54 coaches online • Server time: 17:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, the warbles skyward were met with fortune, but when it looked easiest it became hardest and I nearly dropped an almighty clanger by escaping with the win - there were but 2 standard agility rolls between Winni and a draw.

So few knocked out norse men had come back over the game - 1 of 6 attempted recoveries - that I forgot they could come back at all and scored the 2nd touchdown early with 4 men over. Perhaps instead of mining for star player points with touchdowns, I should have focused on casualties and passes and used the numerical advantage as a training ground exercise instead of exercising misplaced confidence!

Good game Winni, I got away with that one.

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I did forget that your TD was a 4+4+3+ dodge fest Smile so perhaps my confidence wasn't so misplaced... <chuckles>

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it seems yesterday was a good for Uzkulak teams as both won their opening rounds.

On a side note, it seems I'm not very good at predicting, since both the teams I predicted to win conferences lost yesterday.
Winni

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
4+4+3+ dodge fest

Its called dedication.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2013 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Drrek wrote:
Well it seems yesterday was a good for Uzkulak teams as both won their opening rounds.

Absolutely - both teams scored almost simultaneously as well! I'm sure there were plenty of Uzkulak citizens with headaches this morning.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2013 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

But now will coach uzkulak win for the hat trick?!

btw - the last pairing in the Bretonnia division, the Pavona Pillagers v. the New Bretonnia Expatriates, has been scheduled for Sat eve BB time. Just so no one's worried about that.

We're on 'er, your honour!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2013 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one. If I'm around, I'll try and watch it. Just so you know, there has been at least one fatality in every Bretonnia Conference game so far. The fans have come to expect a certain type of Blood Bowl in Bretonnia. Don't let them down!

Albion Conference: keep up!

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2013 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Chainsaw on %b %27, %2013 - %01:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2013 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

That's Arrrr-some!

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2013 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Long story short, we got spanked, but good.

Lizards decided they didn't need blocking dice (nor certainly casualties!), and their coach (apparently) decided to drink heavily before the game. No fatalities, but 4 skinks BH and none on the field for a KickOff makes for tough balling.

A poor combination, all things considered.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2013 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the fans must have been disappointed in the lack of blood in the Goldlord's first match. Not a single casualty for either team. Although there were 10 Slann Ko'd over the course of the game. The dwarves had to resist quite a lot of 1db leap blitzes, but otherwise it was a tough match up for the Slann. Good rookie game.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2013 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretonnia Conference Round 2 Preview

Pavona Pillagers vs Sylvania Walkers
Both teams managed a 3-TD win in the first round, but now have to prove themselves against each other. The Pillagers got lucky with their skill rolls, and the Guard might help them combat the bash of the Walkers. No tacklers means no reliable way to stop the blodger though.

Black Chasm Rush vs New Bretonnia Expatriates
At the other end of the table, their two victims from the first round face off. This is a classic high speed match-up, although neither team showed much ability to score TDs in their first game. The Expats are down a saurus, which might help the Rush.

Uzkulak Pirates vs IFK Marienburg
Both these teams won their first game 2-1, and are very much still in the hunt for first place. The strong catcher for the elves is a little scary, but with no reserves on either side I think this one will depend on casualties.

Blackmountain Bully Boyz vs Nidhoggstad Icedragons
The Bully Boyz came out of their first game completely unscathed, while the Icedragons have had to hire in some extra help. This has the potential to be a bloody match-up, if all the Block on the Icedragons doesn't save them.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The Black Tower Blitzers vs Pradeshynya Misfits Albion Conference match will be taking place at around 8pm GMT. Come along and revel in the bloodshed!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like it is going to be a busy night in the OWCC, with at least four games planned for this evening!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2013 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes all were planned.....but then none of us could be arsed so we just decied to go and slob out on the couch instead Razz

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
 Jump to: