64 coaches online • Server time: 18:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2013 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Air Spirits

M ST AG AV Skills Cost Normal Doubles
0-16 Gusts 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Disturbing Presence, Right Stuff, Fend 50k A/P G/S
0-4 Sylphs 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Pass Block, Very Long Legs 70k A/P G/S
0-2 Tornadoes 5 5 2 8 Shadowing, Mighty Blow, Throw Team-mate, Bonehead, Disturbing Presence 150k S/P G/A

Rerolls: 60k
Apothecary: Yes

Long have the spirits of the air been involved in the game of BloodBowl through the vagaries of the weather table. How else does one explain the ball scattering even on a fine day. It was an enterprising elemental wizard who summoned the first Air elemental team (though they took little persuading), sadly they were forbidden from playing in the main divisions of Blood Bowl by the powerful Elven lobbyist groups who hated having their perfect passes spiral out of control as the wind interfered in the game. Fortunately the team found Stunty Leeg and the rest is history.

If I could think of different air spirits this list might be a little more varied but this is version 1.0 so we'll see what changes in time.
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2013 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.mindsoulspirit.com.au/nature_spirits_air.html

Use this link for some inspiration, have 4 different sylphs for the different seasons
I look forward to what U come up with Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2013 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks man, will check that out. Very Happy
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2013 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

And if you just mean names for them, rather than player types/stats/skills: http://www.macmillandictionary.com/thesaurus-category/british/Types-of-wind

e.g. Mistral, Zephyr, Sirocco, etc.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
And if you just mean names for them, rather than player types/stats/skills: http://www.macmillandictionary.com/thesaurus-category/british/Types-of-wind

e.g. Mistral, Zephyr, Sirocco, etc.

Perfect man, Ta. Smile
gudamor

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I worry that the mass Disturbing Presence on the Big Guy and linemen makes the Sylphs, and their skills, rather redundant. Why pass on a 5+/6+ and risk an interception, let alone try to throw a bomb? Unless the Sylph's skill choices were made less-powerful on purpose to balance out mass-Fend and a Shadowing Big Guy?
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

gudamor wrote:
I worry that the mass Disturbing Presence on the Big Guy and linemen makes the Sylphs, and their skills, rather redundant. Why pass on a 5+/6+ and risk an interception, let alone try to throw a bomb? Unless the Sylph's skill choices were made less-powerful on purpose to balance out mass-Fend and a Shadowing Big Guy?

It's a fair point man. My first version of the team which I lost had more player types which kind of split up the Disturbing Presence and Fend ideas but when I was typing this up earlier without the names to hand they got stuck together. Back to the drawing board, Smile.
Corvidius

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Air Spirits

0-16 Zephyrs 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Fend 40k A/P G/S
0-4 Sylphs 7 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Pass Block, Very Long Legs 60k A/P G/S
0-2 Sirroccos 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Pass Block, Disturbing Presence 70k A/P G/S
0-2 Tornadoes 5 5 2 8 Shadowing, Mighty Blow, Throw Team-mate, Bonehead, Disturbing Presence 150k S/P G/A

Long have the spirits of the air been involved in the game of BloodBowl through the vagaries of the weather table. How else does one explain the ball scattering even on a fine day. It was an enterprising elemental wizard who summoned the first Air elemental team (though they took little persuading), sadly they were forbidden from playing in the main divisions of Blood Bowl by the powerful Elven lobbyist groups who hated having their perfect passes spiral out of control as the wind interfered in the game. Fortunately the team found Stunty Leeg and the rest is history.

Take 2
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the team idea.

A minor point regarding the fluff though: how can an apothecary patch up a load of air? A puncture repair kit and bike pump?

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Not actually an apothecary, I'd imagine, more the wizard reinforcing the spells that bind them to the mortal plane, or something similar...

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2013 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Not actually an apothecary, I'd imagine, more the wizard reinforcing the spells that bind them to the mortal plane, or something similar...

Yup, I had considered Regeneration tbh but I felt it would take away much of the teams fragility and raise the costs significantly.
gudamor

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

0-16 Zephyrs 6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Fend 40k A/P G/S
0-16 Dust Devil 5 1 3 5 Ball & Chain, Dauntless, Dodge, Extra Arms, Side Step, Regeneration, Tackle A G/S 70K

Sometimes called "dancing devils" for their unpredictable movement, dust devils are known for being sudden, short-lived, and disorienting, but not particularly deadly. The spells binding an Air Spirit to the Dust Devil greatly increase its (natural) lifespan but do little to improve its fragility. They have been known to pick up the ball and carry it long distances, though not necessarily the right direction.

Dust Devil statline is taken from 0-4 Snotling Mob 5 1 3 5 Ball & Chain, Dauntless, Dodge, Extra Arms, Side Step, Regeneration, Tackle A 70K (http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=534948#534948)
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Does pass block work on bombs?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2013 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSyron wrote:
Does pass block work on bombs?

No.
gudamor

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2013 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Air Spirits

0-16 Gusts 6 1 3 5 Dodge, Stunty, Foul Appearance, Right Stuff, Fend, (Thrall) 50k A/P G/S
0-16 Dust Devil 5 1 5 5 Ball & Chain, Dodge, Strip Ball, Tackle, Hypnotice Gaze, (Thrall) A G/S 60K
0-2 Tornadoes 6 5 1 8 Shadowing, Mighty Blow, Bloodlust, Disturbing Presence 130k S G/A

An air elemental in a wispy humanoid form, the Gust tends to dissipate from the slightest blow. If the opposing player can overcome the winds that constantly blow outwards from them, that is.

Sometimes called "dancing devils" for their unpredictable movement, dust devils are known for being short-lived and not particularly deadly, but extremely disorienting. The spells binding an Air Spirit to the Dust Devil greatly increase its (natural) lifespan but do little to improve its fragility. They have been known to suck the ball out of opposing players hands and carry it away, but not necessarily in the right direction.

The largest and most malevolent Air Spirits manifest as the fearsome Tornado. Fast, dangerous, and determined, these whirlwinds will not hesitate to siphon the winds from lesser elementals if it lets them chase down escaping prey.

So Corvidius your fluff kind of got stuck in my head and I ran with it.I hope you're fine with me spouting my ridiculous, unbalanced ideas. These are the skills and positionals I think of when I think of an Air Spirit team.
 Jump to: