36 coaches online • Server time: 09:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Exempt teams
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aflo

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a nerf if it were made less good as it's just alright as it is. What I like about it is it's different, making it more risky would just make it a chainsaw-lite. Fine as it is I reckon'.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
Stab is great.

Its that great thats why you dont have a single team that has stab? or is it that the teams that do have stab are complete rubbish..... but how can they be rubbish if stabs great?
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Dan-Da-Man wrote:
noobie2k7 wrote:
Stab is great.

Its that great thats why you dont have a single team that has stab? or is it that the teams that do have stab are complete rubbish..... but how can they be rubbish if stabs great?
Stab doesn't make the team. . . i would have thought you'd know better.

Not sure if your comment could even be serious so i'm just going to leave it there.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

stab is reasonable; when it works, its great, but it doesn't work all that often. Sure it's a free shot; but even on AV6, the chance of doing anything more than a stun is: 35%. Or about a 5+.

And I think a 5+ is totally reasonable, as if you don't manage to stun, then you get smashed in the face and have almost the same odds of being removed yourself. (If not far better because you were trying to stab a big guy who's going to crush your face.)
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well, sometimes that stun is enough, especially when there is no actual risk involved of turnovers etc. Plus unlike Saw stab is totally optional and works with multi-block. It has a lot of utility.

edit: plus it is always risky to leave guys in a stabbers TZ's whetehr you'd get a 2d+ or not as stab cares not. It's not only useful on offence but makes the opponent worry about things more than if there were no stabbers. Passive psychological uses.

Last edited by noobie2k7 on %b %26, %2012 - %19:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, it's got lots of good things. I'm saying that it's reasonable, even with all those things.
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

But i love the way people think forest goblins are good because of stab, There not good at all the spiders are not even hard to take out being only AV7 which is the same as a goblin, then you have the forest goblins which are same price as all other goblins but AV6! oh but every thing is ballanced because they have stab lol (sarcasm).

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

when did i ever mention anything about forest goblins? or as you still being sarcastic? i can't tell. . . .

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I don't see a problem with stab, is it more a problem with forest goblins having 4, that don't have SW now?

Who actually has stab?

Eshin 2
Faries 1 star player that seems to play a lot.
Forest Goblins 4
Skinks have 1 right?
Dan-Da-Man

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
when did i ever mention anything about forest goblins? or as you still being sarcastic? i can't tell. . . .

I didnt say you, people in general say they are fine because of the stab.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Personally I don't see a problem with stab, is it more a problem with forest goblins having 4, that don't have SW now?

Who actually has stab?

Eshin 2
Faries 1 star player that seems to play a lot.
Forest Goblins 4
Skinks have 1 right?
and mincemeat the mad butcher the chaos fling star player. Stab + Multi-block on him.
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

From a fluff standpoint, why should forest goblins have more stabbers than eshin?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
From a fluff standpoint, why should forest goblins have more stabbers than eshin?

Eshin could have a couple of assassins to replace the stalkers. Stalkers need to go, and need go hard.
Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Synn wrote:

Eshin could have a couple of assassins to replace the stalkers. Stalkers need to go, and need go hard.

The last thing Stunty should want is more free actions.

Forest Goblins should be axed totally. The Stikkas were originally players armed with 'stakes' (+1 to AV rolls). They were given 'stab' since stakes disappeared in the new ruleset.

__Synn
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2012 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Synn wrote:

The last thing Stunty should want is more free actions.

Forest Goblins should be axed totally. The Stikkas were originally players armed with 'stakes' (+1 to AV rolls). They were given 'stab' since stakes disappeared in the new ruleset.

__Synn

One assassin as a cheap star then maybe. Forest Goblins for me are one of the best themes in stunty, should definitely stay IMO.
 Jump to: