

cue whining from multiple noobs on how unfair the rules are...

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
It was a bannable offensive if you got caught yes.

I never knew that!!
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2012 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

@ HLY:

You mean my loyal following of spectators not only boo me, but also slander me behind my back?

Jump to: