13 coaches online • Server time: 06:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2016 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

But question is : when will those games be played ?
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev round 5 preview

Kislev's XIIth season has been plagued with forfeits but blessed with a beautiful finish. As we enter the 5th round, no-one can say for sure who will be crowned champion of the division. Newcomers and old members are ready to fight to their last breath to be crowned, and to be assured of joining one of the prestigious major divisions!

Clar Karond Exiles vs Uzkulak Pirates
The Klar Karond Exiles(7point, 0.5 bonus point) currently top the division but by a short margin. A win will of course be enough, but a draw can work too, if the Akendorf Iron Pigs lose or draw. But, if they lose, they'll need the Iron Pigs and the Elites to lose to be sure to be promoted. The good news is they can't miss the Play-Offs. It's their third season in Kislev and you can bet they are repeating to themselves "Third time's the charm!"
But for this to come true, they need to defeat a fierce opponent, the Uskulak Pirates (6 points, 0.5 bonus points). This Chaos Pact is not a new face in the OWCC : they actually won Albion and the Cup in season IV. After a long hiatus they came back and want their rightful spot in the major division back. But after a mitigated season, they need a win and Akendorf Iron Pigs losing their game, because the humans have a 8 bonus point advantage, to win the conference. A draw and a defeat from the Iron Pigs would mean 2nd place and promotion. A loss would be very dangerous : in that case a victory by Lahmia Undead United and a victory or a draw from the Coeth-Mara Elite would push them out of the Play-offs.

Akendorf Iron Pigs vs Lahmia Undead United
This game is as much dependant on the first as to who will win it all. The Akendorf Iron Pigs (6point, 8.5 bonus points) are completing their debut this season and they have done it with a BANG on their opponent corpses. They reminded every one than humans can be a bashy team, even against tough teams. Still, they need to win their game and the Exiles vs Pirates to end in a draw or with a victory of the [/b]Pirates[/b] to be crowned. A victory will mean second place and automatic promotion, while a draw should be enough, thanks to their bonus points. But a loss could see them in Play-Off or even in the Plate if they lose by a lot and other teams win with big numbers.
Lahmia Undead United(4 point, 5 bonus points) is another team thats new to the glory of Albion, Bretonia and even the finals of the cup in season VII. But they got relegated last season and they are currently in a tough spot. They can't win this season, but they can manage to get second by winning with enough bonus points to have more than the Iron Pigs, while hopping for the Exiles to win and the Elite to draw or lose. They have enough bonus point so a win should mean a spot in the Play Off and a last chance of redemption. A draw could be enough if the Elite lose and the Swamp Risers lose or draw. A loss is a ticket to the Plate.

Coeth-Mara Elite vs Doom Glade Swamp-Risers
Coert-Mara Elite (5point, -0.5 bonus points) are the other newcomers that could make it to the major division after their first season by reaching second place. For this they need to win, and either Pirates and Iron Pigs to lose, or Pirates to draw or win and hope to get enough bonus points to beat them or the Exiles on a tie. A draw would put them in a dire situation where they can even miss the chance to get in the Play-Offs. A loss is a place in the Plate for sure.
[b]Doom Glade Swamp-Risers
(4 point, 0 bonus points) are the other undead team that suffered last season and got relegated in Kislev. Sadly it doesn't look too good for them. Their only hope of promotion is a ticket to the Play Off. But even that will be hard. They'll need to win and their "brothers" (aren't we all brothers in death and afterlife?) to either draw or lose. Any other result than a win will get them to the Plate.

Marienburg Magpies vs [L] Eight Peaks Screaming Bell
Will this game be played ? The skaven have yet to play a game this season… Any way none of this team can hop a spot on the Play Off. The Magpies were until last season a common face in the major division, but they'll need to build up one more season in Kislev before coming back. But there is no doubt they want it dearly and that Valdemar the Reborn, their minotaur, currently holding the record for the most star players points in a single season (37 in season X!!!) is "pushing" his teamates to train as much as him to do it.

Rock Skulls Pirates vs Gaen Vale Starlights
Neither the ogres of the (other) [b]Pirates or the wood elves of the [b]Starlights have been sighted since a few rounds ago, so once again we can only wonder if the game will be played at all. Anyway neither of this team can hope a spot in the Play-Off. But it is still very possible to finish the season with a last hurrah, and we sincerely hope they will do so !
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Big thanks to BlueDevil420 and Patator for the round 5 previews!
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well you're welcome, although now that I am re reading what I wrote, I see a lot of problems and it doesnt feel very clear... ^^; I hope it is still understandable.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome write ups for all the divisions.

Renegades vs Scavengers ended up in a drw but it was not the "gentlemans agreement" that was mentioned in the write up. Both teams went all out to secure the win to try and nab a cup place. With the Renegades up 2-0 at half time it was looking good but ttorvatn clearly had some angry words for his Saurus hitters at half time as they came out all guns blazing second half and finally started hurting players and secured the draw!

All the gobbos were too scared to return to the pitch so the last chance to get the TTM and the extra point were not to be.

What has surprised me the most though is the fact that somehow the Renegades have managed to finish with enough points to avoid relegation! Will they be able to do the same next season? Or will they crash back into Kislev?

Only time will tell...

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Patator for the love towards Kislev. Now my 6 Wood Elves (including 2 Rookie Catchers) just have to get the job done vs the more experienced Undead for a possibility of getting out of this frozen wasteland! I guess we'll pick up a few journeymen and hope that they offer a little help. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Be careful "mean" Patator your nemesis will come soon for you!!!

Enjoy when you still can!!

xD

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw tonight around 23h server time I play with Uzkulak for our last game of the season. And the DoomBringers are on fire ! The inducement nore the absence of two guard dorfs wont stop them to compete on the cup and, this time, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ! Win it all !!!

Smile

Or so they say.
WeeManBiggins

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally played a match!!!! Here is the match report.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3789909

A tight affair which was almost tied by the Ogres. My Elves couldnt Elf enough, but manage to ride nuffles luck right to the end. A great opponant and hope to play Romeosky again soon, many laughs were had.
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the Scalded Delta Dogs who claim the Bretonnia Conference title!
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A last match win v's palandt tentacle-escaping humans may have been enough to avoid relegation... I'm too tired to work it out though. The Diseased Wasters are not the team they were though and we need to skill up the Nurgle Warriors.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
A last match win v's palandt tentacle-escaping humans may have been enough to avoid relegation... I'm too tired to work it out though. The Diseased Wasters are not the team they were though and we need to skill up the Nurgle Warriors.

yeah, you're out of the relegation zone
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah you're out of it.

Zhaar Doom Bringers just won a very difficult match vs the Quenelle Carnival. Once again unable to make cs, but hopefully the elves started to hurt themselves quite early. The true hero of the game is the bullcentaur G'Kar who scores both touchdown and didn't fail any pick up and resisted -2d blocks an multiple occasions. Thanks again for the game Uzkulak !
But the real news is that "Chief" Garibaldi" has rolled an 12 so I'm continuing to get lucky and my team to get ugly. If I can rise up my coaching to my players abilities I would have a decent shot at the title I guess. We'll shall find out soon enough...
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2016 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratz to the Scalded Delta Dogz and The_Demon !
Patator

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2016 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow ! Perfect season for BlueDevil420 and the Lumberjacks ! 5-0, only 2 td taken and +16 final bonus ! For a fourth division title.. True champions indeed ! Congratz Wink
 Jump to: