23 coaches online • Server time: 12:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they will create another cyanide only roster like bretonnians then completely miss the point again and stick ninjas in it.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard they are adding a Stunty division.

They hope to issue a bug fix on the stunty skill in 2015.

__Synn
member1234

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

All the bitching and moaning aside, I hope it isn't a kick in the nads for fumbbl. Look what happened when the original hit (half the playerbase gone) and the site has just gone back to constant growth.

As for the game, I never had problems with it, just wasn't as functional as here in the least, but looked pretty. If this is actually done right I could give it a whirl. I thought Cyanide only had a contract for 3 games (used up now) and the team that worked on it was gone though? Could always hope some other dev gets a swing at the bat?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

cyanide has done nothing but gouge their fanbase repeatedly...

do you really think they're going to offer anything new and fresh to the title, except for some graphic revamps?...

the drop-off that happened with the initial release was not replicated in subsequent releases...mainly because adding a race wasn't cause for a mass outflux of coaches from here...

--j

ImageImage
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be pointed out that there's been no mention of Cyanide being involved or not, just Focus.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt Cyanide would have retweeted the logo if they weren't involved: https://twitter.com/CyanideStudio

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta give it to them. They know that the best part of game design is releasing it and getting paid. Do it as much as possible, a good business model/
This is getting to be like Friday the 13th movies. Cheap, quick, plentiful, same thing every time.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tee hee, this should be fun all over again!

I must say, they've got a considerable amount more gumption than I ever predicted. For a product so universally damned, some buffoon must still be giving them money to carry on.

Surely it'll have some 'selling point' above and beyond a graphics update and a suite of new bugs. I await the hilarity of cries for Space Marines to make the move from BB 2 to the NAF / Ranked. Wink
Scaramanga

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

2-3 stars, 2-3 stadiums, 1 new roster let's go !!!!
MisterFurious

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:
Gotta give it to them. They know that the best part of game design is releasing it and getting paid. Do it as much as possible, a good business model/
This is getting to be like Friday the 13th movies. Cheap, quick, plentiful, same thing every time.

Works for Capcom. Release a game and then do fifteen more versions, each with a couple of new editions and brand new DLC (which only works for one version) and then count your money as idiots buy the same game over and over again. Do they bitch and moan? Sure. But they still buy it.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2013 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

wahahahaahaahaha this site is gold

see this commentary about how the AIs dice rolls are fixed Very HappyD:DVery HappyD:DVery HappyVery HappyD:

"SkittleDiddler says:

I’ve heard that all before. In my experience with the single-player campaign, the AI consistently and overwhelmingly gets better die rolls. Prove me wrong by rolling out all those biased charts and tables you Blood Bowl players love to harp about.

Did I **** at the game? Yes, most certainly — I only put in about 20 hours before I got tired of the game’s rule-bending in favor of the AI teams, so I never got a chance to get really good at it.

Blood Bowl is a ***** game made by a ***** developer, and the fanbase tends to sink to that same level of *****ness when they insist on defending the most blatantly broken parts of the game."
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 01:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Especially funny as the RNG is the only part the does work properly. Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Make it 3D. And an FPS. Remove the dice. Give everybody guns. Yeah, that'll sell.

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad I didn't buy Blood Bowl on the XBox when it was on sale last weekend. $4.99 US, and I couldn't bring myself to buy it :-p
krysskroz

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2013 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Why so much hate based solely off of an announcement? It will be a new team and maybe it will be an excellent title that finally faithfully represents Blood Bowl in a visually stunning way..........LOL, ok nope sorry, couldn't keep a straight face even just typing that. It will suck, and people will buy it, and then they will milk the customers for as much $$ as possible.

Jump to: