16 coaches online • Server time: 07:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Viajero wrote:
PS: And with SteamĀ“s regular discount offerings now and then, and if you are ready to wait for them, you should be able to get any of their latest version incarnations by a meaguer 7-10 USD/Eur (i.e. last weekend sale etc).

But then, what is the point of doing that if a new version is just around the corner?

Will there be a discount for existing users?

Maybe they are so inept that it will work out cheaper for new users to buy the old version + new version (with discount) than buying the new version on it's own. (Again?)

I assume that they will need to kill the chaos/legend server sooner or later to force people to upgrade. Otherwise they are looking at a split user base.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, "around the corner" for Cyanide/Focus is a very lose term Razz BB2 release may very well be in late 2014 for all I know. But that is indeed a good question which Cyanide/Focus have not yet addressed at all.

The little info so far points to a totally new and incompatible version indeed (with maybe a consideration for at least transferring teams over). Maybe they think it is not an issue, FIFA style, who knows.
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. I figure it's either the same old product with bit of a face lift but probably most of the same old bugs.

Or, a brand new product with a brand new set of bugs that will take two or three years to get into a state that is as usable as Chaos Ed. Wink

I suppose this kind of thing works because there people in the world who:
a. Have too much money and buy a couple of games every week but probably don't play many of them for more than a week or two.
b. Are like my son and only buy two or three games in a year but yes, you guessed it two of them will be FIFA and Football Manager. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I fear that we will see a whole new set of cyanide teams...
not just one...
Viajero

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

KhD hasnt turned out all that bad after all actually... Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
I fear that we will see a whole new set of cyanide teams...
not just one...

Not much to worry about I think. It doesn't affect us apart from a temporary increase in moaning. Wink

When we get our [L]eague updates I'm sure we'll have way more teams than them. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
When we get our [L]eague updates I'm sure we'll have way more teams than them. Wink

oh, right Very Happy
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always been surprised by the negativity around the Cyanide game here. I mean, I prefer Fumbbl, but Cyanide was my first contact with BB and while it certainly has its flaws, it's still a fun experience. No need to bash it into the ground for whatever (personal) reasons.
Also, I don't see why they shouldn't introduce new rosters. I'm sure that they would think their rosters through and Khorne seems like a fun roster. Obviously Fumbbl shouldn't (necessarily) follow them. Let it do its thing we all love.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSyron wrote:
I've always been surprised by the negativity around the Cyanide game here.

Presumably, because the theory is that the whole reason why FUMBBL got our C&D letters is due to the Cyanide product...

TheSyron wrote:
Also, I don't see why they shouldn't introduce new rosters. I'm sure that they would think their rosters through and Khorne seems like a fun roster.

You mean like they thought through their development & production? Because that went swimmingly, right?

--j

ImageImage
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

(From a non-cyanide basher)

TheSyron wrote:

I'm sure that they would think their rosters through and Khorne seems like a fun roster.

You maybe sure of that, but I'm more sure you are wrong. That's water under the bridge though, and doesn't need to be brought back up.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
(From a non-cyanide basher)

TheSyron wrote:

I'm sure that they would think their rosters through and Khorne seems like a fun roster.

You maybe sure of that, but I'm more sure you are wrong. That's water under the bridge though, and doesn't need to be brought back up.

Oh, don't worry, I saw the fallout of that here. I don't want to bring that debate up again. I'm just in the camp of the more (rosters) the merrier. (As long as it's reasonably balanced.)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not anti that. I actually was really looking forward to the Khorne roster. The first problem is that Khorne is a very brave roster to tackle and this is most of the problem.

1. The people making those decisions obviously don't have a good grasp of what would work and what wouldn't.
2. The work and musts they passed onto the design staff was (almost certainly) far too constraining and was naive in design.
3. GW then added a few musts and must not's themselves (this isn't necessarily a bad thing though).

Without making judgement on the job the roster designers did (the views are mixed there) we can only think that with points 1 & 2 (and there's no reason to think their policy here has or will change) any critically successful roster will be down to luck.
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2013 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Ice Cubes 4147 Dodge, Stunty, Regenerate*, Decay*, Sprint, Titchy, Right Stuff

0-2 Glass Cannon Ice Sculpture 1141 Throw Team Mate, Decay, Hail Mary Pass

0-2 Icebergs 1919 Stand Firm, Take Root, No Hands, Hypnotic Gaze, Disturbing Presence, Regenerate*, Decay*

*Decay only applies in Very Sunny weather or Heatwave; Regenerate only applies in Blizzard.[/quote]

When will this team be on Fumbbl?
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone remember Moo3? it sucked so hard when it was released, and it ended the franchise.

Cyanide released Bloodbowl, because someone Wanted to do it.
One day someone will release, or re-release Necromunda, Mordenheim, space hulk, or mutant chronicles siege of the citadel. (Those games are dying for a video game version of them. Yet, Blizzard is choosey on what it makes.) But those games don't have the same draw that bloodbowl has.

It's usually fans like us, like Christer and Skijunkie, that started this site, and lo and behold 13 years after Christer's Fumbbl site, Cyanide release bloodbowl. Bloodbowl had enough interest in it for Cyanide to pick it up.

But because they are a French company, with no golden child programmer/developer to save it from Gross imperfections, because their intent is money first and idealism second. It will be always be second rate.

Christer, Skijunkie, Whatball, and others, have built this bloodbowl product, and built up this community for free, based on idealism. And the community here is awesome and great to be in.

Also, after the GW Bloodbowl Rules Committee, was disbanded, it's not likely we'll get another Living Rulebook update anytime soon. it's really a shame too, because it was like playing a new game every few years they'd release a new LRB. (Now that's just a "Golden age" of bloodbowl, where the fouls hurt, the ref was blind, and your Zen master fouler award was something to be proud of.)
Beerox

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2014 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

You have caused me pain by saying MOO3
 Jump to: