55 coaches online • Server time: 23:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Desdinova

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all! I am a Western US coach that is ver much interested. let me know if there is room, and I will make a brand new team for the occasion.

Des.
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me in, as i told in PM

-F
The_Vlad

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2004 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just submitted my team, hope there are some places left....
Elan

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I just created a new AUS team, hope they get a run!
Desdinova

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I submitted a team to the 2064 ...is that what I should have done?
Des.
Hovring

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

you did it just right
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we only playing 5 games at most then going to tournament? Thats silly if true do a double round robin then take a winner from the divisions. So atleast you play each member of your division twice and get a 'real' champion.
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So is this Tournament full?

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

@Gibbering_Gambits

This is not football or some other sport where people are very dedicated. This is bloodbowl online with a bunch of people you don't know. That means among the players we have som that don't care about how anoying it is that some games are left unplayed. The conclusion is that if you make a tourney where 6 people have to play each other 2 times you will just increase the chance of people getting tired of their team hence not playing their games. I see a 5 games season followed by playoff as absolutely max.
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you need larger groups and more games? There is a season after this one, and a season after that, and... well, you get the point.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Hovring

I ran a 24 team league table top with a 14 game schedule with out those problems and it's even easier to get games in this format. Ran all the way through play-offs no problems.

'...increase the chance of people getting tired of their team hence not playing their games.'

Why would people sign-up then? Being a part of a league takes dedication to a much lesser extent than a pro sport. I do it as a hobby and want a chance for my team to develop (... or not) not have a fluke loss or a bad game decide my league due to a lack of games.

Just my 'suggestion to improve the league' as a few had complained about the shortness of the league before my post. Set it up as you see fit.
quota

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Gibbering_Gambits wrote:
I ran a 24 team league table top with a 14 game schedule with out those problems and it's even easier to get games in this format. Ran all the way through play-offs no problems.

There's a huge difference between running table top and on fumbbl. In tabletop you have to be able to face the other people in the league and not have to look away in shame. Here, noone seems to care.

Gibbering_Gambits wrote:
Why would people sign-up then?

I don't think anyone knows, but fact is, people do. There are an insane amount of dropouts from leagues on fumbbl. People who get their thrower killed in the first game or maybe they just didn't win. Whatever the reason, people drop out, often. It's a damn shame, but it's a fact Sad

Gibbering_Gambits wrote:
Just my 'suggestion to improve the league' as a few had complained about the shortness of the league before my post. Set it up as you see fit.

I'm with you. I would like larger groups aswell, but the problem with people not getting their games played or dropping is too big. I can live with the smaller groups. In the end, I still get to play a lot of games, cause I'm one of the people who actually stick around; at least until the season ends.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

@Gibbering_Gambits

The issue with tapletop is that it os played with friends. In this we only play with a lot of people we don't know and some people we know a little.

If I were to setup a private league with those fumbbl coaches I know I would make it different then, but not an open league.

Try an look at last season how many games that were missing it ain't all that easy even though they did sign up.

5 group games is adequate imo. I know 4 is too little but that was an attempt to copy the major football (aka soccer) championship playoffs like EC and WC. The problem with that system was that people didn't get equal number of games which matters in blood bowl compared to real life football. That was kinda stupid I didn't think of that but so be it.

Anyway with 6 teams per group I think it's perfect. In the danish league I am quite satisfied with that number it makes a season a good length and gives people are chance to lose a game and still have a chance to win the group.

Thats my opinion

/hovring
Twahn

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I run the Australian League on FUMBBL and have found, after 3 seasons of varying succes, that 6 team groups are definately an ideal size.
At first I started with largr groups but the inevitable dropouts cause way too much grief. With a short season, at least you can replace the dropouts a lot more easily.

Hovring knows what he's doing...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Enkeli

Post 22 Posted: Apr 07, 2004 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

What if my opponent doesn`t answer to my inquiries about our game?
Is there some kinda deadline for this or what.
Just wanted to know, cause im itching for this tournament.

Jump to: