55 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem with the playoff selection process. Only one team from most premier divisions, but then 3 go from premier EU. Your argument about the number of players from EU is a good one, but it just doesn't seem fair to allow the third place man from a 6 team league into the playoffs when only 1 player from US and AUS get to go. It would seem more logical to allow the top two from each premier division to go and to allow the winner of each extra EU division to go. Aren't the Division premeir for a reason?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't matter... an Aussie will win it anyway (Go Twahn!)

It has been statistically proven that Aussies are the best fumbbl players going around...

Note: 53.7% of all statistics are made up on the spur of the moment
Hovring

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@Bloodrunners
In both the AUS and US premier divisions 4 out of 6 teams are brand new and I really saw no point in giving brand new teams a chance of going into playoff, but can't avoid it really.
All I can say is that each continent is represented according to how many non new teams they have in the league. EU have 18 (82%), AUS have 2(9%) and US have 2(9%). Next season US will probably get one spot from EU since they have a total of 20% of the players so far (but many of them are new teams, which I wont count in that calculation).
Hovring

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

@Enkeli
If your opponent isn't answering please contact me then, but give him a few days.
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2004 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on coaches pick-up the pace Wink
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2004 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

@Hovring
It`s ok now, played my first game and won 1-0.
And gonna play my 2nd game after the easter.

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It's always the same discussion about group size. it's really a shame, whatever you'll state on your group page, people will join in and then drop out after two or so games, won't play there games in a timely manner, ....
i'm running a german round-robin tournament and i didn't wanted it to be a 6 weeks tournament like so many others, so right now i've got 2 groups of 10 and i'll see how it'll work out.

by the way, i liked the wc2064 set up, and yes, maybe it was pure luck that i reached the play-offs, but i've beaten my three group opp, i will beat 5 as well and if i have to, i'll also beat 9. so, get your boots on and let's settle this on the turf.
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2004 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The Light City Armadillos played their first match this season, again the Innsbruck Highflyers. A rather bloodless fight for once, though once again the Armadillos had trouble getting through the armor of the opponents while they in turn KO'd the Armadillo players a bit too often.

Definitely an exciting match, very close to a tie, but in the end Armadillo catcher Timothy "Stealth" White fumbled the catch for the draw.

Light City Studios (tm) transmitted the match and a summary can be found here.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

World Cup 2064 Champions Melbourne Knuckledusters went down 2-1 in a huge upset to newcomers Melbourne Devils last night.

Mr. Twahn was quick to assure the media that this was a freak occurance only and is confident that Melbourne will still be representing Australia in this year's World Cup Final...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2004 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo I made the waiting list. The Skye Royals look forward to doing their thing for golf and drinking.......errr sorry for BB and drinking yeh.

Expect a bunch of showy loners who dislike contact sports to come together as a tough as nail bunch of bashy ball throwers and runners home, hmmmm, maybe i ask too much of them but hopefully not. I figure as long as i promise to keep the 19th hole, maybe renaming it the 19th Dugout all will be well..........

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm getting a little tired of this league beacuse people are really bad at playing there games I am considering 3 solutions.

a) Just letting it die
b) Making it a small league with 24 teams and one huge qualification group where the players with 5+ games can only enter the 4 main groups. I would then select the 24 teams to be in the group this first season, mainly based on position but also on their games/day ratio since they started on fumbbl. I would then let games/day position rank 1/3 and position in the league 2/3.
c) Let is stay as it is and stay annoyed.

Please comment on this.
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Everything else, except letting it die, is good.
Do whatever it needs to get some wind under it wings, but whatever happens i would like to be in the tournament thou, even if don`t have that much games played per day. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't let it die.
Your coach selection idea sounds fine to me.

Perox.
quota

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I say ride it out. Be harsh, kick teams that doesn't play. Too bad it means some teams won't get to play as many matches, let's hope they will next season. Make a list, don't let coaches join again that didn't play and doesn't have a good reason for not doing so.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

All I can say is I'm waiting on my opponents to play games...
 Jump to: