87 coaches online • Server time: 22:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Throw Team Mate Land...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Hmm
Sounds nice.
67%
 67%  [ 70 ]
Not nice.
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
I'm gonna go with pie for now.
25%
 25%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 103

xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2013 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What they said. All 3 are great films, Braindead (aka Dead Alive in the US) is a particular favourite. It's just a shame all of his Hollywood work has been so consistently awful.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I have finally completed my Naggaroth Chain Breakers' player biographies. Take a look into the yearbook to meet the team.

I like the result, to me it seems like a rather interesting mix of fun, tragic and absurd elements.

Long live the Chain Breakers (as I don't want to create many more unique player bios in the next time)!

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

very nice, where are the pictures from? Looks a bit D&D'ish (Baldur's Gate or something similar?)

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

They're from the card/deck building game Thunderstone. And yes, a lot of things in Thunderstone can remind one of D&D. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Scarfaced Scavengers vs Rust Skulls

The Chaos Dwarves took to the field hoping to bounce back from the narrowest of defeats. They were again facing off against the hordes of Chaos. A team with an average strength in excess of their own.

The CDs badly wanted to win this coin toss but again the were kicking. Meaning the Chaos team would get the chance to smash some Chaos Dwarf skulls. And boy did they take advantage. First killing the only Hobgoblin on the LoS followed by a Badly Hurt Chaos Dwarf which their Apothecary rushed to the aid of.

The Chaos Dwarves spotted their Beastman ball carrier was particularly agile and made certain of collecting the ball in the first turn. Though the Chaos Dwarf kick was deep.

Already finding them selves 3 players down was not in the game plan, maybe the coach has been whipping the team too hard. Because of the superior strength of the opposition and the lack of numbers the Chaos Dwarves played an uber aggressive pressing game. One Bull Centaur went round the back of the Chaos line to pressure the ball carrier. A Chaos Dwarf stunned a Beastman and the rest just stuck to the Chaos players like glue leaving only the Hobgoblins and 2nd Bull Centaur further back field.

Although a risky tactic it started to pay off as the chaos quickly lost their RRs and the Chaos Dwarvs started to even the numbers up, first Badly Hurting one Beastman and then breaking the neck of another.

The Chaos Dwarves now had the Chaos cage surrounded on all sides, although they still has 1 less player their skills were making their hits count. They knocked the ball carrier down but the ball scattered on to another Beastman. This gave the Chaos team a very slim chance of scoring again, a number of blocks were required followed by a dodge and GFI but it wasn't to be, the Chaos had no Re-rolls and sure enough one of the Warrior went down trying to block a Chaos Dwarf. The remainder of the half just saw both teams trying to hurt the opposition as much as possible and another Hobogoblin was badly hurt in the process.

The second half kicked off the Chaos Dwarves were down to 9 and the Chaos down to 10.

Coach Garion prayed to Hashut to injure the entire LoS and the Chaos Dwarf god answered. Though one just went prone, the other two were seriously injured, one suffering a damaged back and another players hand got smashed.

This made it 9 vs 8 for the Chaos Dwarves now. The Bull Centaur spent a couple of turns fumbling with the ball, but once this was secure the Chaos Dwarves made their move down one wing. The Chaos team were getting outbashed now and could do little to stop the Touchdown, though a Chaos Warrior did manage to dodge free and knocked the Bull Centaur ball carrier over. The supporting Bull Centaur knocked the Warrior down and tied him up. Worryingly Tramples the ball carrying Bull fluffed the pick up again, leaving only 2 more turns to attempt picking it up. On the 2nd turn of trying the ball was secure and he ran down the clock scoring in the final minute of the game.

Another clean sheet to appease Nurgle but no kills for the Blood god this time. Rust Skulls however managed two kills, to add to Khornes throne of skulls.

1-0 to the Chaos Dwarves and they move into 2nd place in the league.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Scarfaced Scavengers -vs- Legion of Rage

Buoyed on by their last win Scarfaced Scavengers took to the pitch full of hope, knowing that this win would place them top of the league, at least until Cic and their Stallions played their next game.

Legion of Rage, a Chaos Pact team were the opponents managed by the infamous Bill Brasky.

Yet again we lost the coin toss though as it was raining this didn't concern us too much.

The Chaos Dwarves kicked and the ball landed right in the hands of an unsuspecting marauder placed on the LoS. The pact team skilfully pushed the Chaos Dwarves back freeing their ball carrier up. Who then tried to make a hand off to the teams Dark Elf. The Elf too preoccupied with the rain damaging his beautiful black hair didn't see the hand off coming. The marauder placed it in his stomach and the ball dropped to the floor sticking in the mud at his feet.

The Chaos Dwarves then began to press, using their superior skill set to gain a blocking advantage.

The Pact team moved the ball back field from side to side probing for an opening but the Chaos Dwarves stood their ground using the Bull Centaurs in support behind their first line of defence.

With time running out the Pact team had to make their move, and positioned their team down one wing. The Chaos Dwarves had it covered though and pressed the screen until their Bull Centaurs were bearing down on the Dark Elf ball carrier. They knocked him on his back - the ball bounced loose and in to the arms of Tramples the Bull ball carrier.

There was still time to score in the opponents half. The Chaos Dwarves started smashing the marauders away from the Bull Centaur. With only one Marauder left clinging to the Bull Centaur for dear life a Chaos Dwarf blitzed him, taking him down would mean a certain TD even pushing him away would do, but the Marauder saw him come and stuck his leg out catching the Chaos Dwarf right in the face.

The half was over, the Chaos Dwarves found them self one player down due to a useless Hobgoblin that tried to dodge for the winning touchdown.

Still raining the second half kicked off with Scarfaced Scavengers receiving. The Pact spotted their chance with their numerical advantage and their strength advantage courtesy of two largely ineffective big guys and positioned their whole team on the LoS save for a Goblin and a Dark Elf.

This caused problems for the Chaos Dwarves who didnt have the players to knock all 9 of the opposing players over. So they picked one side and focused their aggression there.

Clearly insulted by this tactic the Chaos Dwarves immediately Ko'd a mercenary Marauder and them Stompy stunned the other one. The Chaos Dwarves covered the ball as best they could and then proceeded to knock half of the opposing team on their back.

Tramples hands were sure and he picked the ball up in the rain first time of asking.

The Pact team lines up to banks of 4 trying to stop the Chaos Dwarf advance, the CDs moved from one wing to the other and then pressed, tying up the two big guys with a couple of Dwarves and then putting tackle zones on the first line of defence, the Pact team didn't have the strength to hit back so just had to re-position on that wing to try and halt the advance.

The Chaos Dwarves spotted their chance and made a diagonal run in behind the Pact defence and then blocked as many players over as they could screening the ball carrier off and still tying up the Pact big guys.

The Pact team had to resort to some last ditch defending and sent in the stunty Goblin to try and take down the Bull Centaur, he failed and the path was clear, the Chaos Dwarves parked their Bull in front of the end zone and then finally started hurting some Pact marauders.

In the penultimate turn the Chaos Dwarves recognised the threat the Goblin posed and a Hobgoblin tried to stamp on the prone Gobo, but he could only stun it. The ball was walked in with seconds remaining 1-0.

Still fearful of the Goblins ability to score in the dying seconds, the Chaos Dwarves blitzed in to the Pact half tried to knock a Marauder over which would have meant he could put a tackle-zone on the Goblin. But the Marauder stood his ground and the Pact team would have their chance to throw the goblin.

The kick landed deep in the pact half but still in range for the throw team mate attempt. A marauder ran up to the ball slipped in the mud and completely fumbled the ball. The final whistle went.

1-0 to the Scarfaced Scavengers, next up some damn dirty rats. Get your stomping boots on lads.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice stuff Rabe!

So if chainbreaker rolls doubles, Squeaky will make sure his stats matches his fluff, providing him with 2 heads?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely - I just would it explain differently: He always had two heads, just now he realized (or better: they agreed on) how to use them properly on the pitch. Smile

By the way: When will you play your next Naggaroth match? My Chain Breakers are longing for some action!!

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Heya

This hole project looks awesome and I really repent of not being part of it. So my question is: Any plans to include new teams and, if so, when will there propably be the chance to apply again?

Cheers
F
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2013 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
Heya

This hole project looks awesome and I really repent of not being part of it. So my question is: Any plans to include new teams and, if so, when will there propably be the chance to apply again?

Cheers
F

we will probably start recruiting again around the time when the main event starts wich is september... but you can always just apply a random team to the group to be on our reserves list (if somebody drops out) and be informed when we start off again.
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

How did I miss this opportunity? ah well... Wink sign me up on the reserve list, thank you very much.

I chose Bretonnia and humans.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ludovicious wrote:
How did I miss this opportunity? ah well... Wink sign me up on the reserve list, thank you very much.

I chose Bretonnia and humans.

We'll be recruiting for season 2 in a month.

If you want on the reserves list instead, just apply with a random team to the group and you will recieve an offer from whatever nation has space. But might not be the nation you're looking for.

The odds that we will need more replacements are slim right now since we are already in the middle of stuff.
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Okies. I just applied with a team though. If it's just in one month and the chances are slim I'd actually prefer to join properly, so don't put me on the list.

Is the team I applied with then put off by you, or does it just rest there until I sign up here in the forum again?
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2013 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

it's more in two month.. but applications will start in one Wink
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2013 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

New buttons for the enhancement of the league page. I didn't really know what buttons you might want in the future, so I took the liberty of adding a couple that seemed appropriate. Cool

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
 Jump to: